Moderators Anniversary On The Forum

ErykYT3
35 minutes ago, sub68 said:

I thought ltt meme and motf was pulled together.

Please not, last I checked that thread was a dumpster fire.

even more so than this thread.

† 

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
    That mark our place; and in the sky
    The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
    Loved and were loved, and now we lie,
        In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
    The torch; be yours to hold it high.
    If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
        In Flanders fields.

Cry havoc and let slip the Togs of war.  (Signature V3)

If you want me to reply, tag me @Tog Driver, Or quote me.

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
‭‭II Corinthians‬ ‭13:14

6 hours ago, Caroline said:

Yeah but we get the bad ending

What's a good ending?

Steve jobs had all the money and I don't think he has a good end

McAfee too

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

1 hour ago, Moonzy said:

What's a good ending?

Steve jobs had all the money and I don't think he has a good end

McAfee too

I think poor "bad" ending is dying/living in a rat and bug invested dumpster. the rich "good" ending is living in houses/mansions/condos/apartments that someone cleans for you?

† 

In Flanders fields.

In Flanders fields.

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.

1 minute ago, Tog Driver said:

I think poor "bad" ending is dying/living in a rat and bug invested dumpster. the rich "good" ending is living in houses/mansions/condos/apartments that someone cleans for you?

My goal for being rich isn't to own a big house or a nice car, it's just to own enough computers that I don't have to spend 4 hours uninstalling the Quadro drivers, installing the AMD drivers, testing the card, then taking it out and reinstalling the Quadro drivers every time I have to benchmark an AMD/ATI card.

11 minutes ago, Tog Driver said:

the rich "good" ending is living in houses/mansions/condos/apartments that someone cleans for you?

everyone has their own problems

24 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

everyone has their own problems

Yes.

I heard on a youtube video "mo' money mo' problems."

of course, those problems probably wouldn't involve starving.

† 

In Flanders fields.

In Flanders fields.

2 hours ago, Mel0nMan said:

Surprised nothing has been posted here for nearly a day

Just had to go and ruin it, didn't you?

† 

In Flanders fields.

In Flanders fields.

23 hours ago, Mel0nMan said:

My goal for being rich isn't to own a big house or a nice car, it's just to own enough computers that I don't have to spend 4 hours uninstalling the Quadro drivers, installing the AMD drivers, testing the card, then taking it out and reinstalling the Quadro drivers every time I have to benchmark an AMD/ATI card.

**searches Taskrabbit for GPU benchmarkers**

It's entirely possible that I misinterpreted/misread your topic and/or question. This happens more often than I care to admit. Apologies in advance.

珠江 (Pearl River): CPU: Intel i7-12700K (8p4e/20t); Motherboard: ASUS TUF Gaming Plus Z690 WiFi; RAM: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 @3200MHz CL16; Cooling Solution: NZXT Kraken Z53 240mm AIO, w/ 2x Lian Li ST120 RGB Fans; GPU: EVGA Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 10GB FTW3 Ultra; Storage: Samsung 980 Pro, 1TB; Samsung 970 EVO, 1TB; Crucial MX500, 2TB; PSU: Corsair RM850x; Case: Lian Li Lancool II Mesh RGB, Black; Display(s): Primary: ASUS ROG Swift PG279QM (1440p 27" 240 Hz); Secondary: Acer Predator XB1 XB241H bmipr (1080p 24" 144 Hz, 165 Hz OC); Case Fans: 1x Lian Li ST120 RGB Fan, 3x stock RGB fans; Capture Card: Elgato HD60 Pro

翻生 (Resurrection): CPU: 2x Intel Xeon E5-2620 v2; Motherboard: ASUS Z9PR-D12 (C602 chipset) SSI-EEB; RAM: Crucial 32GB (8x4GB) DDR3 ECC RAM; Cooling Solution: 2x Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; GPU: ASRock Intel ARC A380 Challenger ITX; StorageCrucial MX500, 500GB; PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750W; Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro; Expansion Card: TP-Link Archer T4E AC1200 PCIe Wi-Fi Adapter Display(s): Dell P2214HB (1080p 22" 60 Hz)

壯麗 (Glorious): Mainboard: Framework Mainboard w/ Intel Core i5-1135G7; RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 SODIMM @3200MHz CL22; eGPU: Razer Core X eGPU Enclosure w/ (between GPUs at the moment); Storage: Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 1TB; Display(s): Internal Display: Framework Display; External Display: Acer (unknown model) (1080p, 21" 75 Hz)

