Plattsburgh, N.Y to take legislative against crypto mining.

MoistyMcMoistface
Just now, Cole5 said:

I'll let you figure that out, you look like a semi smart CPU and cooler

Well, I for one am glad that you had an opportunity to express your feelings on the matter.  

4 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

Well, I for one am glad that you had an opportunity to express your feelings on the matter.  

Right? Miners are a waste of space and more importantly, electricity, in a country that has as many power issues as america does (For no good reason than greed) This is just adding more weight to an overburdened system 

29 minutes ago, Cole5 said:

Watsed energy and increased power draw mostly yes, Wasting dirty power on something that isn't real is the stupidest form of greed ive seen so far 

But you're on LTT. That's wasting power draw on something not real.

Gaming too.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

On 3/9/2018 at 3:41 PM, 19_blackie_73 said:

that's insane
instead of saving energy and resources, these miners give a shit about their environment and just waste energy for an illusion. If everything would come out of renewable energy, that wouldn't be much of a problem, but I bet that most of the juice comes out of coal and other, non-regenerative resources

On 3/9/2018 at 3:47 PM, DoctorWho1975 said:

A huge amount of money is not an illusion.

makes smart sense for the miners

cant blame them for seeking out cheap electricity rates

47 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

But you're on LTT. That's wasting power draw on something not real.

Gaming too.

My computer at max load draw 400 watts, i have a solar cell on my roof, How much do mining arrays use?

Just now, Cole5 said:

My computer at max load draw 400 watts, i have a solar cell on my roof, How much do mining arrays use?

Depends on the operation.

Doesn't change the fact that you're wasting power by being LTT.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

1 minute ago, Drak3 said:

Orders of magnitude, Thats like comparing a computer to a warehouse full of components, well not like, It is. 

2 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Many can argue that sharing information on LTT has a net benefit to the community, where the net benefit to the community from mining has yet to be realised.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Just now, mr moose said:

Many can argue that sharing information on LTT has a net benefit to the community, where the net benefit to the community from mining has yet to be realised.

Many can argue that. They'd be wrong.

Whereas mining has momentarily invigorated the PC component market and made ROI to resellers and OEMs higher.

3 minutes ago, Cole5 said:

Orders of magnitude, Thats like comparing a computer to a warehouse full of components, well not like, It is. 

So long as they're paying, they have just as much right to electricity as you or I do.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

4 minutes ago, mr moose said:

LTT purely for the sake of entertainment is generally accepted, wouldn't you agree?

8 minutes ago, Cole5 said:

So the mining I'm currently doing is drawing about 6 times what you've mentioned. 

If I put 6 solar panels on my house, would you then be less likely to tell me to screw off? 

1 minute ago, Drak3 said:

Many can argue that. They'd be wrong.

Whereas mining has momentarily invigorated the PC component market and made ROI to resellers and OEMs higher.

So long as they're paying, they have just as much right to electricity as you or I do.

Mining hasn't been around long enough to properly ascertain impact be it positive or negative, gaming on the other hand has had as well established effect on GPU development and forums like LTT have had a huge impact on the direction and uptake of gaming. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

5 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

LTT purely for the sake of entertainment is generally accepted, wouldn't you agree?

So the mining I'm currently doing is drawing about 6 times what you've mentioned. 

If I put 6 solar panels on my house, would you then be less likely to tell me to screw off? 

Probably, But will you? OR will you continue to leech off the grid?

7 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

nope,  LTT just like all the others are a valid source for hardware information.  Some might only use it for entertainment, but even if that was the case Hollywood is only for entertainment and it's an industry that props up others.  As I mentioned before, mining is too young to evaluate its impact. 

That's the thing about industry analysis, there is there is so much to consider  you can't just take a snapshot when it is doing well and say it's beneficial.  What if none of the currencies can be utilised well enough and the net outcome becomes a financial loss? 

10 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

The Mayor disagrees

2 minutes ago, Cole5 said:

It's not leeching off the grid if one's paying for it. It's paying for a product and using said product.

Just now, Cole5 said:

The Mayor disagrees

No, the mayor doesn't. The mayor wants to accommodate miners but realizes that that isn't something that can be done tomorrow.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

19 minutes ago, mr moose said:

Taxes

and all the fee's utilities slap onto the bill, so helps share holders if that be the case

but yeah gamers have no net benefit either :o

j/k j/k calm down ppl

Just now, Cole5 said:

Actually the wife and I were talking about doing this even before I started mining. 

As far as your leeching comment, I'll let you continue to express yourself.  It's very easy to judge others in areas you are doing your best in while disregarding the opinions of others in areas you aren't.  

2 minutes ago, Cole5 said:

The Mayor disagrees

Well the mayor doesn't have the power to enforce shit. The fact is much is not all the power in the US is supplied by corporations. The government can only regulate them and most of the time that is done at the state and federal levels. Plus the goverment has no way of knowing whos mining or not. Some one could be running  a server farm out of their house. Check out some of the setups at DSLreports.com, Ive seen people post pics of server upon server running at a home. That uses a lot of power. Then you got the idiots who run grow houses, while illegal, that also uses a lot of power. The point is, they cant regulate power usage that well. All they can do is give the utility company the power to charge more during peak times. For those who have Smart meters thats with in the Utilities capabilities.

17 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

Id still hate you a bit for mining. But Id respect you for having the initiative of using clean renewable energy. LOL. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

24 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Whereas mining has momentarily invigorated the PC component market

Buhahaha xD 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

4 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

Taxes

and all the fee's utilities slap onto the bill, so helps share holders if that be the case

but yeah gamers have no net benefit either :o

j/k j/k calm down ppl

There is a reason I used the word "net" and "realise" in my post.  It seems the others missed it as well, but it means that the overall benefit or cost of mining to the community has not yet been determined.  You can argue there are some benefits now and that is true, you can also argue there are setbacks and costs to the community (which is also true). but until we have a proper analysis of the industry we cannot argue it is better or worse than using LTT or playing games, as games have had a measurable impact on the development of the GPU and forums/channels like LTT have had an impact on GPU sales/marketing.

3 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Plus the goverment has no way of knowing whos mining or not.

You can track power draw....how else do you think the power company knows how much you owe. 

If they see see you are drawing more power than is normal for extended periods of time, something could be done. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

Just like illegal grow ops

authority could even use FLIR to detect the heat signatures of them miners

for less scrupulous miners, they could break da law by bypassing their meter

but the power company could still get a general area

1 minute ago, DrMacintosh said:

You can track power draw....how else do you think the power company knows how much you owe. 

If they see see you are drawing more power than is normal for extended periods of time, something could be done. 

Quite easily, how do you think they find those grow houses in warm states

I love the comments about having a right to the power as long as you pay for it.....here’s the thing, you don’t. 

By that logic Bill Gates could buy all the drinkable sources of water as long as he paid for it and it would be A OK.

Errr, no. 

If miners are putting a load onto a grid that struggled to support it, the miners need to stop or the grid needs to be upgraded. The miners don’t get to just keep taking all the power. 

I'm moving to Plattsburgh next year to continue my college, Good thing I don't have a mining operation planned Lol

~Air Cooling Advocate~