Iphone X is the best selling smartphone in the world!

Just now, mynameisjuan said:

Who the hell cares if its running an older version? The past few years have been fine tuning, no major updates as its already solid. 

What everyone forgets is that security updates still happen monthly. So yeah, even though not all have the latest and greatest features, at least any phone made in the last 3-4 years still has the features iOS is just getting today. 

Im sick of this being the only argument. 

Most android phones other than the pixel and a bunch of other top tier phones dont receive regular monthly security updates, and stop getting them altogether within 1-1.5 years. I speak from experience because I have owned a lot of mid range android phones.

Here is a good link. Read it.:https://9to5mac.com/2018/02/28/ios-versus-android-security/

Apple is head and shoulder above anyone else

3 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

*snip*

9 hours ago, avg123 said:

*snip*

It's alright if you don't agree with the decision, but quoting a mod about this won't change anything, as per the Community Standards, if there's a problem with moderation, contact an admin!

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

2 hours ago, mynameisjuan said:

Who the hell cares if its running an older version? The past few years have been fine tuning, no major updates as its already solid. 

What everyone forgets is that security updates still happen monthly. So yeah, even though not all have the latest and greatest features, at least any phone made in the last 3-4 years still has the features iOS is just getting today. 

Im sick of this being the only argument. 

first time i hear this argument.

I can come with 1k+ people bitching about not getting the latest android version and being stuck on android 5, 6 or 7.

So, a lot of people care about the latest version.

i don't. Maybe you don't. But there's definitely a chunck of people who want those updates and buy Pixel's for that reason.

1 hour ago, wkdpaul said:

It's alright if you don't agree with the decision, but quoting a mod about this won't change anything, as per the Community Standards, if there's a problem with moderation, contact an admin!

Oh no, please don't think I was disagreeing with anything, far from it.

I am confused why this topic was moved for being rumour when lots of topics are rumour and wondered if there had been a rule change, that's all :)

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

@Master Disaster ah ok, sorry for the misunderstanding!

There was no rule changes, but this seems to be from a biased source (I tried looking for other source and appart from a Chinese news site and another site that quotes that Chinese news, there's nothing about this out there), so the informations are behind a pay wall and seems there's only one source for this. It's presented as facts but it's completely unverifiable and only a tiny fraction of that "research" was shared.

When rumors are posted, they aren't presented as facts but rather as rumors, or at the very least when they are presented as possibly true, it's done with verifiable sources that anyone can lookup without having to pay for a membership. ;)

EDIT : BTW, not saying this is "fake news", it could very well be true, but since we can't have all the informations related to this, it's not going to be considered as New for now (not on this forum anyway). We treat other news threads the same way when they don't link to reliable sources (like people posting news with a Reddit thread as the source).

Edited by wkdpaul

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

19 hours ago, DrMacintosh said:

I mean I guess. I personally don't view Android as "proper" compared to iOS. 

It makes no difference! The apps are the same. The only difference perhaps is that some apps like Snapchat are so much better on iOS.

On 5/2/2018 at 11:51 PM, avg123 said:

This is the real source of the study.

Source:https://report.counterpointinsights.com/posts/report_view/Hit/658 

The I suggest you start with original source material to begin with, sketchy is sketchy and explaining up front decreases the chance of removal.

On 5/3/2018 at 5:51 AM, Master Disaster said:

So are we not allowed to post rumours in TN&R anymore?

We move rumors out a lot of the time.

As mentioned discussion of moderation is not done openly. Contact a Admin if you feel moderation was done incorrectly.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

woah 4:25 AM. You must have drunk a jar fall coffee dude.