Why is windows 10 so hard to use?

billyhatcher643

im just wondering why is windows 10 constantly screwing everything up and the interface is not so easy to use i really hate this os interface im glad im sticking to windows 7 because windows 7 has a much easier more user friendly interface i prefer using the control panel for everything and no settings app for everything else and the start menu is so much better on windows 7 than the half assed windows 10 start menu.  I also think that theres no improvement on gaming speed for windows 10 ether so id rather stick to a older os like windows 7

24 minutes ago, CCWong said:

I don't agree with any of your opinions on the matter.

[...] windows 10 is difficult to navigate and the settings app is so stupid i prefer the control panel and the windows 10 start menu is total BS it is worse than windows 8.1 and also auto updates suck too on windows 7 i can turn them off completely on windows 10 i cant

Edited by Ryan_Vickers

3 minutes ago, CCWong said:

Having worked to teach the elderly how to use Windows 10, I would say it is a far easier to understand interface than Windows 7 was. The only people who had issues with it were those that were very well accustomed to Windows 7. Of course, that with which we are familiar with will always be easier to navigate than that with which we are not.

Insofar as updates are concerned, Microsoft doesn't want you to be avoiding security fixes and feature updates. On the current inside build I'm running on my desktop they actually reimplemented disabling updates, giving you more freedom, but for the average user you really don't want them to have the option of forgoing a security fix, especially given the ransomware outbreaks of the past year that preyed on previously patched security flaws, thus only affecting those who had not updated.

If you have a problem with my opinions, attack them. What you don't do is attack the person presenting said opinions.

im not an old senor citizen im 25 years old but i hate windows because it was forced on people and then they ruin everything the menu the interface is mostly ment for tablet based use which is sad and i hate the settings app because its hard for me to use

1 minute ago, Force.Sensitive.Squirrel said:

Run Linux.

i dont really like linux that much because it doesnt play videogames it has a very small amount of videogames that can run on it

One reason is they're in a bit of a transition period from the old control panel and other various settings panels that have existed at least since Vista if not earlier to the new UWP Settings menu.  This will take time and in the mean time, things are spread around and can be rather unintuitive.  This was even mentioned on the WAN show so you are not alone.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

One reason is they're in a bit of a transition period from the old control panel and other various settings panels that have existed at least since Vista if not earlier to the new UWP Settings menu.  This will take time and in the mean time, things are spread around and can be rather unintuitive.  This was even mentioned on the WAN show so you are not alone.

i already know that luke hates the hell out of windows 10 cause it has the worst interface of all time and i hope to god they make another windows os that is very similar to windows 7 and no stupid settings app that is a stupid way to force us to use it instead of control panel and whats worse is that my stupid college just upgraded their computer lab to windows 10 which pisses me off im so glad i bring my laptop that has windows 8.1 pro on it

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Windows 10 is ridiculously easy to use. 95 and earlier still give me nightmares.

it inst easy to use its hard because of all the annoying auto updates which i hate and also the telemetry data crap that they do and they spy on you more than they do on older operating systems and the seperation of the control panel is even worse i prefer the control panel cause its easier to use and what really annoys me is i cant turn off all of the data collection on it and i cant keep the privacy crap turned off and i cant keep the horrible windows defender off even when i have other virus scanners installed windows defender sucks so hard

1 minute ago, billyhatcher643 said:

i already know that luke hates the hell out of windows 10 cause it has the worst interface of all time and i hope to god they make another windows os that is very similar to windows 7 and no stupid settings app that is a stupid way to force us to use it instead of control panel and whats worse is that my stupid college just upgraded their computer lab to windows 10 which pisses me off im so glad i bring my laptop that has windows 8.1 pro on it

I wouldn't say the worst interface of all time by any stretch, but you can bet that it will improve with age.  However, they're not going to go back to a Win 7 style... as I said, they're moving toward more UWP style apps so eventually the old control panel will be phased out entirely I would think.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

I wouldn't say the worst interface of all time by any stretch, but you can bet that it will improve with age.  However, they're not going to go back to a Win 7 style... as I said, they're moving toward more UWP style apps so eventually the old control panel will be phased out entirely I would think.

