Apple REFUSED to Fix our iMac Pro

I have an idea, why don’t you contact a factory that produces these and request to buy one, or you can build your own, it would be a fun project and you could have a screen on it you like more

I work at an Apple Repair Center, definitely going to need an S/N to look parts up in GSX. I can for certain tell you whether or not FRU's are shippable and whether the apple approved repair guide is available. 

First of all, Apple had great innovation. But this sucks major balls. 

I would pull a DIY repair video. You know it is a 27' 5k display, so get it out of the LG monitor and make it fit hey.

I don't know if it is a option but go to another Apple store. Or just get another broken one. Use those parts and biperdibaperdyboop, Imac fixed. Cause if Apple is like this to more People, those people are going to sell their Imacs. 

Just go to huaqiangbei, shenzhen and search for help.

someone there can fix it, for sure.:P

Use an iMac 27" screen should have the same connection it's also a 5k display from apple. I think it's the same housing you'll just have a silver front and a black back.

2 hours ago, Artydp623 said:

HI,

I have worked with high end Macs for a long time but have finally come to the end of my endurance with Apple. I work as a professional independent video editor (would have applied for job at LMG but I'm across the pond from you!!). As a final cut editor I have always used Apple computers for my work. Recently I have had several bad experiences with both Macs and  the Apple support system. I imported an IMAC PRO from the Apple Europe website (better prices), with confidence after receiving conformation that it would work fine in the UK. It worked flawlessly for the first 2.5/3 months, however last week it shut down mid-render. I took it to my closest Apple shop and they said that I had voided the warranty by using a surge protector with my Mac. I don't understand how this could possibly void the warranty but anyway, they now refuse to do anything about it at all, not even LOOK at it!!! Sound familiar??

My proposal is this:

I am completely done with Apple and this IMAC Pro. I've already talked to friends and I've been hooked up with a powerful windows based machine to continue my work on. So.... Do you want my IMAC? I'm really frustrated with apple and so understand your position, if you can give me a P.O box or postage address I will package it up and send it over. I understand it is almost certainly worth something to someone, but I've been a fan for a long time and I feel this is a good way for me to say thank-you for all the things you have done to help me in the past!!

Yours sincerely,

Arthur

P.S. Can I get a keep on digging shirt (size medium) in return?? Thanks x

Text them, or tag them.

Hey, Linus, I can help I know it says I'm a newbie but I'm way farther than you think.You can try buying a new iMac pro case and the screen But I need the model if you can do that I can help. (it's also good because you can buy a custom iMac case)

When you guys should do is Hack it. Add HDMI straight into it so that way you guys can use your Ultra 4K HD monitors with the crapple.

Just now, Sam n. said:

When you guys should do is Hack it. Add HDMI straight into it so that way you guys can use your Ultra 4K HD monitors with the crapple.

They need parts for the board inside it too, not just the display.

What is the part number? does anybody know?

Hey hey,

I work for a AASP on Vancouver Island. I'd be happy to look into this for you. I personally am iMac Pro certified. My store has not ordered parts for iMac Pro's, but I dont see why we wouldn't be able to order parts and repair it for you. Shoot me an email: marc{at}ultimactechnologies.ca, 

Hello, my name is Adam and I work for Apple Campus out of Cupertino, CA 95014. The reason behind the decision by “Corporate”, to refuse service is because of every reason you gave in the provided video link above. They have the parts made to each build which unfortunately means that there is no quantity of just the “Screens” themselves in our Apple stores or authorized retailer. From many of us at the Apple Campus, we understand the frustration completely because even we disagree with the way everything was planned out.

How do i join all the fun? I work at a AASP   We definitely need th SN to get any parts. I have personally fixed a couple of imac pro’s with MLB issues . There is alot of hassle to get the damn thing up and running. Reach out to me if you need help. Im in California. 

4 hours ago, RedZephon said:

Why are the refusing to repair it? seems like a lack of information.

Are they refusing because you took it apart and you're a public figure so they are giving you guys the middle finger? Or is it because they legitimately dont have the parts. The logic boards on macs are serial locked and theres no way for an user to swap them out without an apple program to assign the new serial number. If apple doesnt have the parts to repair it, they should offer a similar cost to swap it out, similar to what they did with the 2012 MacBook pro last year when they ran out of top case assemblies with batteries and decided to replace whole machines for the same cost as the battery.

I work at Apple in a retail store and was a Genius for a long time. I can look up the notes from your case and see if I have some suggestions but I would need the serial number. Also the post above is absolutely right. If for some reason they can’t fix it they should offer an option to replace it. Having worked at Apple for 6 years they are not opposed to covering costs to appease customers. Even in rediculous cases, which this isn’t.

Your best bet is to visit a retail store (not online support) and explain the situation to a manager. If that fails then call customer relations. I always hated when people called customer relations because they would call just to get something for free but in this case it would be warranted. 

You can contact me on discord as well if you would like more details but honestly it looks like you just had a bad crew at the store you visited and some incompetent online support staff ( it happens, there are a lot of them). 

Hope you get it resolved! 

Cody

discord: Achilles Bane#2901

I would email Tim Cook or Phil Schiller, you also could email Craig Federighi as he’s more responsive, although that’s not his department

also, here’s customer relation’s email: ac_customer_relations@apple.com

The bad apple excuse - oh - and we have to know who you are by name too... just like most of the other apple rep here.

1 hour ago, TomMoulard said:

Hi Linus Tech Media Group,

I work at an APR (Apple Premium Reseller) in the UK and thought i could weight in with some knowledge for you.

It is possible that due to the nature of your repair, apple can refuse to fix your machine. Just like they would refuse to change the battery in an iPhone if it has had a third party battery put in previously, your machine has been opened up and for an iMac, this technically isn't meant to be done by anyone who isn't an authorised apple trained technician. This could be why they are being funny about repairing it.

As they mentioned to you, if you were to go to an APR or any third-party apple shop in Canada which does authorised apple repairs, they could order the parts for you and do the repair at their discretion. Having witnessed first hand these kinds of experiences i also know that it is difficult for apple stores or APRs to order more than one component for a machine as this is a rare assurance and so apple do tend to question why this is being done.

I hope this helps.

It was stated in the video that the APR pro cert which isnt apparently out yet and thats the problem. The other issue is that this could actually fall under consumer protection in canada which covers the right of fair repair or right to repair where the parts for the item must be accessable to the public and manuals must be made available so the user can make the repair if they wish. I would suggest talking to consumer protections about this matter as they maybe forced to supply you the part in this case.

Wow, this thread is quite calming compared to the YouTube comments... Probably the most toxic comment section I've seen in a while.

I'd say bring the iMac to a retail store... They always try to help there.

When I brought my 200$ AIAIAI headphones there because they broke and wanted my money back, they immediately did so.