Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

@AlwaysFSX moved to Germany, wat

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

3 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Yeah, on the 29th.

But your beloved desert

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

11 hours ago, vinyldash303 said:

New brake pads should be here tomorrow. That wear indicator is so damn annoying. 

Yay more ebc yellowstuff. 

How bad are they on dust? I know your wheels were pretty caked, but were they that bad before hand? Looking at getting some myself

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

46 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

I've met four people so far I could actually speak with in English, odds are low so far.

But that's not fashionable! -grandparents

I thought it was zombies..

Really only three places I'll be driving to and I know two of them have sufficient parking.

Oh god no, there's champagne ready for when they kick their buckets. They're the last people I want to see.

Sprich langsam mit mir. Ich bin nicht aus deutschland also works. (My grammar is terrible though) 

Your grandparents seem like.. Interesting people xD 

I googled it. Its demons. I got learned today.

Here's an example of the parking spaces here. 

oKCTbi0.jpg

Also shows the excellent ground clearance of the F body. I'm at full lock there to check tyre thread.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

5 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

Oooo case talk!

The InWin 101 is a terrible case, theres almost no good airflow in it sadly.

Snapchat-1624446952.thumb.jpg.e8818c42d1efba1033944056f64572fb.jpg

You can see the "zit" over to the side, as already mentioned its not a fan location but a magnetic cable management puck (it actually can come half apart for really long cables like for VR headsets, which this case is designed for with it's front I/O HDMI passthrough)

P400 is very good, it trades blows with the S340 im almost every way. 

Fractal Design Just rerleased the Define C with TEMPERED GLASS!!!!! Woo! Go Sweden!

Also Phanteks has the Enthoo Pro M TG, a Sub $100 USD case (so competing with s340/p400) but with more watercooling support

There's also the be quiet! Dark Base Pro 600, Corsair 460X, MasterCase Maker 5T, Thermaltake View31 or Core x31 or Supressor F31, (all different stylings of the same case, but the stand out feature is the built in GPU riser support, F31 shown below)

11-133-334-V19.jpg?w=660&h=500

Anyways, check if any of these cases are available "in a store/website near you"!

Holy crap you really went to town. 

So I shouldn't get the inwin 101. 

S340 and p400 are both good. Got it. 

Fractal design is too bland for me to be honest. 

Il check out the other ones you recommend. The thing that annoys me with a lot of cases is the empty space where you can put in drive bays THAT THEY SELL SEPARATELY. 

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

1 minute ago, vinyldash303 said:

Somebody get this man coilovers. 

Thats Almost S10 level ground clearance

Somebody get this man a new car.* 

Fixed it. 

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

2 minutes ago, ImadKnight said:

Holy crap you really went to town. 

So I shouldn't get the inwin 101. 

S340 and p400 are both good. Got it. 

Fractal design is too bland for me to be honest. 

Il check out the other ones you recommend. The thing that annoys me with a lot of cases is the empty space where you can put in drive bays THAT THEY SELL SEPARATELY. 

I really like PC cases :P

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU AMD R7 7800X3D    Motherboard Asrock B650E Taichi Lite    RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 5200mhz    GPU ASUS RTX4080 STRIX 

Case Fractal Torrent   Storage Samsung 980Pro 2TB, Crucial P3 Plus 4TB x2,     PSU Corsair RM1000x    Cooling Deepcool AK620

3 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

I really like PC cases :P

Where were you when I started this? :P

3 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Somebody get this man coilovers. 

Thats Almost S10 level ground clearance

Gotta get myself some of these

king_100mm_0246.jpg

1 minute ago, ImadKnight said:

Somebody get this man a new car.* 

Fixed it. 

on8CCCS.gif

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

1 minute ago, vinyldash303 said:

I'd whip a catfish LS1 Camaro. I think they're ugly but I'd whip one. 

if you buy forza motorsport 7, it's in there.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

2 minutes ago, ImadKnight said:

Where were you when I started this? :P

I dont browse the forums as much on weekends! D:

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU AMD R7 7800X3D    Motherboard Asrock B650E Taichi Lite    RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 5200mhz    GPU ASUS RTX4080 STRIX 

Case Fractal Torrent   Storage Samsung 980Pro 2TB, Crucial P3 Plus 4TB x2,     PSU Corsair RM1000x    Cooling Deepcool AK620

1 minute ago, TVwazhere said:

I dont browse the forums as much on weekends! D:

I see. 

3 minutes ago, techswede said:

Gotta get myself some of these

on8CCCS.gif

Damn. Death-gif count is going up. 

Just now, ImadKnight said:

I see. 

Damn. Death-gif count is going up. 

Its just a werewolf giving you the finger. 

Just now, techswede said:

Its just a werewolf giving you the finger. 

Yeah but the context is still 'im going to rip you apart'. 

Yeah but the context is still 'im going to rip you apart'. 

Its a Wes Craven werewolf. Worst thing it'll do to you is make your movies even worse.

Just now, techswede said:

Its a Wes Craven werewolf. Worst thing it'll do to you is make your movies even worse.

I've never actually heard of Wes Craven. Not really a fan of horror movies. Love zombie/apocalypse movies though. 

I've never actually heard of Wes Craven. Not really a fan of horror movies. Love zombie/apocalypse movies though. 

He excels at making horror movies that are really cheesy and i'm not a huge fan. 

I'm a bit zombied out. The latest ZOMBIE EVERYTHING craze just ruined it 

2 minutes ago, techswede said:

He excels at making horror movies that are really cheesy and i'm not a huge fan. 

I'm a bit zombied out. The latest ZOMBIE EVERYTHING craze just ruined it 

Check out zombieland if you haven't already. Reealy well made movie. 

I end up ruining movies for myself by pointing out all the flaws with them...

Check out zombieland if you haven't already. Reealy well made movie. 

I end up ruining movies for myself by pointing out all the flaws with them...

Loved zombieland. I've pretty much watched all the decent ones though.

1 minute ago, techswede said:

Loved zombieland. I've pretty much watched all the decent ones though.

Yeah same. I've run out of good movies to watch online. And the cinema is freaking expensive. 

29 minutes ago, ImadKnight said:

I really like Be Quiet's drive bay implementation, but I've only built in the DB900 Pro (dont know if the 600 is on your list)

Folding@Home | BOINC