How do I apply to work for linus tech tips

I want to apply to work for Linus Tech Tips. I really want to work for him and do what I can to help grow the company and help it branch out. I would be the most for every and anything that needs to be done, including Film, Video Editing, advertising/graphic design, Creative team, and really anything including help Linus if he needs a break one day + I I'm passionate and don't really care about getting paid to much. My strength are(Art, Video/filmography, editing, graphic design, entertaining people, and Especially I'm Very creative thx to God, I will be the best fit for u Linus). I also know alot about tech and Video Games, what will help the company beach out! Message me at [removed] tto chat. I personally prefer video call! ?

wait for a job to open up. Linus recently made a video about that he's looking for 2 new employees. They're probably already filled. 

CPU: AMD 3800X GPU: GTX 1080 Ti RAM: (16GB) 2x Corsair 8gb DDR4 3200Mhz Drives: SanDisk 240GB SSD, Samsung 500GB SSD, WD 1TB HDD

Motherboard: MSI X470 Gaming pro plus PSU: Gigabyte 650 watt Monitor(s): 27 inch AOC 1440p

9 minutes ago, Filipe Vitale said:

Don't take it too personal but really dude? You're literally begging for a workplace within Linus Group Media. As @dionkoffie said wait for a job to open up and then apply, do not post such things. Might look weird.

|| CPU: Intel i5-8600K || Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212X || Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370 HD3P || GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050ti OC Windforce 4GB || Memory: 16GB Crucial DDR4 3000mhz || HDD: WD Black 500GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB || SSD: Samsung 980 1TB || PSU: Corsair VS550 || Case: nJoy Ice Cage || Fans: Segotep Halo Ring RGB ||Monitor: 2x Dell 27" P2717H IPS Full HD || Second Monitor/TV: LG 49UJ620V UHD || Mouse: Logitech G502 || Keyboard: Logitech G810 + Royal Kludge RK84 || Speakers: Philips SPA-5300 subw + Arylic 2.1 + DIY Bookshelves w/ Dayton Audio || Headphones: HyperX Cloud Flight S ||

TO BE UPGRADED:

>> Headphones << >> Keyboard << >> HDD << >> Mouse << >> PC Case << >> Memory(another stick) << >> Graphics Card << 

2 applications are available on their website, don't know if they are actually still searching for someone.

http://www.linusmediagroup.com/contact/

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

wait for LTT to put out a video where he is says he is looking for employees. if you fit what he is looking for, then apply properly via the slected method and be ready to move to Canada to work on site

You can look on their website and it will say if they have job openings. Sometimes they have small openings that don’t make videos about like everyone else suggested. they must not be very knowledgeable.

the website says this 

Current Openings

To add to what others said: You need to either live in Canada or have a valid working permit already. They have had issues with these before and said that they'd rather not deal with these more (or something along the lines).

HAL9000: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black | 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | Asus X570 Prime Pro | ASUS TUF 3080 Ti | 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus + 1 TB Crucial MX500 + 6 TB WD RED | Corsair HX1000 | be quiet Pure Base 500DX | LG 34UM95 34" 3440x1440

Hydrogen server: Intel i3-10100 | Cryorig M9i | 64 GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4 | Gigabyte B560M-DS3H | 33 TB of storage | Fractal Design Define R5 | unRAID 6.9.2

Carbon server: Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX100 S7p | Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC | 60 GB Corsair SSD & 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro | Intel i340-T4 | ESXi 6.5.1

Big Mac cluster: 2x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | 2x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

33 minutes ago, jj9987 said:

To add to what others said: You need to either live in Canada or have a valid working permit already. They have had issues with these before and said that they'd rather not deal with these more (or something along the lines).

this. They specified that in the last video. Live in Canada or have a valid working permit for Canada. Which really restricts the thing though I understand why they do it.

44 minutes ago, The Viking said:

this. They specified that in the last video. Live in Canada or have a valid working permit for Canada. Which really restricts the thing though I understand why they do it.

