Meaning of life

spwath

What is it?

I'm feeling there is none, and nothing matters. Nothing in my life, nothing in your life, nothing at all. Not in a depressed kind of way, but more of a existential, absurdist, Albert Camus kind of way.

You get me?

I feel like I could kill, have family members die, have anything happen really, and I wouldn't care. Is this normal? Just thoughts in my head. Idk...

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

The sun is shining, potatoes i grow. What color is the potatoes i show?

The meaning of life is the purpose you put upon yourself. Through any means you want. Either religion, or through objectives. If you dont find any meaning to life....... Look around, its bound to present itself to you

Even within existential absurdism there's meaning to be had. 

Albert Camus might have written about the foundational meaningless of existence, but he also wrote about the beauty that life has to offer; about the joys of kissing a beautiful girl, about the magic of wining and dining with good friends and about the beauty of a sunrise. 

So while existence might be meaingless that will allow you to fill it with meaning. 

We are all doomed to freedom, as Satre said.  

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

What you are describing sounds more like borderline personality disorder,   however everything only has the value you attribute to it.   If you don't attribute value to something it has no meaning. 

29 minutes ago, TacticlTwinkie said:

Only 6 posts to get this response, pretty piss poor effort for a nerd forum, it should have been 2nd or 3rd.   LTT hang your head in shame...

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

nothing is the meaning

do something

you just do things that satisfy you and possibly other people, and continue existing, and continue doing things that satisfy you and other people

if that's not satisfying enough, something to do with dark thoughts here i ain't saying anything

5 hours ago, spwath said:

I feel like I could kill, have family members die, have anything happen really, and I wouldn't care. Is this normal? Just thoughts in my head. Idk...

feel like this too with people which society deem you should have a good relationship with (family members), it doesn't work.

in practice when someone you actually do care about dies (metaphorically and actually) it feels like shit

just my 0.000001 cents

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

7 hours ago, spwath said:

What is it?

It is a Monty Python movie. Irregular in quality, hilarious at times.

7 hours ago, spwath said:

ot in a depressed kind of way, but more of a existential, absurdist, Albert Camus kind of way.

There is no meaning. To use a gaming analogy, life is not story-driven, but rather sandbox. There is no externally defined goal, only your self-determined goals. In other words: there is will. Ditch Camus, embrace Schopenhauer-Nietzsche.

The meaning of life... 

some years ago I would have said, learning a lesson you put upon yourself before you arrived here =) 

Today, after learning more and more, experiencing more and more... 

You are here to learn about how to be happy in life. To learn what really is needed to be happy, to learn what is not needed. And such things...

Learn to become a "good" person. Learn to appreciate what your life hands to you. Learn the real worth of everything, not the price, the real worth. 

I could write on and on... but I'll end it with this =) 

Main System:

Anghammarad : Asrock Taichi x570, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @4900 MHz. 32 GB DDR4 3600, some NVME SSDs, Gainward Phoenix RTX 3070TI

System 2 "Igluna" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

System 3 "Inskah" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

On the Road: Acer Aspire 5 Model A515-51G-54FD, Intel Core i5 7200U, 8 GB DDR4 Ram, 120 GB SSD, 1 TB SSD, Intel CPU GFX and Nvidia MX 150, Full HD IPS display

Media System "Vio": Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5700X, 64 GB Ram DDR4 3200 Mushkin, 1 275 GB Crucial MX SSD, 1 tb Crucial MX500 SSD. IBM 5015 Megaraid, 4 Seagate Ironwolf 4TB HDD in raid 5, 4 WD RED 4 tb in another Raid 5, Gainward Phoenix GTX 1060

(Abit Fatal1ty FP9 IN SLI, C2Duo E8400, 6 GB Ram DDR2 800, far too less diskspace, Gainward Phantom 560 GTX broken need fixing)

Nostalgia: Amiga 1200, Tower Build, CPU/FPU/MMU 68EC020, 68030, 68882 @50 Mhz, 10 MByte ram (2 MB Chip, 8 MB Fast), Fast SCSI II, 2 CDRoms, 2 1 GB SCSI II IBM Harddrives, 512 MB Quantum Lightning HDD, self soldered Sync changer to attach VGA displays, WLAN

without sounding cliche or corny.

whatever you make of it

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

3 hours ago, QuestionxThree said:

No that’s the definition.

