Xbox One or PS4 User?

Xander Cousins

Xbox One or PS4 Player?   

37 members have voted

1. 1. Xbox or PS4 User

23 hours ago, LordTaco42 said:

Trying to get Nier and Monster Hunter later along with Devil May Cry Remastered

If you haven't bought it yet, I would recommend getting NieR Automata on PC instead. It's an amazing game but can have some bad frame drops on PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro won't get you to a locked 60 fps either. It's not game breaking, as I put 100+ hours into it on my PS4 Slim all the way to a platinum trophy (after putting 100+ hours into the Steam version). But it's definitely better on PC if you have a good controller. The PC game is buggy as hell by default but the FAR mod fixes all of that.

26 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

If you haven't bought it yet, I would recommend getting NieR Automata on PC instead. It's an amazing game but can have some bad frame drops on PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro won't get you to a locked 60 fps either. It's not game breaking, as I put 100+ hours into it on my PS4 Slim all the way to a platinum trophy (after putting 100+ hours into the Steam version). But it's definitely better on PC if you have a good controller. The PC game is buggy as hell by default but the FAR mod fixes all of that.

Funny thing I actually do already have it on steam and it looks amazing I use my 360 controller for my PC stuff minus RTS and FPS games.  If I got Nier on my PS4 I'd get it probably used to have a physical copy. 

Sooo far from feedback, majority of resoning to go for ps4 is mainly due to the exclusive game titles correct? 

Some people prefer a challenge, I just band my head against a wall until my method works...

Sony products all the way. I got PSP, PSVITA,PS3,PS4.. used to play ps1 and ps2 in my cousin's place but since i moved away I have to get my own.. but yeah.. The reason is, i freakin love JRPG and its all on Sony consoles.. owh its REGION UNLOCKED!

"Strive to be the best and be the best!"

1 hour ago, KazuMae said:

Sony products all the way. I got PSP, PSVITA,PS3,PS4.. used to play ps1 and ps2 in my cousin's place but since i moved away I have to get my own.. but yeah.. The reason is, i freakin love JRPG and its all on Sony consoles.. owh its REGION UNLOCKED!

No reason to buy a PS1 when you can play all the disc games on PS3. Though I guess you would need a PS2 and you can play your PS1 games on that too. Don't forget Playstation TV. Playing Persona 4 Golden on a bigscreen is awesome.

13 hours ago, Alex Colson said:

Sooo far from feedback, majority of resoning to go for ps4 is mainly due to the exclusive game titles correct? 

Yes, of course.

That's the rule of every console ever.

You NEVER go by hardware, you always go by software!

If the best console in the world from a hardware point of view doesn't have any software, its totally useless.

On the other hand a rather crappy console with good titles can be quite fun.

The best example of this is the ancient Wii and the WiiU.

Shitty hardware but some pretty nice titles...

Or the Nintendo Switch as well. The hardware is rather shitty even compared to modern consoles and way behind. But it still sells well...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

I have both and use both.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

I mainly play PC games, but I use my PS4 for indie titles because PS+ introduces me to a lot of them or just gives me games I was wanting anyway. I got RIME this month for "free" a game that I wanted to buy anyway. And the other (bigger) reason is the exclusives. I see no reason to own an Xbox if you have a capable gaming PC. Every Xbox "exclusive" (besides Halo) is available on PC anyway.

Personally I have an XBOX One S, and it was an easy choice for me:

1. I loathe the PlayStation Controller. I find the XBOX style controller to be truly superior for me (personal opinion), and the XBOX One controller only made the 360 design even better.

2. I enjoy the exclusives, such as Forza and Halo (Yes some Forza and Halo games are on PC now, but a lot are not). I also don't give a shit about jRPG's, which are a ton of the best PS4 exclusives.

3. It has a 4K UHD Blu-Ray player, which is useful for future upgradability to my home theatre setup.

I would like to play some of the non-jRPG PS4 exclusives, but not enough to actually buy a PS4.

I don't begrudge anyone for choosing one of the other. I just fucking hate fanboys on either side (or in the middle, you damn #PCMR's)!

I just love that we have so much choice between consoles, PC builds, games, etc. We as gamers are one giant community, and we should support each other and diversity of choice.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

3 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

Personally I have an XBOX One S, and it was an easy choice for me:

1. I loathe the PlayStation Controller. I find the XBOX style controller to be truly superior for me (personal opinion), and the XBOX One controller only made the 360 design even better.

