Apple REFUSED to Fix our iMac Pro

I work for a 3rd party apple service depo typically parts come in within 2 days and the only time that we do not complete a repair if a customer offers to pay for the components is if the body is soaked because that would be a full rebuild and cost more than a replacement unit and if i recall the iMac pro is the same repair path as an iMac I would check with your local 3rd party repair shops. If they don't have someone trained at the moment see if they have a technician who is willing to get certified as the training typically takes about a week.

1 hour ago, TKoudas said:

Louis Rossman that thing!

Came here to say that, they've worked with him once before, he might have some ideas

Email Tom Cook. I’ve done this in the past and they will hook you up with someone higher up in the chain. Don’t take no for an answer. These people are dedicated I’ve had them look into production plans changing over the production of an item because I thought my AirPods were not as loud as my friends pair. Just email. 

So, I do work for apple.... as a genius. Aaaand i am certified to repair the imac pro. I already did a repair. But I am not in the us so good luck with finding one. Maybe the head store in cupertino can do it? ?‍♂️

Sounds kinds stupid but try contacting this guy over here

https://strangeparts.com/

That guy build his own iPhone from scratch - bought the parts directly from the market. So maybe and that's one big MAYBE he could help you out in some kind of way with parts etc.

Good luck getting it fixed

Apple Support senior advisor here (for Europe, but still).

I would strongly suggest calling Apple instead of using the chat support, which is as useful as an ashtray on a bike. 

Call them, ask for a Senior Advisor, see if you can get him to tell you what the store wrote down (we can see what notes the store made about the case and most phone advisors hate the Genius' guts and don't mind telling you) and have the store confirm everything on call too. You can also ask for the case to be seen thoroughly and maybe even have them contact Apple Engineering for another type of response.

If you're polite to the phone advisor, it goes a long way as they'll be more willing to help you. (and most advisors disagree with most of Apple's repair policies too).

However, emailing Tim Cook or Phil Schiller or any Apple executive and your case will go straight through to the highest possible team and they almost always are able to find a solution or at the very least investigate thoroughly.

One more thing, you can also request the case notes and/or call recordings so you can also see what was written down.

As someone who is an Apple Certified Mac Technician for an Apple Authorized Service provider, I find this humorous. Not because of your situation, but because I hear Apple's incompetence from their stores literally *every day*.

At first, what was likely in January, was that service parts for the iMac Pro weren't available yet. Since then, they are are now. Then, there is a certification for each machine that every technician should have gone through in order to get parts for that machine. At the shop I work for in San Diego, we would be able to get the parts and replace them. We have done display replacements in the past couple months for iMac Pros. If you'd like to get in contact with me for more help on this, I'd be happy to help.

Sorry you've fallen victim to a rotten Apple, and that their store support is so abysmal. I'm not shocked, I'm just ashamed for them. It's so bad out here, that local Apple stores refer clients to us for most repairs these days (even ones we cannot perform like iOS devices), and our clients swear by us.

I am in Tampa, Florida.  We cracked our Apple Imac Pro 2017 Lcd screen.  It cost us $400 to repair.  How?  We bought the LCD assembly off of EBAY, the adhesive kit off of IFIXIT and then sent it to one of our local Apple guys to install the replacement parts.  

2 hours ago, GabenJr said:

WE broke our iMac Pro... But then we tried to PAY Apple to repair it. They REFUSED. Come with us on a journey of frustration...

Buy(?) an iMac Pro on Amazon: http://geni.us/eSNg9q

Don’t you have customer laws in Canada that force the manufacturer to give you a refund/replacement?

WE broke our iMac Pro... But then we tried to PAY Apple to repair it. They REFUSED. Come with us on a journey of frustration...

Have you tried rice

Does this 5K screen have the same connections as the standard 27"? You could just buy a 27" screen from the standard iMac off eBay if so.

You might be able to cannibalise a screen from a cheaper 27” iMac but knowing Apple they have probably changed a connector or a paint to that it won’t fit together or won’t look the same if it does .

Replacement 27" LCD Front Glass With LED LCD Screen IPS Retina 5K Display For Apple iMac A1419 LM270QQ1 SDB1 SD B1 MK462LL/A, MK482LL/A EMC: 2834 Year: Late 2015 "Includes Complimentary Lite-am® Branded High Quality Screen Cloth FREE" https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01I9ONND4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_sfM1Ab9R17YV4

Hey Linus, I work for a big AASP an if you still need help, I might be able to geht your iMac Pro fixed :) If it is urgent, we offer fast UPS delivery and are always happy to assist.

BTW, what exactly is broken?  The video was not very clear on that other than the external glass....

1 minute ago, ibanezbass said:

Does this 5K screen have the same connections as the standard 27"? You could just buy a 27" screen from the standard iMac off eBay if so.

It does not.

Call Steve Jobs, he'll fix it.

Wait, he's dead?

oh .. well I'd say GL & HF LMG Staff!

When the PC is acting up haunted,

who ya gonna call?
"Monotone voice" : A local computer store.

*Terrible joke I know*

@Linus Media Group,

I signed up for this forum specifically to help. I do graphic design for a company who has a ACT. I talked to him and he told me to get in touch with you. I don't know how I would do that, so I thought I would message here.

MOD EDIT: Personal info removed. 

Edited by TheRandomness

Linus I work at company in China that provides third party repair shops with parts and schematics for repairing Apple products. I can ship you the parts you need free of charge if you make a video called "Chinese third party repair service fixes what Apple can't." Reply if interested.

I work at an Apple Store in Germany, I could ask some of the guys that do the repairs if there's any way to get the needed part if that help 

So I showed this to my fiance who was loyal with Apple for years (and Microsoft shooting themselves in the foot with Win10, she might just return to them) and her first thought was "get legal advice involved, how can this be even legal?"  Granted we live in the States, where you can't even void the warranty with a sticker notice, but this sounds too shady to not have some sort of legal action involved.

I work on Macs (All forms) and I usually get all of my parts from eBay or there is a vendor that I dealt with that got me my parts for an iMac I was working on for a customer.

What model of the iMac is it and I can check around on it.

Jacob