It Finally Happened... - RGB PSU Cables

3 minutes ago, Chicken Man said:

Did we REALLY need this?

Yes.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

1 minute ago, tikker said:

Yes.

You're probably right.

Probably.

Edited by Chicken Man
Grammar

"strimer"

LUL

rgb needs to go away.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

3 minutes ago, Enderman said:

"strimer"

LUL

rgb needs to go away.

I think its fine, As long as its not over done. Which this is kinda over done. The NZXT hue+ however, is delightful.

4 minutes ago, Chicken Man said:

I think its fine, As long as its not over done. Which this is kinda over done. The NZXT hue+ however, is delightful.

Anyone who uses rgb for more than one colour gets no respect >:(

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I rather the look of UV fabric. This looks cheap AF. Really gimmicky.

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

Anyone who uses rgb for more than one colour gets no respect >:(

What so should we all go back to those dinky, ugly UV Rods?

Can they stop using titles which don't describe anything about what the video is about please.

First it was the Lenovo X1 Carbon review, which the title was initially "Who are you trying to impress" the rest was added later.

Then the video about the Asus PG27UQ, which should have had a title that told you something about the monitor, either its specs, or name.

Then this video "It finally happened", maybe change it to "It finally happened - RGB PSU cables" or something similar.

I know that they are trying to do SEO, and I don't mind, for example when they included "Fortnite" in the aforementioned monitor video, however please don't allow this to make your titles completely unrelated, you can still do SEO while including the topic of the video.

CPU: Ryzen 1700@3.9ghz; GPU: EVGA 560 Ti 1gb; RAM: 16gb 2x8 Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000; PCPP: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/b3xzzM

10 minutes ago, Chicken Man said:

What so should we all go back to those dinky, ugly UV Rods?

No, you should go back to properly colour matching your components and using regular LED strips, or if you use RGB set it to one colour and not a puke-rainbow of effects.

My friend uses RGB to make an aqua-green-blue colour which normally isn't available as a component colour or LED colour, so it needs to be made with a combination of RGB.

This is fine.

Doing this is not:

Image result for rgb pc

Looks just as bad as this:

Image result for colourful  old computer inside

RGB ^^^ Back when computers had multicolour PCBs.

Basically kids just need to grow up and settle on a well-designed colour scheme.

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, Enderman said:

No, you should go back to properly colour matching your components and using regular LED strips, or if you use RGB set it to one colour and not a puke-rainbow of effects.

My friend uses RGB to make an aqua-green-blue colour which normally isn't available as a component colour or LED colour, so it needs to be made with a combination of RGB.

This is fine.

Doing this is not:

Image result for rgb pc

Looks just as bad as this:

Image result for colourful  old computer inside

RGB ^^^ Back when computers had multicolour PCBs.

Basically kids just need to grow up and settle on a well-designed colour scheme.

Or just use RGB properly and match it? Just an idea.

2 minutes ago, Chicken Man said:

Or just use RGB properly and match it? Just an idea.

So having a rainbow effect of constantly cycling colours??

You think that makes it look any better? lol

Spoiler

Just now, Enderman said:

So having a rainbow effect of constantly cycling colours??

You think that makes it look any better? lol

No just don't overdo it and have a decent match of colors with maybe a small effect on it. Not just turning on demo mode and calling it quits.

24 minutes ago, Thermosman said:

Can they stop using titles which don't describe anything about what the video is about please.

First it was the Lenovo X1 Carbon review, which the title was initially "Who are you trying to impress" the rest was added later.

Then the video about the Asus PG27UQ, which should have had a title that told you something about the monitor, either its specs, or name.

Then this video "It finally happened", maybe change it to "It finally happened - RGB PSU cables" or something similar.

I know that they are trying to do SEO, and I don't mind, for example when they included "Fortnite" in the aforementioned monitor video, however please don't allow this to make your titles completely unrelated, you can still do SEO while including the topic of the video.