There are 3rd party controllers that imitate the Xbox design for Playstation.

like this one:

https://geizhals.de/hori-onyx-wireless-controller-ps4-a1755847.html?hloc=de

Though the 3rd Party controllers don't seem to be that popular right now...

Also you might need a day or two to adapt to the PS4 Controller. 

Especially the different Stick layout.

But the PS4 one is the superior one, because:

a) working D-Pad (was made with a digital pad in mind)

b) touchpad

c) gyro sensors

d) integrated battery

And all that for the same price as an XBox controller...

2. I enjoy the exclusives, such as Forza and Halo (Yes some Forza and Halo games are on PC now, but a lot are not). I also don't give a shit about jRPG's, which are a ton of the best PS4 exclusives.

and because they are on PC, that makes the One a bit redundant, don't you think??

I would like to play some of the non-jRPG PS4 exclusives, but not enough to actually buy a PS4.

Well, there is God of War 3 Remastered, God of War, Last of Us, Uncharted Series, Horizon Zero Dawn, Bloodborne, Ratchet & Clank, the Yakuza series, Metal Gear Solid, Little Big Planet, Killzone, Infamous First Light und insbesondere Second Son...

Nur um ein paar zu nennen.

Und dann hast ja auch noch Dinge wie Persona 5 und andere Dinge...

And right now I have:
PS4 PRO

WiiU 

And also an XBox 360...

1 minute ago, Stefan Payne said:

There are 3rd party controllers that imitate the Xbox design for Playstation.

like this one:

https://geizhals.de/hori-onyx-wireless-controller-ps4-a1755847.html?hloc=de

Though the 3rd Party controllers don't seem to be that popular right now...

Also you might need a day or two to adapt to the PS4 Controller. 

Especially the different Stick layout.

But the PS4 one is the superior one, because:

a) working D-Pad (was made with a digital pad in mind)

b) touchpad

c) gyro sensors

d) integrated battery

And all that for the same price as an XBox controller...

and because they are on PC, that makes the One a bit redundant, don't you think??

Well, there is God of War 3 Remastered, God of War, Last of Us, Uncharted Series, Horizon Zero Dawn, Bloodborne, Ratchet & Clank, the Yakuza series, Metal Gear Solid, Little Big Planet, Killzone, Infamous First Light und insbesondere Second Son...

Nur um ein paar zu nennen.

Und dann hast ja auch noch Dinge wie Persona 5 und andere Dinge...

1. Third party designs, certainly, but why would I need to suffice with third party designs when the XBOX controller already is designed the way I like?

a. I haven't played a game that required a precision D-Pad in probably a decade or more (fighting games are not my thing). The only thing D-Pad's are used for these days is things like switching grenade types, etc.

b. Not too much use for a touchpad. Not something I'll miss.

c. Gyro sensor? Again, not something I'll miss. I control things via the controls, not via motion.

d. Integrated battery - so does that mean you would say the iPhone is superior because it has an integrated battery? I'm quite surprised anyone would try to use that as a benefit. The XBOX battery is larger and lasts longer, and is user replaceable without disassembling anything. Yes, you need to use your own rechargeables or buy the play and charge kit, but I think that's a fair trade.

What you find superior, others do not agree with. It's very much subjective. Trying to paint it as objective is misleading or naive.

SomeSome Forza and Halo games are on PC. Can you play Halo 3 on PC? Halo ODST? Halo 4? Halo 5? Any of the Remastered editions? No. And while the newer Forza titles are on PC (Forza 6 and 7, as well as Horizon 3), the older titles are all missing.

Yes, some of those PS4 games look quite interesting. Others of them are very much not of interest to me though.

And then you switch to German at the end for some reason? Odd. Also, didn't I quite specifically state that I don't give a shit about jRPG's? Persona series is like the king of jRPG's. I have zero desire to play any of the Persona games.

Look, for those who enjoy the PS4 controller, and the PS4 exclusives? Sweet! PS4 isn't a bad console. But it really seems like you're taking it personally that I enjoy XBOX over PS4. This isn't some fanboy war. This is the amazing diversity and choice that is modern gaming. Both are excellent choices for people who want that easy couch gaming experience. Each one has pros and cons, and to think otherwise is disingenuous.

If anything, I would own a PS4 and an XBOX One, if I were to jump on the PS4 train. But since there's little justification in buying a 2nd console for me at the moment, and I don't feel like dropping the money on one, I will continue to do PC gaming and XBOX gaming, as I have always done.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

10 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

The XBOX battery is larger and lasts longer, and is user replaceable without disassembling anything. Yes, you need to use your own rechargeables or buy the play and charge kit, but I think that's a fair trade.

