Renowned game critic TotalBiscuit retires from YouTube after his cancer treatments stop working and his health rapidly deteriorates.

ItsMitch

What he needs now is spiritual comfort and support rather than medical ones. If he follows a religion, that would be easier but if he is an atheist, he will have to contemplate, come to peace, and appreciate the universe’s natural cycle of death and renewal.

In any case, he had a fulfilling life. He is a YouTube star and all.

Sudo make me a sandwich 

On 5/1/2018 at 5:42 PM, Teddy07 said:

wow.

I thought he won the battle against cancer but I don´t watch his videos anymore.

You don't win against Cancer with Chemotherapy. You always lose.

\\ QUIET AUDIO WORKSTATION //

5960X 3.7GHz @ 0.983V / ASUS X99-A USB3.1      

32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws 4 & 2667MHz @ 1.2V

AMD R9 Fury X

256GB SM961 + 1TB Samsung 850 Evo  

Cooler Master Silencio 652S (soon Calyos NSG S0 ^^)              

Noctua NH-D15 / 3x NF-S12A                 

Seasonic PRIME Titanium 750W        

Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum / Logitech G900

2x Samsung S24E650BW 16:10  / Adam A7X / Fractal Axe Fx 2 Mark I

Windows 7 Ultimate

4K GAMING/EMULATION RIG

Xeon X5670 4.2Ghz (200BCLK) @ ~1.38V / Asus P6X58D Premium

12GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz

Gainward GTX 1080 Golden Sample

Intel 535 Series 240 GB + San Disk SSD Plus 512GB

Corsair Crystal 570X

Noctua NH-S12 

Be Quiet Dark Rock 11 650W

Logitech K830

Xbox One Wireless Controller

Logitech Z623 Speakers/Subwoofer

Windows 10 Pro

Great, we’re going to lose Stefan Karl and John Bain

Not such a good time....

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

33 minutes ago, Vode said:

You don't win against Cancer with Chemotherapy. You always lose.

Are you sure? It kills cancer cells

Just now, Teddy07 said:

Weed is better because it can cure any kind of cancer and relief any possible pain related to it but only if you smoke it at 4:20 AM everyday for 30 days

/s

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

Can we keep this discussion on topic? Like, seriously. 

-Thread Cleaned-

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

14 minutes ago, Teddy07 said:

Chemotherapy kills regular cells more than it kills Cancer cells. It's the dumbest shit ever. Like trying to remove a dead Graphics card with a pressure washer. lol

Cancer cell can only feed on Carbohydrates, flaw in the Mitochondria, genetic mutation.

Otto Warburg got the Nobel price in 1931 for that discovery. Fasting or Ketogenic diet will cure/prevent Cancer. Somehow humanity forgot about that.

7 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Can we keep this discussion on topic? Like, seriously. 

-Thread Cleaned-

I hope my post is on topic enough. I just find it sad that TotalBiscuit is getting Chemotherapy treatment. Getting sick of people dying of Cancer when there is already scientifically sound cure that gets largely ignored by the medical industry.

AMD R9 Fury X

Windows 7 Ultimate

4K GAMING/EMULATION RIG

Corsair Crystal 570X

Noctua NH-S12 

Logitech K830

Windows 10 Pro

On 5/1/2018 at 11:47 AM, Reavantos said:

Colon cancer is one of the worst from a survivability standpoint, even when you catch it early. The fact he has outlived their projections by this margin shows how well he has been treated, and how strong he is. Being faced with your own mortality is a strange thing. Some people take it well, some don't, and there is no wrong approach. It's all in how you cope.

I wonder how much it also has to do with how he adjusted his diet/excersise/attitude/vitamin(minerals, etc.) in regards to his survivability.

I know of someone that had cancer and they combined chemo with a drastically different lifestyle even going so far as to do yoga daily and utilize odd dietary additives like adding in turmeric and various indian spices to their food and they're healthier than ever now.

I know it's not the same as colon cancer basically means a tickingclock butit's an interesting thought to me nonetheless.

4 hours ago, Notional said:

I honestly doubt he will be here next year. It must really suck for him and his family. I know of another british person who died of colon cancer at a very young age. I got to wonder if there is something specific in the UK that makes this type of cancer more common over there.

Either way, he was a very positive influence on the gaming industry. He isn't without flaws, but for the most part he wised up. It will be a big loss when he is not here anymore.

I think largely it has to do with diet and the environmental issues that pervade in the u.k. 

Certain people near irradiated places in Louisiana for instance stand a significantly higher risk of developing liver/kidney cancer than in say... denver

29 minutes ago, Vode said:

Chemotherapy kills regular cells more than it kills Cancer cells. It's the dumbest shit ever. Like trying to remove a dead Graphics card with a pressure washer. lol

Cancer cell can only feed on Carbohydrates, flaw in the Mitochondria, genetic mutation.

