Why is windows 10 so hard to use?

billyhatcher643
Just now, TheKDub said:

A reskin that also adds a dash of telemetry and sprinkle of forced updates*

I don't really care about telemetry, you can disable it through one mean or another if you really, really, really care.

I haven't had an update in almost a year, it's nice. ;)

Just now, TheKDub said:

A reskin that also adds a dash of telemetry and sprinkle of forced updates*

damn thats a burn right there i hate forced updates and telemetry data collection

Just now, AlwaysFSX said:

I don't really care about telemetry, you can disable it through one mean or another if you really, really, really care.

i havent updates my windows 7 and 8.1 os in 4 years and windows 10 forces you to update

I used DestroyWindows10Spying on my laptop immediately once I got it, haven't had an update since either :P

Though I also can't update it even if I wanted to, at least not without reinstalling Windows..

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Just now, billyhatcher643 said:

i havent updates my windows 7 and 8.1 os in 4 years and windows 10 forces you to update

That's a pretty bad practice. That also means you're 4 years behind in security updates and bug fixes.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I'm on Windows 10, I don't have to update. Hmmmmm..

Just now, TheKDub said:

I used DestroyWindows10Spying on my laptop immediately once I got it, haven't had an update since either :P

Though I also can't update it even if I wanted to, at least not without reinstalling Windows..

See I'd like the ability to grab updates when I want to, I'm just not compelled because there's really nothing I have to do for my system. The hardware is old enough I shouldn't have compatibility issues with anything, and I don't. Shit runs like butter without any hitches. I'm happy.

3 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Mmm, almost 10 years of idiotic problems with Windows 7, the bestest OS around apparently. I think people have forgotten how much of a shitshow it was on release.

Windows 10 release didn't go so well either,with MS automatically forcing installs onto Windows 7 user's machines.

If Windows 10 was more intuitive to navigate,didn't have the dumb tiles in the start menu,and let you have control over *your* own PC it would be a better regarded OS to the average user.

Just now, TheKDub said:

That's a pretty bad practice. That also means you're 4 years behind in security updates and bug fixes.

i dont give a damn if im 4 years behind at least i dont have any bs updates that ruin my expereance like if i were to install the 7700k and the stupid update that doesnt allow me to use windows 7 updates on the 7700k i have a reason to not update

1 minute ago, Blademaster91 said:

Windows 10 release didn't go so well either,with MS automatically forcing installs onto Windows 7 user's machines.

If Windows 10 was more intuitive to navigate,didn't have the dumb tiles in the start menu,and let you have control over *your* own PC it would be a better regarded OS to the average user.

finally a person understands why i hate windows 10

Just now, Blademaster91 said:

Windows never releases well. 95 was a mess, 98 was a mess, ME was a mess, XP was a mess, Vista was a mess, 7 was a mess, 8 was interestingly less messy, 8.1 was a mess, and 10 was a mess. It's almost like there's a pattern here and early adoption is never a good idea unless you're willing to deal with any problems that arise.

Windows 10 is pretty intuitive to navigate if you don't have a hard-on for drop-down menus galore in your start menu because frankly, that crap is unnecessary at this point.

i dont give a damn if im 4 years behind at least i dont have any bs updates that ruin my expereance like if i were to install the 7700k and the stupid update that doesnt allow me to use windows 7 updates on the 7700k i have a reason to not update

So you're saying a reason you're not updating Windows is because if you get a 7700K you then wouldn't be able to update Windows because of an update to Windows?

Windows never releases well. 95 was a mess, 98 was a mess, ME was a mess, XP was a mess, Vista was a mess, 7 was a mess, 8 was interestingly less messy, 8.1 was a mess, and 10 was a mess. It's almost like there's a pattern here and early adoption is never a good idea unless you're willing to deal with any problems that arise.

Windows 10 is pretty intuitive to navigate if you don't have a hard-on for drop-down menus galore in your start menu because frankly, that crap is unnecessary at this point.

windows 10 was also a mess too dude

20 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

The thought of "I don't care about telemetry,I have nothing to hide so no big deal" is terrible as MS collects and sells your data off your private machine. Enough people do care that MS had to create special government/enterprise versions that have much less or no telemetry spying. Also kind of sad that you have to spend more to buy Windows 10 Pro to feel a bit more secure on a home machine.

15 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

"Unnecessary at this point"? So suddenly after Windows 8/8.1 user friendly drop down menus are a bad thing? I don't see how clumsily cluttered tile systems are better unless you're on a touch screen 2 in 1 laptop.

Windows 7 drop down menus were fine,and the OS was easier to navigate because MS didn't change what wasn't broken.

I agree that you shouldn't have to re-learn how to use Windows to do normal tasks,and I use Windows 10 on my PC.

20 minutes ago, billyhatcher643 said:

wait what xD so, you don't want to update, because if you do, you don't be able to get updates...?

Spoiler

h5B7F54F4

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Its pretty bad if you want to access certian settings. I wouldn't mind a unified control panel. Its pretty simple though.

50 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

The thought of "I don't care about telemetry,I have nothing to hide so no big deal" is terrible as MS collects and sells your data off your private machine. Enough people do care that MS had to create special government/enterprise versions that have much less or no telemetry spying. Also kind of sad that you have to spend more to buy Windows 10 Pro to feel a bit more secure on a home machine.

"Unnecessary at this point"? So suddenly after Windows 8/8.1 user friendly drop down menus are a bad thing? I don't see how clumsily cluttered tile systems are better unless you're on a touch screen 2 in 1 laptop.

Windows 7 drop down menus were fine,and the OS was easier to navigate because MS didn't change what wasn't broken.

I agree that you shouldn't have to re-learn how to use Windows to do normal tasks,and I use Windows 10 on my PC.

Here's the thing, even if you manage to disable telemetry in Windows, there's still the very real possibility that every other website you go to collects data. You aren't making any progress by disabling telemetry in Windows. Windows 10 Pro is just for slowing down pointless updates.

Start menu was pointless once we got past the point of a bad file explorer and program list. That's all it was used for, you still have a program list but I DOUBT you NEED a drop down menu for everything on your computer that you don't do.

OP, I dislike a lot of things with Windows 10 too, but for crying out loud you need to think things through before posting.

If you can't make concrete points with examples to back things up you will just sound like a mindless hater which can easily be refuted by saying "I disagree".

Some examples that you could have used to make it seem less like inane hate and more like constructive criticism:

• You can only have 1 settings window open at a time. This is a massive pain in the ass for me because it forces me to constantly go back and fourth in menus, while in the control panel I could just open the two different menus I needed and have them side by side.
  • The network settings have been moved and changed like 3-4 times since Windows 10 was released. It's very annoying when trying to help someone because I can never just send some instructions and have them do something for me. Want to change IP? Well that depends on which version you got.
    In the first few versions you had to go to the control panel to do that. They also had a link to the control panel called "advanced settings" in Settings.
    Then as they moved more things over they decided to specialize that button a bit more and replaced it with "Change adapter options", which brings you to the control panel's adapter page.
    Now I think they have more or less moved everything over so that you can change adapter settings from inside Settings.
    All through this they have constantly changed how right clicking on the network icon in the right corner works too.
  • Some things which used to be easy to do, are now hard because they have moved things to Settings. For example connecting to a VPN used to be a simple click in the popup network menu. Click on the network icon, click on the VPN adapter, and click connect. Now when you click on the VPN adapter it will launch the Settings app, and in there you have to click on the VPN connection once more, and then click connect. They doubled the amount of clicks needed, on top of adding an entire program that needs to launch, plus a bunch of slow animations. What used to take 1-2 seconds now takes 5-6. It doesn't sound like much but when you increase the time it takes to do simple things by 300-500% then your software feels slow and awkward to use, even if it has lots of smooth and pretty animations.

2 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Windows 10 is ridiculously easy to use. 95 and earlier still give me nightmares.

Good nightmares. :)

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

2 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

I'm on ten, I have had all the updates and I haven't noticed a single one install bar for seeing new features after the major upgrades and a service announcement saying an App I don't use is no longer supported.

Also this is a troll thread.   The last poll showed that only about 10% don't like it or had issues (and to be honest given the rhetoric and inconsistency with some members here I am not convinced some of those issues weren't just made up) So it's ripe for some hate train trolling.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

5 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

wait what xD so, you don't want to update, because if you do, you don't be able to get updates...?

Reveal hidden contents

h5B7F54F4

5 hours ago, TheKDub said:

So you're saying a reason you're not updating Windows is because if you get a 7700K you then wouldn't be able to update Windows because of an update to Windows?

Too slow :P

4 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Here's the thing, even if you manage to disable telemetry in Windows, there's still the very real possibility that every other website you go to collects data. You aren't making any progress by disabling telemetry in Windows. Windows 10 Pro is just for slowing down pointless updates.

Start menu was pointless once we got past the point of a bad file explorer and program list. That's all it was used for, you still have a program list but I DOUBT you NEED a drop down menu for everything on your computer that you don't do.

Except the scope of what a website can collect is much different from what an OS could collect.

Why do people complain about updates in W10 like it's a bad thing? It makes your OS more secure. I'm used to Arch Linux where I get an update every 30 minutes for some random package and for me it feels good to be on the bleeding edge. 

11 minutes ago, EPENEX said:

Why do people complain about updates in W10 like it's a bad thing? It makes your OS more secure. I'm used to Arch Linux where I get an update every 30 minutes for some random package and for me it feels good to be on the bleeding edge. 

Feature updates sometimes breaks stuff for some people.

Those are the updates that I could go without for a few months.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

14 hours ago, CCWong said:

Microsoft doesn't want you to be avoiding security fixes and feature updates.

Yeah I wonder why that is.

Do the updates revert the security settings to WIDE OPEN?

Seems like they are sending a lot of background info over the internet when they shouldnt be.

14 hours ago, Force.Sensitive.Squirrel said:

Run Linux.

14 hours ago, billyhatcher643 said:

i dont really like linux that much because it doesnt play videogames it has a very small amount of videogames that can run on it

Run Linux. Or Windows 7. Or Qubes OS. Or...

Basically, choose what's best for you, all things (interface, security, compatibility, etc) considered. It is a market with many products and the choice is yours. I guess someone could make a thread about "Cooler Master H500 has worse air flow than HAF X", but since there is no need to use CM's latest case, nor to use CM cases only... There isn't much point in ranting. Just make yourself happy through your choices.