No its not because its sold seperately and doesn't come with the controller. 

That makes the XBox controller way more expensive.

Replacing the Battery isn't hard at all. 

And yes, it is just a 1000mA Battery. That's why the lifetime is so bad...

And there are "high capacity" replacements available with double capacity:

http://www.akkushop.de/de/akku-passend-fuer-den-playstation-ps4-controller-aber-ohne-stecker-inklusive-ausfuehrlicher-umbauanleitung/?refID=googlebase&gclid=Cj0KCQiA2Y_UBRCGARIsALglqQ00asG8BadtHX6TMkXdYsqSUboYoRDM1DJAOKEsJxctqXcUz0R3rkEaAiu2EALw_wcB

Or around the same Capacity in the same package.

What you find superior, others do not agree with. It's very much subjective. Trying to paint it as objective is misleading or naive.

I just stadet facts about the function of the controller.

If you don't find them important that is your thing. But that are things the PS4 controller can do wich the XBone can not.

Or to be more blunt:
The PS4 controller can do almost everything the WiiU gamepad can do. It only lacks a (big) Screen and the TV Remote control function.

SomeSome Forza and Halo games are on PC. Can you play Halo 3 on PC? Halo ODST? Halo 4? Halo 5? Any of the Remastered editions? No. And while the newer Forza titles are on PC (Forza 6 and 7, as well as Horizon 3), the older titles are all missing.

You are arguing mostly with XBox 360 games right now...

So that isn't anything you'd need an XBox one for. Only Halo 5 and one or two of the Forza titles...

Yes, some of those PS4 games look quite interesting. Others of them are very much not of interest to me though.

And you still bought an XBox for one or two games ;)

If anything, I would own a PS4 and an XBOX One,

And the original PS4 cost something like 250€ right now. Kinda a bargain, don't you think?

I own both but my PS4 is basically a paper weight, it has 1 game i wanted and i bought it for that, now that I'm done with horizon i'm thinking of selling it

\

Whereas XBox has stuff i do want, a interface not designed by an idiot, a controller designed by someone who knows how hands work, and a network that doesn't lose my credit card information ever 4 weeks to some twat in russia 

@Stefan Payne & @dalekphalm I understand both of you have your opinions but I would like you guys to shut that argument down. 

The Flaws I see with the PS4 controller which is completely personal is the Triggers. I don't like that they fold the whole way back, Ruins my form of gaming due to that. Other than that the PS4 controller is superior. The fact of the integrated battery means you aren't paying extra charges just to get a pack of Double A batteries or a rechargeable battery (Which I use). Saying the xbox one controller has a larger life time on charge is pure BS. for me to play roughly over 6hrs of gaming I require to swap out the battery with my extra charged pack. So unless you have a large chargeable pack I doubt the life time on a single charge is longer.

On ‎16‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 4:14 PM, Cole5 said:

Whereas XBox has stuff i do want, a interface not designed by an idiot, a controller designed by someone who knows how hands work, and a network that doesn't lose my credit card information ever 4 weeks to some twat in russia 

I ain't disagreeing with the interface but obviously for people who don't have experience with Playstation's UI is going to find it odd. I hated it at first as I tend to have to fix my friends brother console problems from time to time but once you learn it, It pretty much is as simple to navigate as with anything, once you learn it your fine. The controller design on both consoles are both ergonomically made to have your hand in a relaxing position. You want to know the difference between the two? Well you swap the positioning of the PS4's D-Pad and Left Thumbstick and it becomes the same as a xbox controller just slimmer. They are both designed with preventing strain on your hand and wrists if one was designed by an idiot we would have more people complaining  about RSI when playing with that controller. So how about you kindly re-read what I posted prior and make edits to your post. 

Some people prefer a challenge, I just band my head against a wall until my method works...

8 minutes ago, Alex Colson said:

@Stefan Payne & @dalekphalm I understand both of you have your opinions but I would like you guys to shut that argument down. 

He was misrepresenting the facts about PS4 and XBox One in many ways...

The XBox One Controller isn't that amazing and the PS4 Controller isn't that bad. And I have them both...

But the fact is that, from a technical point of view, the PS4 Controller is far superior to the XBox one controller because of the Touchpad and Gyro sensor...

Or in other words: The PS4 controller can do anything the WiiU gamepad can do - except for the Display.

