Vacuum Tech Tips

How do you guys feel about the recent vacuum videos? Did they "suck" or did you enjoy them? I personally had mixed feelings as I thought the auto-cleaner was pretty sweet due to proof of concept but could care less about a standard vacuum I'll never be able to afford anyways. Of course the team always finds a way to make even the most mundane topics exciting, so let me know what you think.

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.8Ghz w/ Arctic Freezer 33 Tower Cooler | MSI B450 Tomahawk |  32GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200MHz CAS 14 

Sapphire RX 5700XT Pulse | EVGA 650w GQ 80+ Gold Semi-Modular  |  XPG SX6000 512GB Nvme SSD | NZXT H500

Acer XF270HU - 1440p 144Hz Freeesync IPS | Corsair Strafe - Cherry MX Red  |  Logitech G502

I think the video really sucked.

On a more serious note, it looked pretty interesting, though they probably could've shown off the vacuum's capabilities a bit more.

I enjoyed seeing their lighting setups most.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I would be fine ( he has done vacuum videos before ) if LITERALLY every single tech tuber and then some didn't already review this vacuum cleaner.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Tech is tech. Would have liked to see more things like Linus dropping a whole mess of screws up and then using the vacuum to clean it up.

"The only thing that matters right now is that you're here, and you're safe."

0C9A3584-Edit-2.thumb.jpg.aefae5cbf499890b47f32619dd10bf96.jpg

I request Vacuum Tube Tips.

i dont mind him recommending a vacuum.

what i mind, is him recommending a $700 hand vacuum. i get that it was sponsored and he has to say good things about it, but seriously? i would have told Dyson to shove it.   Standards are a things.

i also dont like that what could have been a really cool studio tour video, was only there to sell me a vacuum.  Either give me a studio tour, or give me an ad.   dont do both. 

"Ultimate tour of our new $100,000 studio - oh btw this is an ad for vacuums"

had they been separate videos, guess which one i wouldnt have watch.

I havent generally had an issue with @LinusTechs clickbait in the past, i understand it and its fine, but this was fucking special.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

I have bought 3 dyson vacuums. All about $700 first one my ex took, second lasted 10+ years being used almost every day before the motor died. Third I just bought to replace it.

I liked the studio tour and haven't seen any review on the dyson since I have no interest in seeking them out. This gets the ad out to more people so it's effective. Plus I liked the way Linus integrated it into the video.

I haven't watched the video. since the Bixby video i don't watch anything with 'showcase' in the title - i'm all for LMG making money, just find them personally less enjoyable, more 'corporated' if you will.
To the matter at hand - the vacuum is just not that interesting. i own the V6 model, the V10 is the same with more powerful engine, bigger battery and triple the cost. Do a video on Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum with laser mapping and navigation - that's tech.

PC:

AMD Ryzen 5 1600 | Asus ROG B350-i Gaming | Gigabyte GTX 1080 Windforce | Corsair CX650M | G.SKILL RIPJAW 16GB 3000Mhz | CoolerMaster MasterLiquid 240mm RGB AIO | SK Hynix SC308 256GB M.2 SSD | 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm HDD | Fractal Design Define Nano S

Peripherals:

Red Dragon K552 Kumara RGB | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | LG 29WK600-W 29" UltraWide | Razer Kraken USB 

I have heard Dyson have gotten worse build quality over time

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

One of the talking points must have been the no more traditional vacuums too lol

11 minutes ago, tezza192 said:

GN did their own vaccum ad which I think I prefer over Linus and all the other shills, sorry.....I meant to say tech youtubers... definitely meant to say youtubers...... and definitely not shills.... again I apologise for mixing those up.

Videos like this, I wish I could 'like' more than once.

It sucked sooo hard!

.. but the video's where top notch & interesting ;)

When the PC is acting up haunted,

who ya gonna call?
"Monotone voice" : A local computer store.

*Terrible joke I know*

Honestly i think it is fine since the main point of the video still was the studio tour.

All i can say is keep the great work up at LMG. :D

(although i would love more vlog style content like the oldschool ltt stuff; for example as extra content on floatplane. Like the update-vlogs but more techy stuff)

3 hours ago, tezza192 said:

GN did their own vaccum ad which I think I prefer over Linus and all the other shills, sorry.....I meant to say tech youtubers... definitely meant to say youtubers...... and definitely not shills.... again I apologise for mixing those up.

This is one of the greatest things I've ever seen. You've got to love GN's integrity, and their wit... Is it getting hot in here?

Anyway, I don't mind sponsored ads, but a $700 hand vacuum? That's a bit much.

Current Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X3D

GPU: RTX 3080 Ti FE

RAM: 32GB G.Skill Trident Z CL16 3200 MHz

Mobo: Asus Tuf X570 Plus Wifi

CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X53

PSU: EVGA G6 Supernova 850

Case: NZXT S340 Elite

Current Laptop:

Model: Asus ROG Zephyrus G14

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900HS

GPU: RTX 3060

RAM: 16GB @3200 MHz

Old PC:

CPU: Intel i7 8700K @4.9 GHz/1.315v

RAM: 32GB G.Skill Trident Z CL16 3200 MHz

Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A

That video would be MUCH BETTER without the vacuum. And if he had to sponsor it, then he could've done a seperate video on it, though I doubt a lot of people would've watched a vacuum ad.

Point is, the beginning was fine, but he kept showing that vacuum every second throughout the video.

I enjoyed it. Just for the new set tour.

I don't care for the vacuum. To me, the vacuum sponsorship was just their excuse to show off the new set, so may as well get paid to do so, right?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro