Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

9 minutes ago, Maybach123 said:

not terbile for anitque rifel ones i saw were around 2k dollars in great condition with just the right amount of patina 

Not too bad for "The gun that won the west"

18 minutes ago, vetali said:

And put them on a Supra. More disgusted with the shitty body kit and side outlet exhaust. Least the wheels you can fix. 

Most of it is fixable. Just takes a lot of unnecessary spending..

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

thoughts on this? It's being sold by a collision place, but they are trying to dump it. it was posted for 2900 originally.

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/wsh/ctd/5541863501.html

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

9 minutes ago, FuzzyYellow said:

thoughts on this? It's being sold by a collision place, but they are trying to dump it. it was posted for 2900 originally.

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/wsh/ctd/5541863501.html

I'd be concerned that they are asking for a sacrifice in the ad. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

5 minutes ago, vetali said:

I'd be concerned that they are asking for a sacrifice in the ad. 

yeah, that's kinda weird...

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

18 minutes ago, FuzzyYellow said:

yeah, that's kinda weird...

Probably not bad though. They're more likely to tell you the details of the repair than an owner would. Usually they'll get a mechanics lien if the owner doesn't make payments and sell the car. 

Seats kinda look like someone died in it though lol. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

4 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Could always be the old dude sitting on a porch with a shotgun watching your vehicle 24/7.

Reminded me of the old movie, "secondhand lions" 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

asians have surprisingly good car taste. today, i saw a lexus is f, lancer evo x, a bagged mkiv gti vr6, mercedes gla45 amg, and 2 bmw e39 m5s :x and boy did those m5s look nice.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Spent a little care time with the ST this afternoon. Fresh oil change and a bath :D

2016-04-16%2012.24.06_zpsrliwrybl.jpg

20160416_140524_zpsr5lfp84i.jpg

2 hours ago, vinyldash303 said:

I wouldn't leave it in there at all times, everything I will have will be taken inside the house at night and carried out in the morning. It's kind of like, these aren't cheap to be able to have, but legal, but if it is discharged in an incident, you don't want that weapon to then be tied up as evidence for 5 years before getting it back. 

Sounds to me like you want a Glock... 

My CCW gun is a Glock 19, so no hate from me.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

26 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

It's something to look into. Why don't you use Motorcraft filters with your oil changes? They make em for the FoST don't they?

Because with these Frams I can get a larger filter element with a finer filter material, since I change my oil so often I can get away with this. ;)

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

1 hour ago, Real_PhillBert said:

Spent a little care time with the ST this afternoon. Fresh oil change and a bath :D

Sounds to me like you want a Glock... 

My CCW gun is a Glock 19, so no hate from me.

Y u FRAM?

Also, the law about engine swap conversations always having the 2JZ and LS1 always being a suggestion, that's the Glock for a CCW conversation.

33 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

Because with these Frams I can get a larger filter element with a finer filter material, since I change my oil so often I can get away with this. ;)

for my 1zz I just buy 2zz OEM filters from toyota off of amazon. I buy them in packs of 5. Cheaper than going get filters from the store and they are larger so that works out great. and it's OEM so it cant be terrible.

I do prefer Purolator PureOne filters however. I use those on my dads VQ, also a taller size for him. No reason not to go with a slightly larger filter imo, not like it's that much more expensive.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

17 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Y u FRAM?

Also, the law about engine swap conversations always having the 2JZ and LS1 always being a suggestion, that's the Glock for a CCW conversation.

I believe he used the "nice" fram filters which unlike the cheapskate ones, are actually not that bad.

Spoiler

1 minute ago, vinyldash303 said:

You get more oil per oil in the motor so the oil doesn't go bad as fast. I use the deep filters with my changes. More filter per filter, more flow (in theory). Probably doesn't make much difference but why not?

honestly i wonder if it would be better if I used small filters in my car sometimes because i burn oil. so when my stick reads half a quart low, since I have a bit of extra capacity I wonder if that means it's actually lower than that, Thus costing me more. Or am I thinking about that the wrong way. The engine should burn oil at the rate it burns oil, so ill never add more than what I would have added anyway??

Spoiler

I.. Just realized that i haven't checked the oil in my golf for a loooong time..

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

10 minutes ago, techswede said:

I.. Just realized that i haven't checked the oil in my golf for a loooong time..

Haha I just ran into the garage and checked the dipstick and mileage on my dads car. Half a quart low and 3300 miles since last change. Could of been worse.

edit: he also crossed over 220K miles 

Spoiler

1 minute ago, bcredeur97 said:

Haha I just ran into the garage and checked the dipstick and mileage on my dads car. Half a quart low and 3300 miles since last change. Could of been worse.

I'm afraid to check mine.. I revved it out completely today on the way home from a store..

3 minutes ago, techswede said:

I'm afraid to check mine.. I revved it out completely today on the way home from a store..

youll be fine. I think.

When I first got my corolla I revved the snot out of it for a week. (didn't know a thing then lol) I suddenly decided to check the dipstick one day and there wasn't a drop visible on the dipstick. I quickly filled it up with oil and have babied it since (it also sounded a lot different when it had oil in it... unknowledgable me discovered). Still rev it quite a bit but it's been fine so far... when it dies though ill be wondering how much longer it would have lasted had I not been stupid and done that xD 

Spoiler

11 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

You get more oil per oil in the motor so the oil doesn't go bad as fast. I use the deep filters with my changes. More filter per filter, more flow (in theory). Probably doesn't make much difference but why not?

What you really get with a larger finer filter is equal flow but with finer particulate filtration. If you use a finer filter of the standard size you restrict flow and increase pressure, on the other end of the spectrum would be a larger filter with similar granularity and get increased flow and reduced pressure but with similar filtration. I opt for the best of both worlds by using a finer filter element with larger area. Similar flow and pressures as factory but with finer filtration, the downside is that you can clog up these filters easier with contaminants, but with how often I change my oil that's not much of an issue.

2 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

youll be fine. I think.

When I first got my corolla I revved the snot out of it for a week. (didn't know a thing then lol) I suddenly decided to check the dipstick one day and there wasn't a drop visible on the dipstick. I quickly filled it up with oil and have babied it since (it also sounded a lot different when it had oil in it... unknowledgable me discovered). Still rev it quite a bit but it's been fine so far... when it dies though ill be wondering how much longer it would have lasted had I not been stupid and done that xD 

Yeah it'll probably be fine. Never been a fan of willful negligence though :/

24 minutes ago, techswede said:

Has oil? Still good!

5 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Has oil? Still good!

There should be a warning light right?

1 minute ago, techswede said:

There should be a warning light right?

Depends, what year is it? :P

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Depends, what year is it? :P