Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

There is unfortunately only one of these for sale. And its a bit too expensive. And the paintjob isn't my cup of tea.

5060850233.jpg

The panel van version.Which would work quite a bit better for what i want out of it.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

2 minutes ago, techswede said:

There is unfortunately only one of these for sale. And its a bit too expensive. And the paintjob isn't my cup of tea.

5060850233.jpg

The panel van version.Which would work quite a bit better for what i want out of it.

Link?

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

15 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

The SS is kinda neat, but I don't know what to think of them. Doubt I would ever own one.

Its a knock off PT cruiser.

A PT cruiser is already at the ass end of automotive jokes. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

1 minute ago, vetali said:

Its a knock off PT cruiser.

A PT cruiser is already at the ass end of automotive jokes. 

i've been seeing so many 2.4T PT cruisers around here recently.... dunno why. 

all are kinda ratty and falling apart lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

2 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Have you ever driven a car without power brakes?

No. And i'm assuming that drift car has none at all?

Just now, bcredeur97 said:

In my area we have a club dedicated to these shitboxes. lol

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Just now, vinyldash303 said:

Well yeah, but the turbo PT is a fast moving ass end of automotive jokes

Yeah the turbos PTs rip ass.

Just the SRT4 neon exists, so no reason to ever consider one.

Just now, bcredeur97 said:

Saw the one I did the head gasket the other day on the street. Pretty hard to miss anyway, bright orange and loud exhaust. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

Just now, terrytek said:

No. And i'm assuming that drift car has none at all?

In my area we have a club dedicated to these shitboxes. lol

in a drift car the hydro e brake doesn't have power-assist. so you still have to yank pretty hard. 

and that's why the handle is always super long. more leverage.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

4 minutes ago, techswede said:

Holllllyyy fuuuuu. That thing is expensive. I mean. Looks cool. But that price hurts. 

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

In other news... I may be getting a *real* job right out of college. 

Kinda hoping it works out... still not set in stone yet. 

But yeah... things about to change for me next couple of yrs lol. want to find a home (that perhaps needs some work) to fix up in a good area (and has a garage lol) .. 

so I can park the miata... get a cheap corolla or something (thinking manual 9th gen and just clean it up real good like i did the other one... yay 40 mpg and regular fuel) and use that to commute for now (Ill probably be driving a good bit still...)

then after thats its just try to move up in the job world and pile up money. maybe have some fun with the miata eventually. We'll see how it goes...

my net worth isn't where I wanted it to be rn... :/ at least I have no debt!

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

But yeah... things about to change for me next couple of yrs lol. want to find a home (that perhaps needs some work) to fix up in a good area (and has a garage lol) .. 

so I can park the miata... get a cheap corolla or something (thinking manual 9th gen and just clean it up real good like i did the other one... yay 40 mpg and regular fuel) and use that to commute for now (Ill probably be driving a good bit still...)

then after thats its just try to move up in the job world and pile up money. maybe have some fun with the miata eventually. We'll see how it goes...

Congrats (kinda). I can't wait to be at that stage of where I (hopefully) have a solid education, and am ready to actually live and have fun. 

2 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

9th gen was the last great corolla.

Though I don't like Toyota manuals, but you may not mind it. I'm picky. 

Just now, ImadKnight said:

Holllllyyy fuuuuu. That thing is expensive. I mean. Looks cool. But that price hurts. 

They need to get some of the investment in the paint job back somehow xD

I would've liked the paint job a bit more if it went like this

mOirKXH.jpg

4 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

my net worth isn't where I wanted it to be rn... :/ at least I have no debt!

Congrats! I managed to graduate college without debt too, took a couple extra co-ops but I did it, and it was the best decision I made in college.

I remember when I was debt free. :( Once you buy a house (or two in my case) you'll be aiming for debt free again haha.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

2 minutes ago, techswede said:

They need to get some of the investment in the paint job back somehow xD

I would've liked the paint job a bit more if it went like this

mOirKXH.jpg

I don't think a paintjob + kinda crappy chevy is worth 160k :P

Went like what? 

11 minutes ago, vetali said:

9th gen was the last great corolla.

Though I don't like Toyota manuals, but you may not mind it. I'm picky. 

I rather the manual over the very sluggish auto's of the period. thats the only reason. 