The Flaws I see with the PS4 controller which is completely personal is the Triggers.

And if you play Final Fantasy XIV a bit with the XBox Controller you'll see that the Triggers of the XBox One Controller are shit and hurt your fingers if used for a long time - and that it is inevetable in that game.

The fact of the integrated battery means you aren't paying extra charges just to get a pack of Double A batteries or a rechargeable battery (Which I use). Saying the xbox one controller has a larger life time on charge is pure BS. for me to play roughly over 6hrs of gaming I require to swap out the battery with my extra charged pack. So unless you have a large chargeable pack I doubt the life time on a single charge is longer.

Fact:
The PS4 Battery is just a 3,7V/1000mAh so its on the small side. Even good double AA NiMH ones have a higher charge. So its obvious that they might last longer. But there are also a couple of 2mAh Packs for the Controller.

But on the other hand I had enormous problems with the lifetime of the 360 Play and Charge kit. I replaced them once in Warranty and the one I have right now is completely dead and doesn't hold a charge for more than 5minutes...

And if you want to see a really bad battery life, look at the WiiU Gamepad. That one can be used between 2-5h, depending on what you use. And Rumble of that thing is just bullshit. (you don't feel anything).

I ain't disagreeing with the interface but obviously for people who don't have experience with Playstation's UI is going to find it odd. I hated it at first as I tend to have to fix my friends brother console problems from time to time but once you learn it, It pretty much is as simple to navigate as with anything, once you learn it your fine.

I don't have an XBox one but a 360 and it isn't just made for gaming/what you have installed...

And I haven't bought a single Download game as well. So its kinda apples - oranges. 

But honestly: Why care about the Interface at all?! Its a console for gaming. 

The Interface of both are completely different and if you don't like change that might be an issue. But the PS4 has the games on the "lower level", where you can navigate. With a couple of Apps (like PS4 Store one) and that's it. 

The controller design on both consoles are both ergonomically made to have your hand in a relaxing position.

I agree and Like them both. 

And as you said the biggest difference is the position of analogue stick and D-Pad are swapped. But the D-Pad of the PS4 is more usable because the Original Controller the PS4 one is still kinda based on was designed with Analogue D-Pad in mind. Both Analogues were an afterthought and came Later. 

The amazing thing is that the PS4 Design is based on a design that was introduced in 1994 - around 23 years ago.

And the Dual Analogue version is still around for more than 20 years right now. 

I never had an Original XBox, only the 360S and I have the One Controller for Windows as well as a PS4 PRO. 

The only thing I can say for certain is that the D-Pad of the 360 controller is just shit. Besides that they all are pretty good controllers you can use daily without any problems...

And the Original 360 Controller always works on XInput PC games the One does not (there are a couple of games where the One either doesn't work at all or the buttons are switched around)...

@Stefan Payne I would agree with the D-Pad on the xbox controllers as from much use they can be a pain in the a**. The thing about The triggers on the xbox one controller I would have to differ, either that of I just don't get annoyed at them. as I have played games which really loves you holding or pressing the Triggers to do multiple things. Secondly during the old halo days I used Bumper jumper so the triggers and bumpers where being used even more during then. I actually would have more issues with my right hand finger as I would use them to hit 'A,B,X,Y' buttons rather than my Thumb (Helps with certain combos or cancelations in FPS games) 

In general both controllers are great, PS4 controller does have the upper hand with the Gyro and Touch pad. the Gyro is a big change the Touch pad seems more of a novelty at times. but then again as seen Microsoft did try to focus on their Kinect products for some odd reason. 

Any lets just agree to disagree 

1 hour ago, Alex Colson said:

Any lets just agree to disagree 

Yep

And in the end it comes down to what games you want to play or not.

I am still an Xbox fanboy - I just feel that overall it is the better package and better value per dollar, and yes, I own the Xbox One X. It was worth every dollar IMO.

Follow me on Twitch! - Twitch.TV/PedenPants

Gaming Rig

Core i7-6800k @ 4.0 GHZ | 16 GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | WD Black NVMe 256 GB | WD Blue 1 TB | Acer 24" 144 HZ XFA240 | ASUS STRIX GTX 1070 8 GB

Streaming Rig - Dell Inspiron i7559

15.6" 1920x1080 | Intel Core i5-6300HQ @ 3.2GHZ | 16 GB DDR3-12800 | 256 GB SSD | Nvidia GTX 960M 4GB

I have and play both (xbox more than PS at the moment). however if you were buying one now i would say PS4. Given that there are now no more xbox exclusives (they are all being dual released on PC with xbox play anywhere) the xbox no longer seems worth it unless you really want to play the games released before play anywhere was released.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

7 hours ago, Tearitup said:

I am still an Xbox fanboy - I just feel that overall it is the better package and better value per dollar, and yes, I own the Xbox One X. It was worth every dollar IMO.

