Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Most people (esp. in the US) know Skylines just from the hi-po GT-R version from the Fast n Furious franchise. Many know little more about it. It's actually an entire line of cars that has been in production for decades, much like the BMW 5, or whatever other example you want to use. 

I could go WAAAYY more into depth about Skylines, but then I would be writing paragraphs upon paragraphs of stuff/knowledge I have amassed about them over the years haha. 

I knew that they have been around for a while. just none of the real details. Like you said. Most is just Fast and Furious over here.

Blarg

rfzal12inydo3yvge7zw.jpg

Doesn't look any different from any other japanese 90's sedan does it?

lol

This could might as well be the ultimate Skyline sleeper.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Well, technically, it's also because of the R35 which is legal here. 

Go ahead, a lot of gearheads would love it.

I think most people knew about Paul Walker's BNR34 before they did R35's, but having R35's in the states certainly did help

Nah man. I've been raving about Skylines since Page 2 of this thread.. I think people probably have had enough 

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=3725349

:D

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

This could might as well be the ultimate Skyline sleeper.

The GXi was the only R32 without the RB motor (pretty sure it came with an I4 of sorts - edit: CA18 pushing a whopping 90hp xD). So unless that thing has had an engine swap or a load of modification, it's not going anywhere very quickly :P

Would make a great sleeper though

I knew that they have been around for a while. just none of the real details. Like you said. Most is just Fast and Furious over here.

I'll admit, FnF is where my Skyline addiction started, but it's gone a long way since then 

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I honestly want a white CX-3. We already have a black Corolla, and with a white CX-3, it's like black and white pairs, only with common people cars.

I'd rather have a Mazda 6 Wagon. Would like to see what it'd look like lowered and without roof rails.

2014-mazda-6-station-wagon-main.jpg

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

I'd rather have a Mazda 6 Wagon. Would like to see what it'd look like lowered and without roof rails.

2014-mazda-6-station-wagon-main.jpg

But the CX-3 is coming this year. IDK about a 6 Wagon. If you remember, they didn't sell well, so it was discontinued after the first gen.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

That's actually a pretty good comparison xD

-snip-

Not too far off

It's a color burned into my memory for some reason... I try to use it as a descriptor for other boring, plain things, but 99% of people just look at me funny.

But the CX-3 is coming this year. IDK about a 6 Wagon. If you remember, they didn't sell well, so it was discontinued after the first gen.

You sure? There seem to be a few 2nd gen wagons in the metal

2014-mazda-6-wagon-revealed-stateside-apMazda_6_Wagon_(2).jpg

Mazda6-wagon-profile-tracking.jpg

2014-Mazda6-wagon-modified.jpg

You sure? There seem to be a few 2nd gen wagons in the metal

Not in America they don't.

Not in America they don't.

Oh, when you said "discontinued' I assumed you meant they stopped making them all together

check this one out

Stance-Nation-Japan-04-1200x800.jpg

#hellaflush     #slammed    #stancenation    #stickerbomb    #purple    #yolo

Oh, when you said "discontinued' I assumed you meant they stopped making them all together

check this one out

#hellaflush     #slammed    #stancenation    #stickerbomb    #yolo

No, they only sold the first gens with wagon models, then they realized the wagon wasn't selling well, so the second gen and so forth were discontinued, in North America at least.

Don't know why wagons don't sell in America.

It's a mystery to me.

Probably cus people are self conscious or something

System: Thinkpad T460

Don't know why wagons don't sell in America.

It's a mystery to me.

Probably cus people are self conscious or something

Really the only wagons that sell in good numbers here are the 525xi and the 325xi, really. Americans aren't really into wagons, really. They're into their "muscle" cars.

No, they only sold the first gens with wagon models, then they realized the wagon wasn't selling well, so the second gen and so forth were discontinued, in North America at least.

Wagons don't do well in America for some reason :/

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

Really the only wagons that sell in good numbers here are the 525xi and the 325xi, really. Americans aren't really into wagons, really. They're into their "muscle" cars.

Nah I'd say the Outback/Forester sell the most.

System: Thinkpad T460

Nah I'd say the Outback/Forester sell the most.

Totally forgot those. And let's not forget the Impreza wagon that later became a hatch.

Stupid americans think it's embarrassing driving a wagon, especially the 70s and 80s models. i personally would kill to drive an e39 m5, even more if it was a WAGON.

Stupid americans think it's embarrassing driving a wagon, especially the 70s and 80s models. i personally would kill to drive an e39 m5, even more if it was a WAGON.

I love wagons, IMO wagons make the best sleepers!

Exactly my point. I mean, you can have a nice normal looking E39 wagon and stuff an S85 M5 engine in there and nobody would notice.

Except for the Dodge Magnum.. (I don't know sales numbers, but I see a lot of them)

Exactly my point. I mean, you can have a nice normal looking E39 wagon and stuff an S85 M5 engine in there and nobody would notice.

Or you could get a Subaru Liberty (Legacy) and stick a turbocharged 3.6L Flat 6 in there, that makes a pretty good sleeper too.

Except for the Dodge Magnum..

But even that was a flop. That was gone by 2008.

I want to get this car and make it look like a normal E class and then race ricers and make them cry

2014-mercedes-benz-e-class_100414547_l.j

Muh rig: i7 4770k, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, MSI Z87 G45, Kingston Hyper X Blu 8GB, Samsung 840 EVO 120 + WD Blue 1 TB, Asus GTX 770 2GB, Corsair 200r + 2x Corsair AF 120 Blue + 1x Stock corsair fan, Corsair TX650, LG 27EA33V IPS, Steelseries Sensei Raw + QCK mini, CM Quickfire Ultimate Blue.

Exactly! 

snip

I like the 5th gen more. I want a 5th or 4th gen leggy GT as my first car :)

legacy.jpg

I want to get this car and make it look like a normal E class and then race ricers and make them cry

~~

Take off the V8 Biturbo badge and put on an "E320" badge and you're good to go :D Some nice 16's wouldnt hurt. and some black paint on those calipers