Its a commuter car strictly so at the end of the day I just don't care. I just dont want it to be annoying like my 8th gen lol

The 8th gen (well the 8.5gen... the first one looked like a grandma car) in some ways was better... it's a lighter car and the suspension design in the rear was better from what I hear... they just had those first gen 1ZZ's which burned oil like crazy. So i'd rather get an 03+ for that reason. Just got to find a real clean one and throw some brand new headlights (literally $80 lol) on it... some very clean modern-looking wheels (if i dont get one with alloys) perhaps from a newer corolla and maybe a not-much-effort paint correction and then it'll be a good little car that no one will dog me for having "old ratty car" that looks bad parked in front of their business...

I mean I could even change out all the carpet and everything on the inside for <$500 lol.. .dirt cheap cars to own.

Spoiler

Just now, ImadKnight said:

I don't think a paintjob + kinda crappy chevy is worth 160k :P

Went like what? 

Look at the original image and back to my edit. But yeah i'd probably pay a maximum of 100k for it. If its in as good condition as the pics claim.

6 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

Congrats! I managed to graduate college without debt too, took a couple extra co-ops but I did it, and it was the best decision I made in college.

I remember when I was debt free. :( Once you buy a house (or two in my case) you'll be aiming for debt free again haha.

haha. Yeah Houses are just too expensive... always that one obstacle you have to overcome...

I figured the best thing I can probably do is live with my parents for another year or 2 (since ill be working close by) and fix up an older home in my spare time. I can do anything... just need the time. That way I can have a pretty nice place that is worth a lot for not a ton of money (little to no labor cost)... will probably still have a mortgage but hopefully I can put a big down payment. 

then I'm thinking of inviting at least one of my close friends (if i find a 2br place) to live there while he looks for a home of his own.. help pay for some of it in the meantime)

idk we'll see how it goes...

Spoiler

1 minute ago, techswede said:

Look at the original image and back to my edit. But yeah i'd probably pay a maximum of 100k for it. If its in as good condition as the pics claim.

Ah nooow I see it. Yeah that white makes the front look kinda droppy. 

I'd just get a vw caddy for like 50k and drop it + add nice rims. That's what most company vans around sthlm look like.

FB_IMG_1507401185157.jpg?width=468&heigh

So I had 10/10 fun today

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

1 minute ago, ImadKnight said:

Ah nooow I see it. Yeah that white makes the front look kinda droppy. 

I'd just get a vw caddy for like 50k and drop it + add nice rims. That's what most company vans around sthlm look like.

Caddys are crazy affordable. So that isn't too bad. Second gens rust like crazy though.

3 minutes ago, techswede said:

Caddys are crazy affordable. So that isn't too bad. Second gens rust like crazy though.

Exactly, crazy cheap for the money. 

Case in point: Jag vill tipsa om en annons på Blocket: Volkswagen CADDY 1.6TDI DRAG D-VÄRM/DRAG http://www.blocket.se/vi/75648038.htm

Jag vill tipsa om en annons på Blocket: Volkswagen Caddy 1.9 TDI Maxi Skåp Campervan http://www.blocket.se/vi/75856415.htm

The phone interview I had yesterday... me and the (owner of the company actually) got along so well that we talked for an hour and 17 minutes and it wasn't me doing all the talking lol.. very nice guy wanted to get an idea of who I was and what I knew and what I do currently at the Tabasco office. and also talked about general things ill be doing and what they go through everyday.

His company is a decent size... still a local business so nothing too crazy... but they provide IT services for many businesses in the area and in Houston. Which is why im assuming I'll probably still have to be driving a lot (hence the corolla idea... I'd like a backup car anyway)

So I think he likes me... he told me he would give me a call tues to schedule an in-person. :)

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, ImadKnight said:

Exactly, crazy cheap for the money. 

Case in point: Jag vill tipsa om en annons på Blocket: Volkswagen CADDY 1.6TDI DRAG D-VÄRM/DRAG http://www.blocket.se/vi/75648038.htm

Jag vill tipsa om en annons på Blocket: Volkswagen Caddy 1.9 TDI Maxi Skåp Campervan http://www.blocket.se/vi/75856415.htm

The campervan would be amazing if i had anywhere to park a second car xD 

1 minute ago, bcredeur97 said:

The phone interview I had yesterday... me and the (owner of the company actually) got along so well that we talked for an hour and 17 minutes and it wasn't me doing all the talking lol.. very nice guy wanted to get an idea of who I was and what I knew and what I do currently at the Tabasco office. and also talked about general things ill be doing and what they go through everyday.

His company is a decent size... still a local business so nothing too crazy... but they provide IT services for many businesses in the area and in Houston. Which is why im assuming I'll probably still have to be driving a lot (hence the corolla idea... I'd like a backup car anyway)

So I think he likes me... he told me he would give me a call tues to schedule an in-person. :)

Good luck then :) It'll probably go well.