Otto Warburg got the Nobel price in 1931 for that discovery. Fasting or Ketogenic diet will cure/prevent Cancer. Somehow humanity forgot about that.

I hope my post is on topic enough. I just find it sad that TotalBiscuit is getting Chemotherapy treatment. Getting sick of people dying of Cancer when there is already scientifically sound cure that gets largely ignored by the medical industry.

Your posts kill people. Please stop the stupidity asap.

I don't know the person motivating this topic, but in the end it is a topic about a person being sick. Contaminating it with the pseudo-scientific bullshit of Dr. Internet seems needlessly offensive, in all honesty.

9 minutes ago, Selah said:

I think largely it has to do with diet and the environmental issues that pervade in the u.k. 

I'm not sure it is the case. I mean, it can seem high or low depending on what you compare it to:

http://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/cause-of-death/colon-rectum-cancers/by-country/

You also have to consider that the incidence of all types of cancer increases mechanically with the life expectancy of a country.

12 minutes ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

Your posts kill people. Please stop the stupidity asap

It's ok, people can just pull Web MD out of their ass and assume that they're a doctor and have actual knowledge on things...... 

/s

Pretty sure pharmaceutical has a cure for cancer already but why bother curing if it is more profitable to keep just extending cancer patients agonizing life so they will continue to purchase drugs? 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

17 minutes ago, wasab said:

Pretty sure pharmaceutical has a cure for cancer already but why bother curing if it is more profitable to keep just extending cancer patients agonizing life so they will continue to purchase drugs? 

You're sad. 

5 hours ago, VegetableStu said:
Spoiler

I think it's only fair I comment for you as well (since I told someone earlier before it got removed)

showing respects: yes. "Press F to Pay Respects":

Cy089x1l.jpg

more than

33KdSlg.png

in the end it's up to how the guy receives the message, but yeah I wouldn't use F personally for actual life and death matters

Yeah, as a Games Reviewer, I would hope he would get the light houhumor and respect. It would be the hardest F press ever, needing a new keyboard. In fact, I'm amazed no one has not got themselves a headstone yet with "F" on it.

Us gamers are strongest, when we take the mistakes in games (a game turning respect into a QTE), and make something actually good out of it (a meme of actually giving respect to each other!).

TotalBiscuit (Who is so amazing, I already have their name in my spellchecker!) did that, too reviews for games that were bad, and made them into talking points on how to make things better (as many others do, with varying  success, but he still contributed!).

1 hour ago, AshleyAshes said:

Ohhh... You're one of those people.

Off topic and not the time/place to discuss... but there are many ways to help the natural body... like exercise, not damaging it, sleep etc. Sadly, many people without the nuanced understanding that some things are not absolute, and may just help a tiny way, not "cure". :( Don't worry about them, they can learn and understand later that life is not so simple as just eating better (though it's still good advice! ).

(Eg: https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/04/170419093246.htm there are many chemicals in many things, some good some bad... but in reality, none of us really know it all, all the time... so we can just do *our* best, and not judge other people! :) )

1 hour ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

Your posts kill people. Please stop the stupidity asap.

I don't know the person motivating this topic, but in the end it is a topic about a person being sick. Contaminating it with the pseudo-scientific bullshit of Dr. Internet seems needlessly offensive, in all honesty.

Chemotherapy has the worst chance of success. It's the worst. The worst. Ever. Expensive, doesn't work, now that seems stupid to me... Has not worked for 70 years. Empirically proven to be ineffective.

I am passionate about health, it's a topic that really moves me and I liked to watch TotalBiscuit's content every now an then, sad to see him in this state. If my viewpoint offends you that is your problem.

Logic and science is king. It works. Understand human biology & metabolism (lot's of peer reviewed scientific studies out there on the topic) and actual the chemistry behind all of it. Fight the cause not the symptoms. Done. We need more education and research in different places.

Could go on but I won't stir up the hornet's nest further. Believe what you want to believe. PM me if you want a good debate although I ask you to spare me with worthless ad hominem attacks.

4 minutes ago, SC2Mitch said:

You're sad. 

1 hour ago, AshleyAshes said:

Ohhh... You're one of those people.

Peace out. :)

AMD R9 Fury X

Windows 7 Ultimate

4K GAMING/EMULATION RIG

Corsair Crystal 570X

Noctua NH-S12 

Logitech K830

Windows 10 Pro

-Thread locked-

Due to the amounts of reports coming from this thread and the cleaning that has to get done, this thread is now closed. Please keep your comments on-topic and in line with the Community Standards in the future.

• Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members.
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner.
  • "Don't be a dick" - Wil Wheaton.
  • "Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted.
  • Remember your audience; both present and future.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!