Since there's quite a few of you that are still in school and universities

As cliche as it sounds, please do enjoy that period of your time, adulthood sucks for so many reasons

Though I guess in hindsight 10 years later, I'll probably look back and this period would probably be better than my next 10 years lul

37 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

Since there's quite a few of you that are still in school same universities

As cliche as it sounds, please do enjoy that period of your time, adulthood sucks for so many reasons

Though I guess in hindsight 10 years later, I'll probably look back and this period would probably be better than my next 10 years lul

Indeed, unless someone was in a really bad situation that they get out of, I think the past will always look better than the future.

I constantly think about how much better things used to be, and then realize in a little while I'll be thinking now is better than the what is to come.

† 

In Flanders fields.

In Flanders fields.

1 hour ago, Moonzy said:

Since there's quite a few of you that are still in school and universities

High school sucked.

Undergrad sucked.

Grad school more or less sucks.

I've accepted that life is probably just gonna suck. But there's always the chance that being out of school will give you opportunities that will make your life not suck.

Just, no matter what stage of life you're in, find reasons and ways for it to not suck as bad, or at least come to terms with your situation. That's the best you can do sometimes. Maybe you'll find that school sucked for you because you needed to be out of it to actually peak. Maybe you really did peak in high school. But looking back on things and lamenting about the fact that things are bad now is rarely gonna help things. What matters is trying to live your best life. Emphasis on trying.

Hell, one of the few reasons I look forward to the future is the fact that I have a girlfriend who I love very much, and loves me very much. That, plus my hobbies, is probably the only reason I work as hard as I do for my future. Whatever that looks like for you, find it, and follow it.

(none of this is directed at you, but it's just more general musings from what I've experienced)

It's entirely possible that I misinterpreted/misread your topic and/or question. This happens more often than I care to admit. Apologies in advance.

珠江 (Pearl River): CPU: Intel i7-12700K (8p4e/20t); Motherboard: ASUS TUF Gaming Plus Z690 WiFi; RAM: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 @3200MHz CL16; Cooling Solution: NZXT Kraken Z53 240mm AIO, w/ 2x Lian Li ST120 RGB Fans; GPU: EVGA Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 10GB FTW3 Ultra; Storage: Samsung 980 Pro, 1TB; Samsung 970 EVO, 1TB; Crucial MX500, 2TB; PSU: Corsair RM850x; Case: Lian Li Lancool II Mesh RGB, Black; Display(s): Primary: ASUS ROG Swift PG279QM (1440p 27" 240 Hz); Secondary: Acer Predator XB1 XB241H bmipr (1080p 24" 144 Hz, 165 Hz OC); Case Fans: 1x Lian Li ST120 RGB Fan, 3x stock RGB fans; Capture Card: Elgato HD60 Pro

翻生 (Resurrection): CPU: 2x Intel Xeon E5-2620 v2; Motherboard: ASUS Z9PR-D12 (C602 chipset) SSI-EEB; RAM: Crucial 32GB (8x4GB) DDR3 ECC RAM; Cooling Solution: 2x Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; GPU: ASRock Intel ARC A380 Challenger ITX; StorageCrucial MX500, 500GB; PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750W; Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro; Expansion Card: TP-Link Archer T4E AC1200 PCIe Wi-Fi Adapter Display(s): Dell P2214HB (1080p 22" 60 Hz)

壯麗 (Glorious): Mainboard: Framework Mainboard w/ Intel Core i5-1135G7; RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 SODIMM @3200MHz CL22; eGPU: Razer Core X eGPU Enclosure w/ (between GPUs at the moment); Storage: Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 1TB; Display(s): Internal Display: Framework Display; External Display: Acer (unknown model) (1080p, 21" 75 Hz)

29 minutes ago, CT854 said:

Spoiler

High school sucked.

Undergrad sucked.

I've accepted that life is probably just gonna suck. But there's always the chance that being out of school will give you opportunities that will make your life not suck.

Just, no matter what stage of life you're in, find reasons and ways for it to not suck as bad, or at least come to terms with your situation. That's the best you can do sometimes. Maybe you'll find that school sucked for you because you needed to be out of it to actually peak. Maybe you really did peak in high school. But looking back on things and lamenting about the fact that things are bad now is rarely gonna help things. What matters is trying to live your best life. Emphasis on trying.

