Is it possible to fake Computer's Specs?

Recently my friend bought overwatch on pc, (He has a shitty computer)

when ever he launches overwatch its says no compatible graphics hardware found

meaning he doesn't have the requirements to run the game.

so i was wondering is there a program that can fake the computers specs. tricking the program that he has the required specs to run the game?

i remember back in the day there was a app on android that you can fake the gpu, making it able for a person with a shit phone to run HD games that wouldnt be able to in the first place

i would appreciate your help thanks :)

No you can't

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

1 minute ago, Offical_Meep said:

so i was wondering is there a program that can fake the computers specs. tricking the program that he has the required specs to run the game?

i remember back in the day there was a app on android that you can fake the gpu, making it able for a person with a shit phone to run HD games that wouldnt be able to in the first place

There's not really a point if it was even possible. You'll still be having a terrible experience. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

3 minutes ago, Abdul201588 said:

No you can't

That's not entirely true. 

There have been games before that have done things like enforce a minimum of 8GB RAM in order to run, but they can be and have been tricked or modified to run with less than that. It's a little difference with a GPU though, as really the minimum specs are there for a reason most of the time and the experience wouldn't be great. 

even if you could do that, the game won't work

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

Sometimes you can fake components, like the GPU scams on Ebay. But that usually takes a custom BIOS to pull off.

Never heard of faking a whole system though.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

1 minute ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Sometimes you can fake components, like the GPU scams on Ebay. But that usually takes a custom BIOS to pull off.

Never heard of faking a whole system though.

To China!

Being able to fake your system components and spec's would not be very useful, because the gameplay would be poor. You're better off getting a GPU capable of playing the game.

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

30 minutes ago, Offical_Meep said:

No. That must be a really shitty pc, my laptop with intel family graphics can run OW at 27 FPS on low everything...

Rx580 Red Devil

Msi b40 tomahawk

Ryzen 5 2600

NZXT H500

Arctic Freezer 33 

EVGA supernova 650 watts 80+ gold

3x WD caviar blue 1tb HDD

1x Corsair SSD

27 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

There's not really a point if it was even possible.

Oh theres a point. Heck Chinese even fake 18650 batteries because the sleeves are so easy to reproduce. They empty out the core and insert a mini watch battery of same voltage.

If the GPU doesn't even natively support DX11 (Or possibly feature level 10.1) (Likely considering it runs on an intel hd 4000 series and higher), even if you faked it to run it would likely just crash outright if it tries to call an api your GPU doesn't support. I've found pages (Link) that say you can emulate some DX11 features on a some DX10 GPUs, but that is still likely to be an extremely shitty experience (And many games may still fail to run :P)

No you can go the other way using virtual programs and emulators to make old games run on newer hardware but as far new games running on old hardware your going to have a rough time :( .

I would look at config files you can tweak on Overwatch itself, many games you can run in a super low graphics mode. I have done this on a few games before (not for Overwatch)

Take a look at LowSpecgamer's Youtube channel see if you can get any thing useful from that.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQkd05iAYed2-LOmhjzDG6g/search?query=overwatch

59 minutes ago, Offical_Meep said:

Could you let us know exactly what model of computer he bought, or the exact specs of the hardware?

Either a) he has a potato in place of a GPU, or b) the drivers are broken, causing Overwatch to think there's no GPU installed.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

I'm guessing this is only issue when buying directly from Blizzard...? Going for 3rd party retailer (Amazon etc.) is possibility. You can redeem code and those don't care about hardware. I don't know if Battle.net/Blizzard App would block install with same excuse. Imo its overall odd that they don't want money. Though might be that they just don't want bunch of idiots complaining when their games are running like shit because of too low-end hw.

That being said, actual hardware would be nice to know. Blizzards recent games are known to run on really low-end hardware.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 2/16/2018 at 1:22 PM, Offical_Meep said:

Hardware specs would be nice, please. If there is a dGPU in there made since 2010, it should support DX11.

I've seen an OCd Radeon 5450 run Overwatch at playavle-ish framerates with resolution scale turned down very, very low. Besides Bay Trail graphics, it doesn't get much weaker than that as far as DX11 hardware goes.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…