Apple REFUSED to Fix our iMac Pro

It has the SAME display as the 2017 27 inch imac, which is also the same display as the late 2014/15 imac 27 inch (to the best of my knowledge). Then, go to ifixit.com and click repair guides, then mac, desktop, iMac, iMac intel, iMac intel 27 inch until you find the 2014/15 version. They don't sell a screen, but you can probably use their guide and then use any 5k iMac display, because it is more than likely the same display as your iMac pro. 

44 minutes ago, GodslayerPRO said:

Actually aren’t the iMac pro and the 5K iMac sharing the same display I guess you can retro fit it .

You can't.  The flex cables are completely different.  Anyone who says other wise is an idiot and shouldn't be a working as an Apple Technician. 

I own an Apple Premium Service Provider. We have the certifications for the iMac Pro, and I’m certain that we can get the parts. Get in touch if you want this fixed. 

This is really funny because I stay in California next to their HQ, and when my mac broke down, the HQ said they didn't have the "skill to fix" it. However, they gave me a new iMac at the estimated cost of repairs, so that was pretty nice. 

9 hours ago, GabenJr said:

WE broke our iMac Pro... But then we tried to PAY Apple to repair it. They REFUSED. Come with us on a journey of frustration...

Buy(?) an iMac Pro on Amazon: http://geni.us/eSNg9q

Shoot I’m not (Apple certified) but I’m  ( certified from ICracked )certified to fix screens for phones,tablets and other equipment.  I could help out I know how to get the parts you need just shoot me the make and model # and I could look it up.

9 minutes ago, Kittens 88 said:

It has the SAME display as the 2017 27 inch imac, which is also the same display as the late 2014/15 imac 27 inch (to the best of my knowledge). Then, go to ifixit.com and click repair guides, then mac, desktop, iMac, iMac intel, iMac intel 27 inch until you find the 2014/15 version. They don't sell a screen, but you can probably use their guide and then use any 5k iMac display, because it is more than likely the same display as your iMac pro. 

Man people need to stop posting wrong information on here.  A 27in 5k iMac display WILL NOT FIT!!!  I repeat WILL NOT FIT!  Due to cabling arrangement and the webcam hardware being moved into a different spot.  

See attached photo from iFixit teardown of the 5k iMac! 

Do some research before you post thinking ya know the answer to everything and anything.  

Giving bad tech advice just sets the OP back especially if they take you advice to heart and try what you recommended. 

Screen Shot 2018-04-17 at 11.06.46 PM.png

WE broke our iMac Pro... But then we tried to PAY Apple to repair it. They REFUSED. Come with us on a journey of frustration...

Surface pulled something just like this on me! This sort of thing is ridiculous and an injustice. Glad Linus is calling it out. It's time these companies learn that this is unacceptable!

Now the account worked :) I can get the parts i have emailed you

Is rhe 5k screen of iMac compatible with the iMac pro? If yes, how about ordering a 5k screen for iMac and replacing it with the broken one on the iMac pro?

10 hours ago, GabenJr said:

Raid all of their social media platform.

I work with certified Apple pros and as far as I know we are able to fix that thing. Only problem we’re in Germany.

37 minutes ago, Jetfire_14 said:

Is rhe 5k screen of iMac compatible with the iMac pro? If yes, how about ordering a 5k screen for iMac and replacing it with the broken one on the iMac pro?

Screens are different, therefore not compatible 

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

Just a suggestion! 

Best Buy repairs Apple products. Depending on locations, some of them are "Apple Certified" and can repair the products in store, whereas others can still fix the products but will need to be sent to an "Geek Squad City." At GSC, a technician will then repair the part. 

If apple doesn't have a replacement parts, Then why did they released the iMac pro. That's why i kinda hate Apple products.

If he doesn't get a replacement display then he should use a 5k LG external monitor. I'm feeling so bad for the iMac pro. ???

PC users should never buy a iMac pro for just show off because it is too expensive and Mac products are used by professionals. So better you buy a PC worth $5000 which would beat a iMac pro

I work at an computer repair shop and I just recently did an repair on an I mac 27in, Its not hard to get the parts to repair the screen, but an issue we had was that the adhesive that holds the screen in, its hard to replace that and we ran into a huge issue that the adhesive is not strong enough to hold. After the computer was repaired, the screen then fell off just hours later. I am wondering if apple has to use a special machine to machine fit it. This may be why apple does not do in shop repairs. Currently I am working on a way to do an at home / at shop repair system. 

TIP: Please don't support Apple anymore... I have disagreed with their practices for years and this tops the cake. If someone as large as LTT stops reviewing and supporting Apple then I would hope the LTT community would as well. It's a terrible company. 

P.S. Sorry for ragging on the thread, but it can't be helped...

Edit: I'm a Linux user and undertake hardships from Microsoft owning the gaming market and Mac from running the show from a programmers perspective. But, in the case of companies not being able to take care of their own product, it only hardens my discomfort when using them. These large companies must understand that when a user puts their trust in them, they either step up or lose their right to be the 'in favor' resource.

Edited by brnelsons
Forgot something.

Can anyone tell me if they fixed it yet? I have already sent a message to this gaben guy but no response at all. We have all the required parts available (AASP) and are willing to find a quick fix for Linus' issue. At least let us know if it is fixed. Thanks...

Hey, 

Let me check with some of our local and oversea suppliers to see if we can get the part for you. 

We are local here in Richmond, BC so no need to go far. 

Will keep you updated once I hear back =)

11 hours ago, GabenJr said:

Talk to MKBHD, he might be knowing someone in Apple

How about you share this story to all the major apple and tech YouTube channels and create a social media shit storm. They must cave in then from the bad publicity. 

I've seen the suggestion a few times already. Avoid chat support for this repair. Chat is great, but not for something this complex. Call, provided your case number, ask to be transferred to a Senior Advisor, and see what options they have.

I have an Idea, 
what about you make a something like a watermark in your future videos as reminder, or expressing your frustration regarding your i mac Pro(blem) :P
and remove when you get it fixed. 

Regards, 

Raad. 

305d39_29a3bb22389547ebb1a8b77e6daef659.png

12 hours ago, Nicnac said:

Linus is so triggered xD

Edit: After watching the whole video it is relatable though...

Video almost makes it seem like Apple's thought was this "You didn't put this iMac in some gold plated secured cabinet to oggle at; you actually wanted to use it. What fresh hell is this?!"

In fairness though for a company to not provide support for a product that has been officially released is stupid, you should log a formal complaint against Apple if you haven't done so already