So that Linus vs Apple’s refusal to repair: post your picture/s

This started out as a starus update lols to some people encouraging me to do it. The mechanics is simple, go to an Apple Store/authorized Apple retailer and play Linus’ video about Apple’s refusal to repair their botched iMac Pro and take a picture and upload it in this thread just like what I did awhile ago. 

F863F0A7-D35E-42D7-8B48-49526CA1A1D9.thumb.jpeg.4aea62b1fd90fde214309735b428f10f.jpegAB0FD09C-913B-4F60-AEC1-39BFFA6A82DD.thumb.jpeg.78c8d9eaeacf22aba5992ff0a47f29b6.jpeg

And before any of you would say what are you trying to prove or are trying to change anything, I don’t. I’m not expecting anything to change in Apple’s policies. This is just for the lols. 

I was attempting to do it with the iMac 5k in display but it would be too obvious so I did it with an iPhone X and a MacBook Pro. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

That is a waste of my time for a rich man like Linus.

He has loads and loads of cash.

I believe this whole episode he has got going on is just Fake News. Gotta have drama in the LTT community.

4 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

I believe this whole episode he has got going on is just Fake News. Gotta have drama in the LTT community.

that is some serious accusation there, do you think they did it on purpose?

1 minute ago, asus killer said:

that is some serious accusation there, do you think they did it on purpose?

Makes for a good video dont it, can put video's on hold for a bit.

Just now, Canada EH said:

speaking just as a greedy bastard wanting views and free publicity it would indeed be a good move. If it come out as a scam video it would be really bad and it could, a disgruntled employee.

The 1st time i saw the video that Anthony guy seemed to hold the monitor in a very clumsy way, but hey fat hands i guess lol

because that's a good way to make Linus look good...people don't understand that when a fanbase does shit like this, it can actually hurt the reputation of the creator, you might think you're helping, but it's not going to make Apple change their mind. 

the people that will be going into the apple store and will see this are

1. not going to know who Linus is
  2. wont care
  3. doesn't know the situation
  4. won't watch the video
  5. wont care

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

22 minutes ago, asus killer said:

speaking just as a greedy bastard wanting views and free publicity it would indeed be a good move. If it come out as a scam video it would be really bad and it could, a disgruntled employee.

The 1st time i saw the video that Anthony guy seemed to hold the monitor in a very clumsy way, but hey fat hands i guess lol

Anthony's the man don't diss

Would have been great if you could have had that playing on all the TV's in a electronic store at once. would like to see dat

Some people prefer a challenge, I just band my head against a wall until my method works...

5 hours ago, captain_to_fire said:

This is just for the lols. 

If Linus was looking for you to be part of some 'Personal Army Of Fanboy Children' of his, I think he would have put that call out more directly.

26 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

If Linus was looking for you to be part of some 'Personal Army Of Fanboy Children' of his, I think he would have put that call out more directly.

Even if he was looking for one I’m not interested because I’m not looking forward for a demotion nor a pay cut ?

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

5 hours ago, Sierra Fox said:

because that's a good way to make Linus look good...people don't understand that when a fanbase does shit like this, it can actually hurt the reputation of the creator, you might think you're helping, but it's not going to make Apple change their mind. 

2. wont care
  4. won't watch the video
  5. wont care

that's not the point, they could be doing it to get free publicity. As it did, lot's of publications actually shared Linus video for free.

9 hours ago, Canada EH said:

Trust me the richer you are the more likely you will try not to break things... It's called greed. Not saying Linus is greedy, but he sure has better priorities than to blow several grand on videos that might only bring in a few hundred ea in ads plus sponsors who actually might leave because apple pressures them to do so or don't want to be affiliated with such a thing...

So I would say they broke it by accident.

8 hours ago, Sierra Fox said:

2. wont care
  4. won't watch the video
  5. wont care

I love your points, and how wrong they are... People who go into a Apple store are:

1. looking but not planning on buying, so a video like this won't do anthing
  2. looking and likely will go out of the video w/o knowing
  3. are big ass fanboys and will simply ignore it.

We all saw the Apple fanboy outcry at Linus, so... Please don't give them that much credit.

57 minutes ago, Keith W said:

Is anyone else wondering how many more threads are we going to have about the same subject?

Until there is enough!

Spoiler

So i hope no more threads.

11 hours ago, captain_to_fire said:

F863F0A7-D35E-42D7-8B48-49526CA1A1D9.thumb.jpeg.4aea62b1fd90fde214309735b428f10f.jpeg

Well I wanted to make a joke with my p20 pro and the notch but seems it's a failure due to the superiority of EMUI covering the notch in most applications.

IMG_20180424_191517.thumb.jpg.a4dd172db6511e46c39bea1201898feb.jpgIMG_20180424_191455.thumb.jpg.a57c87bba85821dcbcedb3d791004977.jpg

tried with different browsers and in all cases it just covers the notch :(

edit: there's an apple store next to my place but not gonna bother entering their store, waste of time for me:P