Show off your old and retro computer parts

Message added by SansVarnic,

When posting with quotes, please be sure to exclude/remove/snip any photos from the quote to help with load times for slower internet connections.

Thank you,

Moderation Team

My only CRT is a Loop one with the RGB-TTL 9-pin connector.

I have a 9-pin to VGA adapter, but either the adapter or the CRT is faulty because I'm not getting an image - just a white screen.

elephants

Ok so last summer I traveled to my parents house in Minnesota (I live in Ohio) and I went through my old room and found some goodies I'd like to share.  First on the top left is a delicious pizza from the local bowling alley.  The next three pictures are a small collection of my PC games I had back then.  Then is my beast of a DOS machine that I played some classic games on.  Next is a box of Magic Cards from the early 90s, then my old GameCube, a receipt showing I paid $70 for Madden 64.  Then a couple 3DO games (If anyone remembers that system).  Next is my copy of Tetis for the Famicom.  Then random games like Asheron's Call, Everquest, Dark Age of Camelot and Nights for the Saturn (with controller) and lastly my 32x.  Crazy finds!

image.png.42ec9b395ca7eea1491e34a18ee08fb8.png

Ryzen 5 2600 | MSI B450i Gaming Plus AC | G.SKILL 32GB (2 x 16GB) Ripjaws V Series DDR4 3200MHz | Geforce GTX 1070 8GB Founder's Edition | Western Digital 1TB NVMe M.2 SSD | 2 x PNY 480GB SATA3 SSDs |HGST 4TB HDD | EVGA 600W PSU | Cooler Master Elite 130 | Windows 10 Pro

I have commodore 64 that i got for free.Also got amd sempron 64 2500+ build with 128mb graphics 768 mb ram and 500w psu.Also have dell latitude e6500 that i hackintoshed and currently have it running 10.9 mavericks.Stil good machine for day to day use.Also have core 2 duo system with 128mb ati gpu,2gb ddr2 ram,500w psu.I use that build as a capture system because i have and old capture card in it.With that i ussualy record guitar hero 3 wii gameplay or vhs tapes.Sorry for bad english,i am from Serbia.I can post pictures of these systems if you are interested.I am 13 years old and i love retro stuff.Currently have 3 record players one is 1974 ei nis made in yugoslavia,other one is supraphone and it is from 1963 i belive and it is from slovakia i think.Third one is philips turntable/cassete deck combo unit.Also got og xbox,ps1 and my beloved ipod nano 1st gen which works flawlessly.

2 hours ago, AljeljaSRB said:

I have commodore 64 that i got for free.Also got amd sempron 64 2500+ build with 128mb graphics 768 mb ram and 500w psu.Also have dell latitude e6500 that i hackintoshed and currently have it running 10.9 mavericks.Stil good machine for day to day use.Also have core 2 duo system with 128mb ati gpu,2gb ddr2 ram,500w psu.I use that build as a capture system because i have and old capture card in it.With that i ussualy record guitar hero 3 wii gameplay or vhs tapes.Sorry for bad english,i am from Serbia.I can post pictures of these systems if you are interested.I am 13 years old and i love retro stuff.Currently have 3 record players one is 1974 ei nis made in yugoslavia,other one is supraphone and it is from 1963 i belive and it is from slovakia i think.Third one is philips turntable/cassete deck combo unit.Also got og xbox,ps1 and my beloved ipod nano 1st gen which works flawlessly.

I would like to see pictures :)

I am 14 and have similar interests too - just not as much stuff. My grandpa has the legacy audio/video stuff, I have the legacy computer stuff (only go back to 1995, though)

elephants

On 12/12/2020 at 3:55 PM, ragnarok0273 said:

I would like to see pictures :)

I am 14 and have similar interests too - just not as much stuff. My grandpa has the legacy audio/video stuff, I have the legacy computer stuff (only go back to 1995, though)

Wow,thats nice to hear.I would love to have win 95/98 pc.Though my gigabyte mobo in my 2004 pc actually has support for windows 98 but i didnt try to install it because i have sata dvd drive in that pc and windows 98 doesnt like sata at all.Will post pictures in a few days beacuse i am have a lot of homework to do rn

I can actually be the master of this post, I have hundreds of old cpus, motherboard, ram, and everything.. 

Tho I thing that the only real intresting thing I have is my x58a-oc motherboard. It's an overclocking monster, really a legendery motherboard. I'm searching to sell it but I need a very specific person to buy it so it's still in my room

Just now, ElectroBrocoli said:

i have one :D

I have a 500 MHz Slot 1 Pentium III.

Would show, but it's in use right now (driving a CRT for a school assignment)

elephants

Just now, ragnarok0273 said:

I have a 500 MHz Slot 1 Pentium III.

Would show, but it's in use right now (driving a CRT for a school assignment)

now that is what i call a real retro

Just now, ElectroBrocoli said:

now that is what i call a real retro

Sadly, the CRT only displays a white screen.

Not sure if it is a CRT fault or an adapter fault (it takes a 9-pin RGB-TTL connector, and I'm using an RGB-TTL to VGA adapter.

I don't know if it is the cable or the CRT.

Hoping the cable.

elephants

1 minute ago, ragnarok0273 said:

Sadly, the CRT only displays a white screen.

Not sure if it is a CRT fault or an adapter fault (it takes a 9-pin RGB-TTL connector, and I'm using an RGB-TTL to VGA adapter.

I don't know if it is the cable or the CRT.

Hoping the cable.

i guess it was your cable

1 minute ago, ragnarok0273 said:

I'm looking for another adapter to test with.

remember do not trust aliexpress stuff

So. I recently sold a LOT of computer gear, just tidying up. If you guys (mods?) are okay with it I'm going to post it here, as I barely have any current gear. Still have some, I'll post that too but that'll be later :).
Here's the first post:
These are (or were, rather) my two Philips MSX. They didn't go far, I offered them on Facebook Marketplace and a guy right around the corner of where I live bought them. Had them for so long, MSX is where it all started for me. They are made in the Netherlands and were always dirt cheap here, compared to other countries. So no C64 for me!

IMG_20200123_184915.jpg

Not quite antique, but certainly rare: EVGA SR-X in a custom-built chassis (WIP on hiatus)45vg3kf7ins31.thumb.jpg.cba08b5ccf872c9004ef5ee380bca8ad.jpg

PC 0: Pinky 2.0

Ryzen 9 5950x — 64GB G.Skill Ripjaws 5 @3600Mhz CL14-13-13-28-288 — ROG Crosshair 8 Dark Hero — RX 6900 XT — Hardline Loop — Sabrent Rocket 4.0 2TB — Samsung PM961 1TB  WD Blue 4TB HDD — Corsair AX1500i — Thermaltake Core P5 

PC 1: Pinky (Yes that is her name) Here's the build

Xeon E5-1680V3 — 64GB G.Skill Ripjaws 4 @2400Mhz — MSi X99A Godlike Gaming — GTX 980Ti SLI (2-WAY) — Hardline Loop — Samsung 950Pro 512GB — Seagate 2TB HDD — Corsair RM1000 — Thermaltake Core P5

PC 1.1: Pinky (Mom Edition) Here's the build

i7-5960X — 64GB G.Skill Ripjaws 4 @2400Mhz — MSi X99A Godlike Gaming — GTX 980Ti SLI (2-WAY) — Hardline Loop — Sabrent Rocket 3 1TB — Samsung Q 870 Evo 4TB — Corsair HX850i — InWin S-Frame #190

PC 2: Red Box/Scarlet Overkill (Dual Xeon)

Xeon E5-2687W x2 — 96GB Kingston DDR3 ECC REG @1333Mhz — EVGA Classified SR-X Dual CPU — GTX 1070 SLI (2-WAY) —Hardline Loop — Samsung 750 EVO 256GB — Seagate 2TB 2.5" HDD x3 — Self-Built Case

that's not DDR2
that's before DDR1

SDRAM or SDR as I call it

I have one too :)
Pentium III 500 MHz

Asus P3V 4X
PC133 1GB
Windows 98 SE (on a dying HDD but that's besides the point)
3D Rage II +DVD (waiting on ATI Radeon 9600 Pro)

elephants

That's definitely SDR memory (you can tell because it has 2 notches)... Looks like a socket 370. Also is that an AMR slot? I forgot those things even existed lol

1 hour ago, ragnarok0273 said:

that's not DDR2
that's before DDR1

SDRAM or SDR as I call it

I have one too :)
Pentium III 500 MHz

Asus P3V 4X
PC133 1GB
Windows 98 SE (on a dying HDD but that's besides the point)
3D Rage II +DVD (waiting on ATI Radeon 9600 Pro)

I remember having an ATi 3D Rage II +DVD with 2MB of video ram as an onboard "gpu" on my first family computer, an IBM Aptiva G66... it was a Pentium 166 with 16MB of ram and 3.2 GB HDD... such good memories

I have so much (for it).

4x 1GB PC133 sticks
3x 128MB PC100 sticks

1x 128MB PC133 stick

1x 256MB PC100 stick

elephants