Unfortunately we're kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place on that - we want to include more information in the titles of our videos, but when we do so we significantly limit the performance that we see on each video. Of course it's not all about views/money/whatever, but when you can effectively improve the performance of work you've done by up to 50% with a very small change that ends up being a minor annoyance, it's almost always the right decision to do so.

With this title we'll get between 160,000-180,000 views in the first hour. If we were to do as you suggested and include "RGB PSU Cables" after the "It Finally Happened..." we'd probably max out at 100,000-120,000 for that same timeframe.

We don't "like" using ambiguous titles, but they work. And as a business, it would be stupid to ignore that fact based on our own personal preferences. A good compromise from our perspective has been adding that addition information a few hours or a day after the video goes up as that helps optimize for search & makes the video more identifiable when looking through the entire catalog.

6 minutes ago, nicklmg said:

Unfortunately we're kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place on that - we want to include more information in the titles of our videos, but when we do so we significantly limit the performance that we see on each video. Of course it's not all about views/money/whatever, but when you can effectively improve the performance of work you've done by up to 50% with a very small change that ends up being a minor annoyance, it's almost always the right decision to do so.

With this title we'll get between 160,000-180,000 views in the first hour. If we were to do as you suggested and include "RGB PSU Cables" after the "It Finally Happened..." we'd probably max out at 100,000-120,000 for that same timeframe.

We don't "like" using ambiguous titles, but they work. And as a business, it would be stupid to ignore that fact based on our own personal preferences. A good compromise from our perspective has been adding that addition information a few hours or a day after the video goes up as that helps optimize for search & makes the video more identifiable when looking through the entire catalog.

Yeah, adding it after the initial rush would be better, especially when people want to search for a video in the future. Maybe one day YouTube will fix its algorithm...

CPU: Ryzen 1700@3.9ghz; GPU: EVGA 560 Ti 1gb; RAM: 16gb 2x8 Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000; PCPP: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/b3xzzM

Now I want to see RGB CPU lids, no reason why, just because I do, also RGB capacitors.

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

So at this point:

RGB.jpg.007e67c9b4206cf176ecdb5179e867c3.jpg

Since I am to lazy to put something interesting here, I will put everything, but slightly abbreviated. Here is everything:

also, some questions to make you wonder about life:

What is I and who is me? Who is you? Which armrest in the movie theatre is yours?

also,

Welcome to the internet, I will be your guide. Or something.

My build:

CPU: Intel Core i5-7400 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor,

Motherboard: ASRock B250M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard, 

Memory: Corsair 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory,

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive, 

Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 480 4GB ARMOR OC Video Card, 

Case: Corsair 100R ATX Mid Tower Case , 

Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply, 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Full, 

Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN725N USB 2.0 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter, Case Fan: Corsair Air Series White 2 pack 52.2 CFM  120mm Fan

ou do not ask why, you ask why not -me

Remeber kinds, the only differ between screwing around and scince is writing it down. -Adam Savage.

Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not even sure of the former. - Albert Einstein.

There had better be solid orange and black stuff by the time i get round to building one

57 minutes ago, Thermosman said:

Yeah, adding it after the initial rush would be better, especially when people want to search for a video in the future. Maybe one day YouTube will fix its algorithm...

We can dream.. xD 

2 minutes ago, IgorM said:

thoght it was going to be something like this:

rBVaHVVvuNqABAm5AAL0_Sz9NIg514.jpg

we wish

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

So let me get this straight, we're going to RGB the one cable that almost always is tucked behind the motherboard for cable management?

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

I'd buy one for my P4, because... See post above...

It still be nice imo only if you can have a solid colour or the ability to sync it with you other RGB lights. Imagine having a RGB cable pouring in one colour into the motherboard and having another colour pouring out of the other connectors from the board (like SATA) going towards their devices. It would be a nice Red/Blue combo imo.

Can you change your intro video animation to reflect all the RGB opportunities that are available? Thank you.