It is self obvious. If you have a studio in USA, would you hire someone who lives in Russia? How are you gonna report taxes for such employee? 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

They have just posted job ads. Why not look at them and see what they are looking for and require? After that I would recommend being more professional. From writing style I'd say you aren't at age of looking any full-time job. Nothing wrong with enthusiasm, but just telling what you can do isn't going to cut it. You need to show that you can actually do something. As they are in entertainment business, you would need to have portfolio to prove your skills. Hobby and school projects are good start if you don't have degree. Also, you contact them. Asking them to contact you is auto-NO. That tells only that you deem yourself higher than them. It goes other way around, at least when you are just starting out. If they would pick you into next round, just that should be something to be graceful about. I just wrote to possible employer "Thanks for the opportunity" when I was asked for interview.

As quick tips. Craft good CV and application. If you are looking at creative position, have portfolio showing off your skills attached (YT account for video stuff, gallery for photography/digital art, Soundcloud for music/sound, website for other design stuff, few scripts for writer position). If you have worked in projects which can be seen on public, be sure to list those. If you have degree or have taken reputable courses, tell which and when.

6 hours ago, The Viking said:

5 hours ago, wasab said:

It is self obvious. If you have a studio in USA, would you hire someone who lives in Russia? How are you gonna report taxes for such employee? 

Taxes would be paid to country of residence of worker. Thats how it works. Which is also reason why countries limit use of permanent foreign workers. From what I remember of Dennis-case, Canadian law allows companies to hire permanent workers if they are already in process of getting permanent work permit. In Dennis-case his expired or was re-applied too late. Which resulted in cooldown period and more paperwork to proof that Dennis is valued member and it wouldn't be easy to replace him with native Canadian with same qualifications.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

14 hours ago, Filipe Vitale said:

including help Linus if he needs a break one day 

Pretty sure Linus hasn't taken a break in 5 years. 

Probably doesn't want to sleep, either.

I wouldn't be opposed to working for linus, but only if the pay is 170k/yr +. Would also need 4 weeks vacation, full benefits and either nice yearly bonuses or stock options in LTT.

On 3/20/2018 at 7:21 AM, Filipe Vitale said:

I want to apply to work for Linus Tech Tips. I really want to work for him and do what I can to help grow the company and help it branch out. I would be the most for every and anything that needs to be done, including Film, Video Editing, advertising/graphic design, Creative team, and really anything including help Linus if he needs a break one day + I I'm passionate and don't really care about getting paid to much. My strength are(Art, Video/filmography, editing, graphic design, entertaining people, and Especially I'm Very creative thx to God, I will be the best fit for u Linus). I also know alot about tech and Video Games, what will help the company beach out! Message me at [removed] tto chat. I personally prefer video call! ?

yeah it more if/when they need you instead not vice versa, it may be a while till another position is needed also not sure off your position but for obvious reasons you need to be a Canadian citizens or have a Canadian work permit. 

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

Haha, I applaud your effort. You never know unless you try, which is something I think a majority of people would be better off living by. As others have pointed out though this likely isn't the best way to go about it. 

Do you have any formal credentials? Courses you've taken, degrees, etc? Are you of a legal working age? Do you actually have experience in marketing? Don't say you'll help do things that you either don't know, or could be a detriment to. 

It's not essential, but I'd take some time to improve your English. I'd also probably avoid mentioning God. Its likely normal in heavily religious countries, but from a North American's viewpoint it just seems odd. Most importantly, don't say you work for little money; don't sell yourself short ;) Any talent worth having is worth paying for. 

Maybe stick around the forums for a while, build yourself a name, show off what you can do and who knows. If LTT keeps expanding maybe they'll take notice. 

Either way, welcome to the forum :)

On 3/20/2018 at 7:07 AM, The Viking said:

It doesn't put that much of a restriction on it. There's loads of talent in Canada. 