And only a hand full of exclusives...

The best Console is totally useless if there aren't any great games.

The WiiU was OK, though 5 years (or more) too late and too expensive but the Games you can play on it that are great are something like 5 or so...

And the one X is around 450€, the PS4 PRO at 100€ less (350€)...

And has more exclusives than the Xbox...

And yeah, I had the XBox 360 a generation before. Was pretty quiet but the PS3 had the more interesting exclusives at the end of its lifetime...

Where is the option for both? Seriously lol.

I'm a Sony and Microsoft guy. I own a PS1, PS2, PS3 , PS4, XBox, XBox 360, XBox One, and XBox One X. That's just counting Sony and MS consoles lol.

Personally, I own both because I enjoy the games both offer. When it comes to multiplats, I play whichever system is more powerful at the time. For instance, I was playing my multiplats on the PS4 because it was more powerful than the XBox One but now that the X is out, I'm back to playing them on the X, for the most part. Plus, the X has the Elite controler which in my opinion is currently the best consoler control on the market, hands down. I love playing on it.

Of course, the PS4 offers way more exclusives than the XBox and I tend to be more interested in those lately. I've fallen away from games like Gears and Halo so I tend to play mainly multiplats on the X lately, although Quantum Break was amazing and stole my attention for awhile. So at the moment I probably play the PS4 more than the XBox but I do love the XBox.

It is worth noting that I don't have a Pro. There just weren't enough exclusives available on it that took advantage of the hardware and the X ran the multiplats better, in general. But with the Last of Us 2 coming in the future, I will definitely be buying one. Plus, I have a PS VR so I might get some improvement from it. I did play RE7 on it and it looked a little better than the standard PS4.

Bottom line is that I love both. I absolutely love both. Why do I have to choose one? xD

2 hours ago, Kawaii Koneko said:

Of course, the PS4 offers way more exclusives than the XBox and I tend to be more interested in those lately. I've fallen away from games like Gears and Halo so I tend to play mainly multiplats on the X lately, although Quantum Break was amazing and stole my attention for awhile. So at the moment I probably play the PS4 more than the XBox but I do love the XBox.

Quantum Break was such an underrated game. I loved the story, the graphics were pretty solid even though the game rendered at a low resolution (at least if I wanted 60 fps on my GTX 970), and the time slowdown mechanic really injected a fun twist into what could have been a standard third person shooter. Though I couldn't stop thinking of the supporting characters as Carcetti and Daniels. xD

I really hope to see a sequel.

PS4, pretty much because of the exclusives.  Nothing against the Xbox One, but the majority of the MS exclusives I'm interested in can be played on PC....albeit sometimes terribly.  I'm looking at you, Gears of War 4, that can't do 30 fps on a 1080Ti.

2 hours ago, Kawaii Koneko said:

Where is the option for both? Seriously lol.

I'm a Sony and Microsoft guy. I own a PS1, PS2, PS3 , PS4, XBox, XBox 360, XBox One, and XBox One X. That's just counting Sony and MS consoles lol.

Personally, I own both because I enjoy the games both offer. When it comes to multiplats, I play whichever system is more powerful at the time. For instance, I was playing my multiplats on the PS4 because it was more powerful than the XBox One but now that the X is out, I'm back to playing them on the X, for the most part. Plus, the X has the Elite control which in my opinion is currently the best console control on the market, hands down. I love playing on it.

It is worth noting that I don't have a Pro. There just weren't enough exclusives available on it that took advantage of the hardware and the X ran the multiplats better, in general. But with the Last of Us 2 coming in the future, I will definitely be buying one. Plus, I have a PS VR so I might get some improvement from it. I did play RE7 on it and it looked a little better than the standard PS4.

Bottom line is that I love both. I absolutely love both. Why do I have to choose one? xD

Ooops... Nah I get what you mean. It was more based around the idea of which console people preferred than the other. If you love both equally. I don't mind. Plus Quantum was a great story game no doubt about it.

I have a xbox one but haven't touched it in ~2 years. I just picked up a ps4 pro yesterday to play monster hunter world with friends as they can't wait for the PC release.