Alienware area 51

Nasa34

So last week I had a house fire and lost everything including my area 51. I was able to get my rig out of the basement where it sat for 24 hours under 4 feet of water. Is it possible that if I dry it out fully could it ever work

I think it's possible. I would be very OCD about drying everything out. Remove every part to dry them. RAM, CPU, everything. Be very careful with the power supply. I normally advise people not to disassemble them. I do, but I'm comfortable handling high voltage electronics due to my profession. Just disassemble every component to the best of your abilities, and dry everything fully. There's no guarantee, but I would try it if I couldn't afford to replace it. If nothing else, you might salvage some of the components.

Sorry for your troubles. That's a rough thing to deal with. Hope you were able to salvage any family and/or sentimental keepsakes. A lot of those things cannot be replaced. Best of luck.

Best Excuses:

#1(simple) "Well, I never liked that stupid thing anyway!"

#2(complex) "Obviously there was a flaw in the material, probably due to the inadvertent introduction of contaminants during the manufacturing process."

its possible, but you'd have to let it dry for a couple weeks.

honestly though, its probably toast.

just have insurance pay for it.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

Go for professionals for assessment. It's overall better if you'd just get new with home insurance.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Get a "roach motel" off amazon and try drying it out that way. It's basically an aluminum foil lined tent with a heater meant to kill bugs in electronics but it also works for drying things out.

I do this regularly where I work doing laptop repair. Might work, might not. I would expect the PSU to be a total loss but you might get lucky with the CPU, RAM, maybe the GPU etc. I would NOT try to dry out and reuse the power supply. Simply because if that's borked it could take the rest with it.

Make sure to take the CMOS battery out.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

5 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

do what cellies do, use some sort of absorbant material like rice

that won't work. OP needs a pro to clean it with ultrasound or whatever it is.

Like a proper, clean every little thing type of job.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

I found that the GPU works and CPU work have not checked Mobo yet or ram or psu

Yeah, it can. Make sure everything is completely dry though. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Ty everyone for the help. But the Alien is alive

IMG_20180221_205637069.jpg