On 3/20/2018 at 7:52 AM, wasab said:

You're kidding right? There's loads of reasons why you'd hire someone from another country. Talent being one of them. Let's face it, a lot of what LTT does doesn't necessarily require you to be there physically. 

2 hours ago, AngryBeaver said:

I wouldn't be opposed to working for linus, but only if the pay is 170k/yr +. Would also need 4 weeks vacation, full benefits and either nice yearly bonuses or stock options in LTT.

Bahaha. Only 4 weeks? That's pretty modest. Also LTT isn't a publicly traded company ;)

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Linus usually posts online somewhere when he's looking for someone new (I remember I applied for the writer and you had to give them an example of your work in their context, which is pretty reasonable seeing as this is very niche work, I should have finished my application, something I quite regret).

That said you can always write to companies to apply for a job, even if they are not hiring anyone. Its not 'weird' at all to apply this way with a cover letter and your CV, however I would also send Linus your Portfolio as its more useful (Video editing courses, especially specific softwares are more of an experience skillset rather than knowledge). 

I'm passionate and don't really care about getting paid to much

This screws other workers and is a really bad idea. If someone does good work, they should get paid what that job is worth. A good employer also wants someone who is confident enough to know their own worth. Someone who isn't, also generally isn't worth the hassle of interviewing, let alone hiring. Also, check your spelling, especially when applying for a job and don't write in text speak.

Ha! I like your introduction but it sounds...a little desperate. Keep your price man, even though Linus us a great company, but keep your price. 

On 3/29/2018 at 11:36 AM, johnukguy said:

This screws other workers and is a really bad idea.

Oh c'mon. If someone enjoys making coffee for all other employees and gets paid less than McDonald's workers, why should we be against? /s

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Oh boy, id love to work there too. The videos remind me of walking into rusted rooster in my town, its like google in there. They were playing with a football in the hallway waiting for videos to render.

I feel like you gotta learn everything. Some jobs can be pretty cut throat.

But now Its hard deciding how to apply when you can do everything. I got light programming, light web design, 3d modeling, lighting, materials, rendering, etc, animation, motion vfx (2D, 2.5D, & 3D), compositing, color grading/correction, video editing, filming, photography, graphic design, photoshop, digital painting, music production & general audio engineering, some light game dev experience, photogrammetry, experience modeling for 3D prints, partical simulation and fluid dynamic simulation and rendering experience. 

And im still finding it hard to get studios to want to look at my work. Im bad with formalities and old fashioned i guess. I like to walk into buildings and talk to the owner. 

Free lance work comes in fine though. 

Linus if you read this, ill move to Canada. Id rather work in a studio instead of going back to carpentry/concrete. Its fun but man does it suck.

On 21/03/2018 at 4:15 PM, Levisallanon said:

Be carefull though, it's possible your job interview will end up like this:

If you look closely, you can see @Slicks big pene pene bulge.

This is why I should be employed by LMG, because I'm good at noticing such things.

Linus is my fetish.

I mean I can see it being pretty cool to work there, but needing a work visa for Canada would make it a PITA and I would have to constantly be flying there and back.

That being said if they needed someone with the following I would be game.

• Multiple degrees in the field
  • Computer Forensic/Ediscovery experience
  • Able to script and program in several languages
  • Cyber security experience
  • Computer support experience
  • Network Administration experience
  • IT project management experience.
  • More knowledgeable than Linus himself when it comes to hardware/software
  • Enjoys being challenged so that I am forced to rethink or prove my ideas, findings, etc...
  • Sexy as hell. I would bring in an extra 2+ million viewers just from the female population!

Interested? Send me a cover letter for why I should work for Linus Tech Tips and I will reply with my wage requirements.

13 minutes ago, AngryBeaver said:

• Sexy as hell. I would bring in an extra 2+ million viewers just from the female population!

Post pics of yourself.

Linus is my fetish.