Hell, one of the few reasons I look forward to the future is the fact that I have a girlfriend who I love very much, and loves me very much. That, plus my hobbies, is probably the only reason I work as hard as I do for my future. Whatever that looks like for you, find it, and follow it.

(none of this is directed at you, but it's just more general musings from what I've experienced)

I'm glad the future is looking bright for you.

But, unfortunately I'm having more than a little trouble seeing a bright future.

† 

In Flanders fields.

In Flanders fields.

36 minutes ago, Tog Driver said:

I'm glad the future is looking bright for you.

But, unfortunately I'm having more than a little trouble seeing a bright future.

Yeah, I get that. I'm sorry to hear that, and it sucks. Sometimes all you can do is keep going. Shit's not easy no matter how you slice it.

5 hours ago, CT854 said:

High school sucked.

Undergrad sucked.

Couldn't agree more.

I'm in college for you non-british folk and I look back on my high school years with admiration as there was so much less to worry about, we don't know that we're in the good old days until we've left them.

Don't get me wrong, there were certainly times when it did not feel like I was in the good old days but recently I've been having vastly more existential thoughts and the future both excites and terrifies me, It was fun getting home from school and playing Overwatch with my friends without a care in the world. It's why I try to put my phone down most of the time I'm outside or with people to make the most out of those experiences, try to enjoy them because thinking your life peaked in the past will only take away from the present. Let things be as they are, you can only make better choices now to build a better future. For the longest time I let my past distract me from building a better future for myself that I was given the opportunity to do after moving to the UK.

I would say that the past is nostalgic to me because the world felt bigger, think I speak for most of us when I say we might have cherished things more or perhaps those of us less fortunate growing up, going on that holiday would be the highlight of your year or mum buying you that game or gaming headset would send you over the moon. Find that admiration again and bring It out and I promise your outlook on life will change for the better. 

I used to cringe when people would say to find a hobby to occupy your time and do something you enjoy, It seemed so futile given the complexity of life itself and the sometimes meaningless grind we find ourselves on but now I get it. Going to the gym and working out is like a driving force in me right now pushing me to be better and it affects every aspect: confidence, physical health, mental health. Find things to look forward to but also take time to appreciate what you currently have, carpe diem.

On 6/19/2021 at 6:44 PM, Energycore said:

I thought I was the only one who edits their posts right after I post them xD

Nope, I do it all the time. Because I always see that last typo or want to continue that thought.

Edited by Wh0_Am_1

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

On 6/26/2021 at 1:58 PM, Benji said:

Wow! He really... ballooned up.

On 6/26/2021 at 2:59 PM, Beerzerker said:

Time for Weight Watchers?

TVwazsad.gif.613840ad325a0f050789c53c71675529.gif

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU AMD R7 7800X3D    Motherboard Asrock B650E Taichi Lite    RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 5200mhz    GPU ASUS RTX4080 STRIX 

Case Fractal Torrent   Storage Samsung 980Pro 2TB, Crucial P3 Plus 4TB x2,     PSU Corsair RM1000x    Cooling Deepcool AK620

Here's my favorite moderator meme:

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU AMD R7 7800X3D    Motherboard Asrock B650E Taichi Lite    RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 5200mhz    GPU ASUS RTX4080 STRIX 

Case Fractal Torrent   Storage Samsung 980Pro 2TB, Crucial P3 Plus 4TB x2,     PSU Corsair RM1000x    Cooling Deepcool AK620

On 6/28/2021 at 8:52 PM, TVwazhere said:

Here's my favorite moderator meme:

this no longer works just like your transmission

3 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

just like your transmission

I swear to Mortis I'll make sure you never get banned for disrespecting me like that

8 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

I swear to Mortis I'll make sure you never get banned for disrespecting me like that

Key to (forum) immortality?

† 

In Flanders fields.

In Flanders fields.

9 minutes ago, Tog Driver said:

Key to (forum) immortality?

You wouldn't wanna be immortal in hell though

Unless you're that Doom guy or helltaker with his demon waifus

10 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

10 hours ago, Moonzy said:

this no longer works just like your transmission

That was the best ford transmission joke I have heard on this fourm.

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang