Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Just now, techswede said:

That isn't too bad actually. Decent value.

2 minutes ago, IKnight said:

4922 pages seems like a lot. xD

This S4 though... http://www.blocket.se/vi/75657922.htm

still would take the V70R i posted earlier xD 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

2 minutes ago, techswede said:

That isn't too bad actually. Decent value.

Just now, Mister2010 said:

still would take the V70R i posted earlier xD 

It's like the cheapest one on blocket. 

Jag vill tipsa om en annons på Blocket: Volvo 244 t5 http://www.blocket.se/vi/75314075.htm

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

1 minute ago, IKnight said:

Jag vill tipsa om en annons på Blocket: Volvo 244 t5 http://www.blocket.se/vi/75314075.htm

Now that's more my style xD 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Just now, IKnight said:

ok ... nvm a T5 244 with a ZF box is what i'd take xD 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

5 minutes ago, IKnight said:

4922 pages seems like a lot. xD

This S4 though... http://www.blocket.se/vi/75657922.htm

blacked out rims always scream warning signs to me that the car has been driven hard

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

1 minute ago, Not_Sean said:

blacked out rims always scream warning signs to me that the car has been driven hard

with an S4 (270?hp AWD wagon) they better have xD 

When one of the pictures is a time stamp, I think that would be safe to presume.  xD

3 minutes ago, Mister2010 said:

ok ... nvm a T5 244 with a ZF box is what i'd take xD 

3 minutes ago, techswede said:

Now that's more my style xD 

Here's another one for you 2 to cream yourselves :P Jag vill tipsa om en annons på Blocket: Volvo 164 V8 http://www.blocket.se/vi/75057811.htm

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

1 minute ago, Mister2010 said:

250-270 stock. This one runs e85, clutch, injectors and exhaust. All for apparently 400bhp. 

Damn, 3 grand for an S60r. And it's a manual too.

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/d/2005-volvo-s60/6338825648.html

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

1 minute ago, Mister2010 said:

When one of the pictures is a time stamp, I think that would be safe to presume.  xD

No no no you missed what I meant (My Bad) as in someone who hasn't looked after it and just thrashes it around. Most people will buy new rims which are black or gun metal, Spraying stock rims black to me is just a sign that the car never had a big budget and combo that with its age and that its a Audi he's prob selling as the thing is about to fall apart. 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

Here's another one for you 2 to cream yourselves :P Jag vill tipsa om en annons på Blocket: Volvo 164 V8 http://www.blocket.se/vi/75057811.htm

nope, not my style. would like it more if it was a Volvo V8 (most likely they used a ford V8 in the S80 anyways) :P but still not a V8 fan 

do like the car tho ....

Just now, Not_Sean said:

No no no you missed what I meant (My Bad) as in someone who hasn't looked after it and just thrashes it around. Most people will buy new rims which are black or gun metal, Spraying stock rims black to me is just a sign that the car never had a big budget and combo that with its age and that its a Audi he's prob selling as the thing is about to fall apart. 

Yeah, that makes more sense. I mean, you have a really good point. It's the cheapest one in Stockholm, and the owner hasn't really bothered in even uploading nice pictures. 

3 minutes ago, IKnight said:

250-270 stock. This one runs e85, clutch, injectors and exhaust. All for apparently 400bhp. 

ho lee sheeet xD 

Just now, terrytek said:

Damn, 3 grand for an S60r. And it's a manual too.

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/d/2005-volvo-s60/6338825648.html

well well well ... look who is not into saabs anymore xD 

ohhhhhhh... i see your point  xD 

3 minutes ago, Mister2010 said:

ho lee sheeet xD 

I doubt it has 400 though. You need to go big turbo for that, and even the k04s would struggle to make that much, much less the stock k03s.

4 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Is the FBI like a bi - anual think for you guys xD 

They already knocked on my door twice. Something about contact with suspicious online persona... 

2 hours ago, vinyldash303 said:

You guys are good people

Yeah. Pretty banged up. Wear your seatbelt.