Yes, to which 'meaning' can serve as a synonym for.

And that's the only way life has meaning. Otherwise, life is truly a meaningless thing, with the only purpose being survive long enough to reproduce.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

8 hours ago, spwath said:

What is it?

I'm feeling there is none, and nothing matters. Nothing in my life, nothing in your life, nothing at all. Not in a depressed kind of way, but more of a existential, absurdist, Albert Camus kind of way.

You get me?

i often get knocked down by that thought as well. and then eventually i realize when i say "ther is no meaning in life" i really mean that "nothing i could do has any impact on the grand scheme".

also if there was a meaning of life that would asume theres a grand plan and that life has a single definite purpose which i dont think is true.

to quote rick and morty for the 100th time "Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. We're all going to die. Come watch TV."

it literally doesnt matter. then you have people saying its family and friends and whatever makes you happy and i would agree partially because being happy is also just endorphins released in your brain. so chasing that feeling of being happy is basically just junkie behaviour and nothing special - certainly not the meaning of life.

then there religious people which could argue "be fruitful and multiply" are gods words to us but again expanding across the universe like a parasite cant be the purpose.

and when i go through all the these possible answers i always endd up with this sentence "...cant be the purpose" but why not ? well simply becasue i wont accept it as such. so in the endd it all just depends on what im willing to accept as purpose of life. and that means that theres no definite answer and that its ultimatively meaningless.

my god what have you done now im spiraling down this rabbit hole of thoughts. 

so to catch myself from going nuts let me quote rick and morty one more time "What about the future where hitler cured cancer. THE ANSWER IS DONT THINK ABOUT, morty"

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

4 hours ago, mr moose said:

What you are describing sounds more like borderline personality disorder,   however everything only has the value you attribute to it.   If you don't attribute value to something it has no meaning. 

Only 6 posts to get this response, pretty piss poor effort for a nerd forum, it should have been 2nd or 3rd.   LTT hang your head in shame...

I'd be guessing most here are too young to know about the fantastic piece of literature & later a feature film that is Hitch Hikers Guide To The Galaxy. Remember the film debuted in 2005.

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14

1 hour ago, Virus__ said:

I'd be guessing most here are too young to know about the fantastic piece of literature & later a feature film that is Hitch Hikers Guide To The Galaxy. Remember the film debuted in 2005.

I remember the original TV series that aired in the early 80's and the book from the 70's.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

5 hours ago, TacticlTwinkie said:

Fuck, you beat me to it :( 

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

the meaning of life is what you give it, the truth is humans have and will  ponder that very question and we will always wonder why are we here, and whatever the reason if there even is one, the most important one is that you find comfort in, because your life is yours and what you do shapes that and the experiences you have are yours and yours alone.

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

There is no grand meaning that encompasses our existence as a whole. Meaning is derived individually through our personal existence in and of itself. It's through our authentic choices, and what we make of ourselves that allows a meaning to be applied. Since every individual is different, everyone's subsequent meaning is also different.

That difference is what makes morality discussion a non-starter for some. Good and evil, right and wrong don't exist; they're simply labels of classification for actions and occurrences based on individual perspective. Such individual perspective is necessary when contemplating self-meaning.

To leave the world a better place than we found it.

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

7 hours ago, mr moose said:

I jumped on it as soon as I saw the topic. Someone else should have beat me to it.

Life is an objective you accomplish.

The geek himself.

11 hours ago, Volbet said:

Even within existential absurdism there's meaning to be had. 

Albert Camus might have written about the foundational meaningless of existence, but he also wrote about the beauty that life has to offer; about the joys of kissing a beautiful girl, about the magic of wining and dining with good friends and about the beauty of a sunrise. 

So while existence might be meaingless that will allow you to fill it with meaning. 

We are all doomed to freedom, as Satre said.  

That makes sense. 

I just hope that sun doesn't get too hot and make me kill someone...

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

6 hours ago, RuffRuffmcgruff said:

To leave the world a better place than we found it.

Doing a real shitty job as a species then.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.