Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

1 hour ago, techswede said:

-snip- 

sorry for snipping everything, it is literally huge

lemme explain the "plastic" so basically on the inner frame of the tire, they have this bendable plastic metal mix i think its like a tire supporter, if you run on smooth roads its fine, but once you daily rive on bumps then the tire "plastic or whatever" starts to bend and dent, causing the car to get extreme bumpiness, i actually dont know if it causes bumpiness, but i don know that bump roads can cause the damage as ie seen it myself at a mechanic shop

also i ain't in favor of 2 spark plugs per cylinder, because then i'm pretty sure that it can cause engine to mistime the spark ignition, or if one fails in car while riving, it could just break the engine completely because you don't know that 1 stop working and then 2 spark plug concept just bad, but same could happen with 1 spark plug per cylinder, but its more noticeable. 

The ac problem(once saw on reddit), i not saying this is omon, but this could happen to soe mercedes ecu idk what caused this issue, i just say a reddit where his ac would only blow hot air all time and he couldn't stop it blowing so he put a metal like tubing or like box tubes you can say, an redirected air to different sport because he didn't want to pay 12k for a whole ac rebuild

lemme say this before i get roasted, i literally never owned a bmw, mercedes, or audi, or porsche, these are problems i found on blogs, videos, reddits, forums, etc, easy to find issues just py browsing forums (like for example i was browsing d16 forums and i found 1000whp d16.)

19 minutes ago, FakeFBI said:

is back, my conclusion on german cars

expensive buy, expensive fix, expensive german shit tech that literally don't fucking need even for a luxury 540i or something

they are still cool cars if you maintain them, but if your some guy in your early 20's avoid the car

Watch me buy an E34 at 21/22 then xD

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

1 minute ago, bcredeur97 said:

or just buy a lexus, lol. it's a little dull but it's luxurious and because you can buy them off older folk, they are well taken care of.

i just realized that theirs a million 2jz lexus's for cheap, but they all automatic mega sad

1 minute ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Watch me buy an E34 at 21/22 then xD

your decision, i say europe has a mega bigger chance of maintaining them because germany is like right there.

1 minute ago, FakeFBI said:

i just realized that theirs a million 2jz lexus's for cheap, but they all automatic mega sad

and non-turbo lol. 

But they last a while if you take care of them lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

3 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

and non-turbo lol. 

But they last a while if you take care of them lol

and realized that the only non chonker lexus's are the is300 and sc400, the gs is like mega chonk

EDIT: guys i found these cool altezza/is 300 wallpapers, (these are not mine, but they are very nice)

wp7074533.jpg

wp6789770.jpg

8 minutes ago, FakeFBI said:

sorry for snipping everything, it is literally huge

lemme explain the "plastic" so basically on the inner frame of the tire, they have this bendable plastic metal mix i think its like a tire supporter, if you run on smooth roads its fine, but once you daily rive on bumps then the tire "plastic or whatever" starts to bend and dent, causing the car to get extreme bumpiness, i actually dont know if it causes bumpiness, but i don know that bump roads can cause the damage as ie seen it myself at a mechanic shop

also i ain't in favor of 2 spark plugs per cylinder, because then i'm pretty sure that it can cause engine to mistime the spark ignition, or if one fails in car while riving, it could just break the engine completely because you don't know that 1 stop working and then 2 spark plug concept just bad, but same could happen with 1 spark plug per cylinder, but its more noticeable. 

The ac problem(once saw on reddit), i not saying this is omon, but this could happen to soe mercedes ecu idk what caused this issue, i just say a reddit where his ac would only blow hot air all time and he couldn't stop it blowing so he put a metal like tubing or like box tubes you can say, an redirected air to different sport because he didn't want to pay 12k for a whole ac rebuild

lemme say this before i get roasted, i literally never owned a bmw, mercedes, or audi, or porsche, these are problems i found on blogs, videos, reddits, forums, etc, easy to find issues just py browsing forums (like for example i was browsing d16 forums and i found 1000whp d16.)

1 Wait. Do you mean run flat tyres?. those are optional

2. Nissan did twinspark in the 80s. Hell multiple manufacturers have done it. It works well enough

3. One fault does not condemn a whole company.

I'm not saying mercs are the best cars in the world even though carl benz invented the automobile
I'm just saying all cars have faults. 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

1 minute ago, techswede said:

Aren't you forgetting about the Mazda Protege?

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

ok i guess your right that cars have faults but does not effect whole company, but in parts of usa, german ca are just plain expensive and sometimes conditions of weather, temperature, and climate can decide those things,

Just now, JoaoPRSousa said:

Does that thing even count.
Its perfection in automotive form. Unbeatable in every single way.
Gospel of Terrence. 4.18

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

2 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

surprisingly i don't know much bout it, is it terrible?

EDIT: techswede just said its perfetion, im guessing that means its really good

ok i guess your right that cars have faults but does not effect whole company, but in parts of usa, german ca are just plain expensive and sometimes conditions of weather, temperature, and climate can decide those things,

Weather is not exclusive to the united states.

2 minutes ago, techswede said:

Weather is not exclusive to the united states.

well that is true, but my uncle says his old volkswagon in poland was cheap to fix its belt, spark plugs, and he had to install a need water pump i think

EDIT: not comparing to weather, im saying regions have cheaper parts than others

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

well that is true, but my uncle says his old volkswagon in poland was cheap to fix its belt, spark plugs, and he had to install a need water pump i think

EDIT: not comparing to weather, im saying regions have cheaper parts than others

bruh

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

2 minutes ago, FakeFBI said:

I could get cheaper parts for my golf in poland just due to exchange rates. Everything is cheap in poland.
I doubt a VW is even that much more to fix in the states compared to here in sweden. They're made in mexico 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

5 minutes ago, vetali said:

2 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

guys they just blank for me, im guessing its a video, whenever using my laptop they are just blank, lemme check out these videos on my phone

4 minutes ago, techswede said:

I could get cheaper parts for my golf in poland just due to exchange rates. Everything is cheap in poland.
I doubt a VW is even that much more to fix in the states compared to here in sweden. They're made in mexico 

i cant really answer if its cheaper in sweden as i've never been there, all these are kind of a mix of facts more opinions, and its ok if you guys think im completely wrong (which i probably am) but lets change topics from the "german cars unreliable chat" as it could go on foreveer and ive prorably been just blabbing opinions

9 minutes ago, FakeFBI said:

i cant really answer if its cheaper in sweden as i've never been there, all these are kind of a mix of facts more opinions, and its ok if you guys think im completely wrong (which i probably am) but lets change topics from the "german cars unreliable chat" as it could go on foreveer and ive prorably been just blabbing opinions

A water pump for a 2008 passat 2.0 turbo is $10 cheaper on autozone than it is on mekonomen. 
But yeah. Let's change the subject.

4 minutes ago, techswede said:

But yeah. Let's change the subject

i think i have a good question

what rims to put on my civic, they have the stock steel rims with covers, they look good but they just not my taste, should i just shove some bbs rims on like these, tell me your opinions, btw i would like rims to be like 17-18 inches or lower

s-l400.jpg

Just now, FakeFBI said:

i think i have a good question

what rims to put on my civic, they have the stock steel rims with covers, they look good but they just not my taste, should i just shove some bbs rims on like these, tell me your opinions, btw i would like rims to be like 17-18 inches or lower

What year and model? I forgot

Just now, techswede said:

What year and model? I forgot

1998 civic ex, its automatic and has stock suspension still if that helps

6 minutes ago, FakeFBI said:

1998 civic ex, its automatic and has stock suspension still if that helps

Some AEZ crests perhaps
aez-crest-dark.jpg

Some AEZ crests perhaps
aez-crest-dark.jpg

mmm, good looks, but kinda looks like idk how to descirbe it , i also dont want black, what are your opinions about the bbs lm 17x7.5 rims