[Update] Multiple Banks have barred credit card customers from buying cryptocurrencies amidst fears of a crash

Master Disaster

BitCoin was at $6,700 and 18.34% off its value today so far, and Etherium has had almost a fit taken off it at one point today. Its also affecting nvidia and their share price, as has been taken 6.51% off their stock price today.

Next 3 days will be interesting, as all other crypto-crashes have been on a Thursday/Friday and the weekend has seen them gain their losses over the weekend. However, this is a Monday, and it could see CryptoCurrencies slump this week. Losses of more than 3% for more than 3 days suggests volatility, and gains of more than 6% suggests volatility as well, to the textbooks i read in College many years ago.

Z Cash has seen 4.5% added to its value today. Investors are going into other Alt-Coins is my guess.

Intel i9 9900X | EVGA X299 Micro 2 | Asus GTX 1070 Strix Gaming 8GB | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 (4X8GB) 3200 | EVGA 280mm CLC

Seasonic 1300w Focus Gold | Samsung 500GB 970 EVO

WD Black 2TB/WD Black 1TB (X2)/Seagate 4TB Ironwolf/Crucial 1TB P1/Crucial MX500 500GB/Samsung 1TB QVO

Phanteks Entho Evolve MATX

Samsung LS29E790C 29 Inch Monitor | LG 24UD58 24 inch 4K UHD

Coolermaster Master Keys Pro RGB (Cherry MX Brown)

Logitech G700s

Razer Leviathan

Old guards getting scared I see. Remember people:

Never sell at a loss

Buy the dip

Hold like your life depends on it

IMG_20180205_214025.jpg

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

10 hours ago, RorzNZ said:

When illegal criminal and terrorist groups use cryptocurrency then you can expect no future there.

illegal criminals use USD and every other currency in existence aswell

CPU - i7 6700HQ @ 3.50GHz GPU - GTX 965m - 16 GB DDR4 - 500 GB SSD

For about 750 USD

Laptop Model - Cyberpower Tracer 15

7 minutes ago, TheSilverNiko said:

illegal criminals use USD and every other currency in existence aswell

You heard here first: USD is officially dead because people use it to buy drugs, prostitution and even go as far as killing people for it. ABOUT TIME SOMEONE CRACK DOWN THAT EVIL CONTRACEPTION

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

Just now, suicidalfranco said:

You heard here first: USD is officially dead because people use it to buy drugs, prostitution and even go as far as killing people for it. ABOUT TIME SOMEONE CRACK DOWN THAT EVIL CONTRACEPTION

Ayyyy lmao . Did somebody think that criminals using a currency was going to stop it being used legitimately? lol.

When I went to Vietnam and Cambodia on a school trip a few years back, the currency used to definitely not bribe give some money to some people was USD and not the local currency.

Also, the USD was accepted in many places that the local currency was accepted.

<joke> It's almost like it's United or something </joke> xD. (cos United States Dollars .... )

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Update

Virgin Money, Bank of America, Citigroup, JP Morgan, Capital One and Discover have all joined (some made the change over the weekend) Lloyd's in banning the purchase of Cryptocurrencies using credit cards

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Because the stock exchange is so much more stable.. lol

CPU | AMD Ryzen 7 7700X | GPU | ASUS TUF RTX3080 | PSU | Corsair RM850i | RAM 2x16GB X5 6000Mhz CL32 MOTHERBOARD | Asus TUF Gaming X670E-PLUS WIFI | 
STORAGE 
| 2x Samsung Evo 970 256GB NVME  | COOLING 
| Hard Line Custom Loop O11XL Dynamic + EK Distro + EK Velocity  | MONITOR | Samsung G9 Neo

4 minutes ago, Maticks said:

it is actually.

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

i think in general this is good, people shouldn't be investing money they dont have in something so volatile.

at the very least invest in a better currency 

11 minutes ago, cj09beira said:

i think in general this is good, people shouldn't be investing money they dont have in something so volatile.

at the very least invest in a better currency 

You have to speculate to accumulate. Most self-made millionaires and billionaires got there by taking huge risks with other peoples money. The safer the bet the lower the return. Flipside, I can see why banks would want to minimise their exposure to a bitcoin crash, and cynical hat on, nudge customers back towards their investment products.

1 hour ago, Monkey Dust said:

You have to speculate to accumulate. Most self-made millionaires and billionaires got there by taking huge risks with other peoples money. The safer the bet the lower the return. Flipside, I can see why banks would want to minimise their exposure to a bitcoin crash, and cynical hat on, nudge customers back towards their investment products.

how many more people were burned compared to the few that pulled it off, what i am saying is that in general its not a great idea.

6 hours ago, Monkey Dust said:

Most self made millionaires didn't becomes so investing in currencies let alone ones that tend more to be a proof of concept than a considered design.  Most self made millionaires became so by working 16+ hour days and 7 day weeks for half their life building up companies from the ground.  Yes they take a risk, but it's a calculated risk not a throw money at things that look good risk.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

20 hours ago, RorzNZ said:

When illegal criminal and terrorist groups use cryptocurrency then you can expect no future there.

You know cash is a thing that exists right? Something that you ACTUALLY can't track? 

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

8 hours ago, Maticks said:

Unless you're trading penny stocks, it is. 

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

2 hours ago, Coaxialgamer said:

You know cash is a thing that exists right? Something that you ACTUALLY can't track? 

You should tell the criminals that then.

3 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

You should tell the criminals that then.

Don't you think there is a reason why your friendly neighborhood crack dealer isn't carrying a card machine in his pocket?

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)