Poll for thos ethat played both BF3 and BF4

LOST TALE

Lots of questions, may be intresting, after all why are you on the forums.

I prefer BF3 mechanics since revive is a fun factor mechanic.

Killer: still gets his kill

revived: happy to have the choice to avoid death

reviver: got some points

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

I like BF4 more than BF3 imho even with its current flaws that will be fixed. I understand why they moved the revive down to 25 points as medics where always getting insane points beforehand.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

I like BF4 more than BF3 imho even with its current flaws that will be fixed. I understand why they moved the revive down to 25 points as medics where always getting insane points beforehand.

Yea, and it helped the team, a lot. It encouraged people to not be selfish.

Revive score ( the one that bothers me)

1. BF3 (100-125points) (7 votes [58.33%]
  2. BF4 (25points) (5 votes [41.67%])

You didn't type this properly, if you charge up your paddles in BF4 you get 100 points or when you revive them instantly you can drop a med kit on them and you will get 100points....

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

you can revive someone at full health when you hold down the defib.

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

I can understand why they dropped the revive points, because I was (admittedly) that one asshole that went around reviving my team mates (who all sucked, but I knew that) and racked up a shit-ton of points.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I definitely prefer the lower score for reviving teammates.. It was nearly always the case that the top scorers would be medics who went around reviving everyone they saw.. 

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems

I definitely prefer the lower score for reviving teammates.. It was nearly always the case that the top scorers would be medics who went around reviving everyone they saw.. 

I will commence whistling innocently now.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

You know you can charge the defibrillator to get full points right... as a mechanic, the BF3 one works better than the BF4 one simply because no one knows how to use it properly. Simple as that. People only one click and drop health packs without realizing that they are only healing 20% health and are leaving their teammate highly vulnerable. A lot of people don't know this either, but unlike BF3 where you could troll someone by reviving them unlimited times, if the person you revive in BF4 dies right after they are revived then they have to respawn. Yes, if there is some buffer time in between then they may be revived again, but more often than not medics don't take the time to charge the paddles.

Rambo-reviving in BF3 was bad. Not knowing how to revive properly in BF4, imho, is even worse. I don't play assault that often, but when I'm leading a push and I get overtaken by bad medics (most of the time, medics that don't even revive or drop health) it's incredibly infuriating.

Note to the OP: You may want to check your grammar. Also, the wording is a bit unclear.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Those are hard questions because I prefer the way it worked in bf3 because you didnt' really need to care you only checked to see if it's clear and bam, but now it's a hassle, and it is more realistic and more balanced so I don't really know

MSI Z87-GD65 - GTX 760 DirectCU II - i5 4670k @4.0GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866 MHz

If revive would work as it should in BF4 it would be better. Right now there's option to choose between being revived or to deploy. That sadly doesn't work and you'll be revived again in same spot you just died and die again. There isn't such decision in BF3. Only way to prevent unnecessary deaths was to hold spacebar until you were in deploy menu.

On HP side I would like BF2 way to be back. No one is going to revive to full health. I know you can but honestly its faster to revive, drop health bag and run away. The person just revived will have bit over 50% when they start to move away from revive spot. 

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

You know you can charge the defibrillator to get full points right... as a mechanic, the BF3 one works better than the BF4 one simply because no one knows how to use it properly. Simple as that. People only one click and drop health packs without realizing that they are only healing 20% health and are leaving their teammate highly vulnerable. A lot of people don't know this either, but unlike BF3 where you could troll someone by reviving them unlimited times, if the person you revive in BF4 dies right after they are revived then they have to respawn. Yes, if there is some buffer time in between then they may be revived again, but more often than not medics don't take the time to charge the paddles.

Rambo-reviving in BF3 was bad. Not knowing how to revive properly in BF4, imho, is even worse. I don't play assault that often, but when I'm leading a push and I get overtaken by bad medics (most of the time, medics that don't even revive or drop health) it's incredibly infuriating.

Note to the OP: You may want to check your grammar. Also, the wording is a bit unclear.

The problem with this is Battlefield 4 is too fast-paced and hectic to support a mechanic which requires so much time. You need to charge the defibrillator for a good 5+ seconds before it's ready to revive to 100% - altogether far too much time to be standing in the same area. And the amount of points you get is paltry, which results in no-one caring to revive anyone. After all, why should they risk themselves to help someone else when they'll get such little reward for their actions?

Battlefield 3's revive mechanic had issues. Battlefield 4's revive mechanic has many more, in my opinion.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

Not sure, I have never got to use a defib yet since my game crashes so often I almost cannot even play it.

I prefer every aspect of the revive mechanic in BF4. The limitless revives got me accused of cheating in BF3 because I had a good squad that would stick together.

you can revive someone at full health when you hold down the defib.

I'd have to try that

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

The problem with this is Battlefield 4 is too fast-paced and hectic to support a mechanic which requires so much time. You need to charge the defibrillator for a good 5+ seconds before it's ready to revive to 100% - altogether far too much time to be standing in the same area. And the amount of points you get is paltry, which results in no-one caring to revive anyone. After all, why should they risk themselves to help someone else when they'll get such little reward for their actions?

Battlefield 3's revive mechanic had issues. Battlefield 4's revive mechanic has many more, in my opinion.

That's what im afraid off, peopel reviving ar epoeple used to it. I'm starting to let 4 people die at the expense of killing 2 enemies. ( while I could rveive 3 of them and kill 1) The outcome would be better with revives. but DICe be like NOPE.

If revive would work as it should in BF4 it would be better. Right now there's option to choose between being revived or to deploy. That sadly doesn't work and you'll be revived again in same spot you just died and die again. There isn't such decision in BF3. Only way to prevent unnecessary deaths was to hold spacebar until you were in deploy menu.

On HP side I would like BF2 way to be back. No one is going to revive to full health. I know you can but honestly its faster to revive, drop health bag and run away. The person just revived will have bit over 50% when they start to move away from revive spot. 

Do you understand tickets in the game? Half ptfo-ing newb.

Do you understand tickets in the game? Half ptfo-ing newb.

You mean what excatly? I've been playing BF series since BF2, comp in BF2, BC2 and BF3.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

You mean what excatly? I've been playing BF series since BF2, comp in BF2, BC2 and BF3.

if you get revived 3 times. and die 3 times. you only lose one ticket. instead of dying once wihtout reviving and losing 1 ticket

if you get revived 3 times. and die 3 times. you only lose one ticket. instead of dying once wihtout reviving and losing 1 ticket

Being revived in front of enemy fire isn't valuable tactic. It produces too much shouting in TS. So even though it might save tickets usually better solution is either kill enemies first or leave person without res.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Being revived in front of enemy fire isn't valuable tactic. It produces too much shouting in TS. So even though it might save tickets usually better solution is either kill enemies first or leave person without res.

Reviving me in front of the enemy is very valid tactic. I don't know about half asleep noobs that get revived.

plus its an excellent way to absorb damage, disadvantage to the enemy

Reviving me in front of the enemy is very valid tactic. I don't know about half asleep noobs that get revived.

plus its an excellent way to absorb damage, disadvantage to the enemy

Yeah.. .not so much in HC which I play atm mostly.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv