Scrapyard Wars in current state of GPU and RAM market.

Guest metalhusky

Hi,

does anybody think it would be interesting to see them try finding deals right now?

And i don't mean for a mining rig, which i saw people talking about, i mean a regular gaming build, just do it in the current state of market.

Did the already talk about it at some point?

I'd like to see that

Try using the PSU Tier List! 

How to reset the bios/clear the cmos

My current rig:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x

Ram: 1x16gb DDR4, 2x8gb DDR4

Storage: 1tb nvme ssd

GPU: gtx 3080

Monitor: 23.8" Dell S2417DG 144hz g-sync 1440p + 27" Acer S271HL 60 Hz 1080p

Keyboard: ducky one I | I SF

Mouse: gpro wireless | glorious model o2 wireless

Sound : beyerdynamic 1990 pro | Monoprice liquid spark (amp) + topping d10 (dac)

I want to see them do another Scrapyard wars, However the whole PC has to be a micro atx formfactor, and MUST be watercooled, also no laptops, they must use smartphones only.   And do the whole thing dressed in cosplay.

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

29 minutes ago, Kierax said:

I want to see them do another Scrapyard wars, However the whole PC has to be a micro atx formfactor, and MUST be watercooled, also no laptops, they must use smartphones only.   And do the whole thing dressed in cosplay.

I think that might be taking it just a bit too far.

3 minutes ago, BluJay614 said:

I think that might be taking it just a bit too far.

I want to see Linus and Jayz in a cosplay with the single most sketch watercooled Micro ATX system ever made.

It would be hilarious :D 

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

3 minutes ago, Kierax said:

I want to see Linus and Jayz in a cosplay with the single most sketch watercooled Micro ATX system ever made.

It would be hilarious :D 

Let us agree to disagree

Just now, BluJay614 said:

Let us agree to disagree

Image result for austin evans pink onesie

1 minute ago, Kierax said:

Image result for austin evans pink onesie

I'm actually mildly disturbed........ and this is coming from someone who has been to quite a few anime conventions.

On 2/28/2018 at 12:01 PM, Kierax said:

That sounds interesting. :)

I was thinking ... Best possible gaming experience using a single-slot passively cooled GPU. xD If they use onboard/iGPU/APU, they can't use any cooler better than stock, and Ryzen+Vega is forbidden. :P

On 2/28/2018 at 12:19 PM, metalhusky said:

-

If you want a gpu, you have to pay up which is a term used for over paying. You want to game with a good gpu you have to pay up, or just deal with what you have and lower the settings, otherwise buy used. Its a simple fix really.

They need to do scrapyard wars with a budget of $10

Little Timmy needs a new GPU to play games. He found a GPU on craigslist. After contacting the seller, he got him to agree to sell it to him at the asking price.

But here comes Linus, who offers to pay extra for it all for the sake of beating Luke in Scrapyard Wars.

Scummy seller wants more money so he cancel on little Timmy at the last minute, even though Timmy was waiting for the seller to arrive at the pre-arranged destination.

On his way back home, dejected, Timmy happens to see his idol, Linus, who seems to be buying a video card off the street. That looks a lot like the video card I was going to buy, thought Timmy, but he gave it no more thoughts and went back home.

Linus built his scrap PC and lost the competition, again. Leaving the completed build gathering dust in a warehouse, never actually using it.

It was then that Little Timmy watched the latest season of Scrapyard Wars, only to see, on camera, Linus offering to pay more to the seller who said he had just sold it and was going to meet him, perfectly matching his misadventure.

Timmy is mad because he could've used that GPU, so he sends Anthrax in the mail to Linus.

RIP in peace Linus.

So no, I wouldn't want to see that. In this current overpriced market, he'd just be taking parts away from those who actually need them because they can't afford to buy brand new ones.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

On 2/28/2018 at 12:01 PM, Kierax said:

I was thinking that they must survive on a 500MB or 1 GB cellular data limit (not including wifi), though if they're in an area with lots of wifi, not much point.

I'd certainly loke to see the budget squeezed enough where cards older than just last gen are used, or the players get really creative about selling hardware.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

55 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Little Timmy needs a new GPU to play games. He found a GPU on craigslist. After contacting the seller, he got him to agree to sell it to him at the asking price.

But here comes Linus, who offers to pay extra for it all for the sake of beating Luke in Scrapyard Wars.

Scummy seller wants more money so he cancel on little Timmy at the last minute, even though Timmy was waiting for the seller to arrive at the pre-arranged destination.

On his way back home, dejected, Timmy happens to see his idol, Linus, who seems to be buying a video card off the street. That looks a lot like the video card I was going to buy, thought Timmy, but he gave it no more thoughts and went back home.

Linus built his scrap PC and lost the competition, again. Leaving the completed build gathering dust in a warehouse, never actually using it.

It was then that Little Timmy watched the latest season of Scrapyard Wars, only to see, on camera, Linus offering to pay more to the seller who said he had just sold it and was going to meet him, perfectly matching his misadventure.

Timmy is mad because he could've used that GPU, so he sends Anthrax in the mail to Linus.

RIP in peace Linus.

So no, I wouldn't want to see that. In this current overpriced market, he'd just be taking parts away from those who actually need them because they can't afford to buy brand new ones.

If anything, it will probably be Luke (or some other competitor) that kills Linus at some point. I'd like to see a game of Monopoly on Channel Super Fun.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

no but the real question Cosplay what ?

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

It would probably have to be budget PCs again cause the midrange/higher end definitely won't be worth it considering. If NZXT is still selling builds via BLD with GPUs at MSRP it would be even harder to build something competitive I would say.  

I would do, budget PCs under 500 bucks that can game popular titles like PUBG/Fornite/GTA V/OW/BF1 etc... 60fps@1080p. I think a lot of console guys are trying to jump into PCMR but it's super tough to get something with decent value right now. That being said DDR3 prices aren't too crazy, older Sandy and Ivy Bridge CPUs can still hold their own for a lot of these titles and older Kepler cards are still pretty easy to find for a decent amount of change and even some Maxwell era cards can be had even in this inflated GPU market. Even older R9s or maybe even some later HD cards can still hang if you're not maxing settings. 

Maybe make it 600 bucks and toss in a kb/m as well as monitors and speakers to see if you can do a whole budget setup. :P

2 hours ago, TetraSky said:

RIP in peace Linus.

Maybe Timmy should've brought cash in hand, same day. After all, sales are only final when the product is in your hands and the money is in mine! :)

8 hours ago, Eduard the weeb said:

no but the real question Cosplay what ?

Hello Kitty, and Pokemon.  For every minute of the Scrapyard War episodes.  

Why not a Scrapyard wars where they buy readily available used gpu's and do test benches on them oldies.

I could see this premise as being an interesting concept for a new SYW season in and of itself.  Basically, who can build the cheapest predefined setup based totally on their "scavenging" skills.  Say, the PC must have a Broadwell CPU, 16GB of DDR3, a Maxwell or Fiji-based video card, etc.  Then weight the total score on performance and total cost.  Boom Linus, you can credit me at the end of the series!  :D

Intel Core i7 4930K @ 4.7GHz | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | 2 x EVGA GTX Titan SC (1254MHz) | 16GB Patriot Viper Extreme DDR3 2133MHz (4 x 4GB) | Corsair AX1200 | Silverstone Temjin TJ11 | Corsair Force 3 240GB (System) | 2 x Intel 320 160GB SSD (Dedicated Gaming Drives) | Hitachi Deskstar 1TB (Data) | MS Windows 10 Pro | EK Supreme HF/FC-Titan/Rampage IV Extreme blocks | Hardware Labs GTX 560/240 rads | Alphacool VPP-655 D5 pump | Bitspower mod kit/pump top/fittings/120mm res

On 28/02/2018 at 3:41 PM, TheGlenlivet said:

You only have ...... $3000 to buy parts!!!   9_9

That limits them to like a..... gtx 630m in this market 

Or permit them a better budget, however, they must use a unicycle for collecting parts at least once. 

Linus dressed a Pikachu on a unicycle buying a 980Ti would just make 2018 :D