We try 

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

1 hour ago, Mister2010 said:

ho lee sheeet xD 

Well I gave up on saabs when I couldn't find a decent facelift 1st gen saab 9-5 aero wagon for sale. But this volvo was so cheap, it's almost hard to pass up. But maintenance is gonna be a bitch.

1 hour ago, vinyldash303 said:

Is the FBI like a bi - anual think for you guys xD 

Nah, came once, never showed up again. :P

54 minutes ago, IKnight said:

They already knocked on my door twice. Something about contact with suspicious online persona... 

The FBI....In sweden. What kinda shit they wanna do there?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

11 minutes ago, terrytek said:

Well I gave up on saabs when I couldn't find a decent facelift 1st gen saab 9-5 aero wagon for sale. But this volvo was so cheap, it's almost hard to pass up. But maintenance is gonna be a bitch.

Nah, came once, never showed up again. :P

The FBI....In sweden. What kinda shit they wanna do there?

FBI can be anywhere now the CIA are the real people who you have to worry about.

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

@MEC-777 V8 Supercars are now 2 seconds off current GT3 pace, with the next generation of Aussie touring cars switching to twin turbo V6s.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

6 hours ago, vinyldash303 said:

At some point i need to meet @vetali and @Real_PhillBert so i can drop off an oil drum on a small trailer so i can burn his old oil in my diesel when i get it. 

I'm the least interesting man in the world, why would you want to meet me.

5 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

@vinyldash303 I'm amazed how my CPU cooler (NHD15 in case anyone is curious) (which I ordered monday I think?) was in Austin Texas and still isn't here LOL

USPS is a little infuriating at times... 

It just left the Austin distribution center this morning -_-

What, did your kraken die as well?

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

3 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

@MEC-777 V8 Supercars are now 2 seconds off current GT3 pace, with the next generation of Aussie touring cars switching to twin turbo V6s.

I mean thats something really impressive but at the same time 2 seconds in racing is pretty big gap, Would LOVE to see one of the Nascars do a lap there now that they turning left and right in some races. 

Redstone:

Obsidian:

8 minutes ago, Not_Sean said:

I mean thats something really impressive but at the same time 2 seconds in racing is pretty big gap, Would LOVE to see one of the Nascars do a lap there now that they turning left and right in some races. 

Tires play a big part in the lap and I'm pretty sure Pirelli supplies a much softer compound. Weight is comparable, within 100kg between GT3 spec and Supercars but the latter run on ethanol. Aspiration is a major factor as turbo cars will always be faster at altitude, before taking into account BOP.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

15 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

Tires play a big part in the lap and I'm pretty sure Pirelli supplies a much softer compound. Weight is comparable, within 100kg between GT3 spec and Supercars but the latter run on ethanol. Aspiration is a major factor as turbo cars will always be faster at altitude, before taking into account BOP.

yeah there will always be differences but for what each is it its home country they go toe to toe. and in that regards the Euros are still 2 seconds ahead, but same time GT3 is one hella epic race series the fact that V8 SC is only 2 seconds behind some of the top companies in the world at top level is really amazing.

Really just shows how much F1 and all its rules to make it fairer and more entertaining has stunted the sport. 

Redstone:

Obsidian:

35 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Hes got an old ass Asetek OEM AIO. Souper High hours that I'm trynna buy from him. 

Also because I talk to you almost every day and you seem decent

I'm going custom loop next time. Not dealing with this shitty software ever again. Would go air, but new CPUs are getting nuclear hot.

Meh, I'm not really an interesting person. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

25 minutes ago, vetali said:

I'm going custom loop next time. Not dealing with this shitty software ever again. Would go air, but new CPUs are getting nuclear hot.

Meh, I'm not really an interesting person. 

I can only go air with the kinda money I'm making right now (it's not even close to a lot), but I do wanna experiment with custom loop watercooling at some point.

4 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

I'm getting an NHD15 next and then on my next system I'm gonna go for a custom loop. Hardline tubing for everything except for the cpu block. Unless its a monoblock

Damn, nearly 90 bucks for an air cooler? I mean for that money, it better cool my cpu and my overheating ass.