i really hate thoes apps they suck i hope to god they do what they did with xp supporting the windows 7 os for 10 more years if that does happen cause theres still 50 percent of computers using windows 7

Just now, billyhatcher643 said:

i really hate thoes apps they suck i hope to god they do what they did with xp supporting the windows 7 os for 10 more years if that does happen cause theres still 50 percent of computers using windows 7

I suspect it will hold on for a while but that is not a long term solution.  Although, if you can wait it out long enough that Win 10 gets more established, I suppose you could avoid some of the growing pains xD

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

I suspect it will hold on for a while but that is not a long term solution.  Although, if you can wait it out long enough that Win 10 gets more established, I suppose you could avoid some of the growing pains xD

if windows 7 doesnt get a 10 more year support im going to windows 8.1 pro like luke is doing but i cant believe that luke didnt download the remove windows 10 upgrade nagging software

if windows 7 doesnt get a 10 more year support im going to windows 8.1 pro like luke is doing but i cant believe that luke didnt download the remove windows 10 upgrade nagging software

As someone who did it, it was never a matter of downloading software to remove the upgrade offer, it was as simple as not downloading the upgrade offer to begin with, but I agree, I do not understand how him and so many others got caught off guard by that.

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

As someone who did it, it was never a matter of downloading software to remove the upgrade offer, it was as simple as not downloading the upgrade offer to begin with, but I agree, I do not understand how him and so many others got caught off guard by that.

well before i had the update for the upgrade but before they made it sorta permanent in a way i removed the upgrade update file before all hell broke loose so i was perfectly fine and ive been using windows 7 for almost a decade and for 3 years ive used windows vista which wasnt bad since i had it for school but i love windows 7 more and were never gonna have another os like windows 7 ever again and i doubt windows 10 is gonna be as great as windows 7 so yea im never using windows 10

well before i had the update for the upgrade but before they made it sorta permanent in a way i removed the upgrade update file before all hell broke loose so i was perfectly fine and ive been using windows 7 for almost a decade and for 3 years ive used windows vista which wasnt bad since i had it for school but i love windows 7 more and were never gonna have another os like windows 7 ever again and i doubt windows 10 is gonna be as great as windows 7 so yea im never using windows 10

You'll have to use it eventually since support for old OSes will fall off over time and as Windows 10 continues to change, bringing other software along with it

12 minutes ago, billyhatcher643 said:

it inst easy to use its hard because of all the annoying auto updates which i hate and also the telemetry data crap that they do and they spy on you more than they do on older operating systems and the seperation of the control panel is even worse i prefer the control panel cause its easier to use and what really annoys me is i cant turn off all of the data collection on it and i cant keep the privacy crap turned off and i cant keep the horrible windows defender off even when i have other virus scanners installed windows defender sucks so hard

PEBKAC, it ain't the OS dude. You just sound like a meme of people complaining about Windows 10.

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

PEBKAC, it ain't the OS dude. You just sound like a meme of people complaining about Windows 10.

wow dude u just dont understand that windows 10 isnt a great os just understand why i hate it and stop being a pain

6 minutes ago, billyhatcher643 said:

wow dude u just dont understand that windows 10 isnt a great os just understand why i hate it and stop being a pain

Windows 10, functionally, is almost exactly similar to Windows 7. Your problem is you're just aboard the hate train because you don't want to learn how a few things have changed, even if it was for the better.

If you have a problem with auto-updates you should have gotten the Pro version if you hadn't already and set your connection as a metered one. That stops updates almost all together.

31 minutes ago, Force.Sensitive.Squirrel said:

Run Linux.

I second that!

Edited by Icuw1pc

CPU: i7-4770k @4.8ghz---Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth z97---Ram 32gb Corsair Vengeance---GPU: 2 EVGA GTX 980 4gb way sli---Case: Corsair 600T White---Storage: 500gb 850 Pro & WD Black 4tb---PSU: Corsair RM1000

26 minutes ago, billyhatcher643 said:

Unfortunately, I believe we're past the point of return with Windows. It'll only continue progressing down its current path.

If you want something different, you can always stick with older versions of Windows, or try out one of the many flavors of Linux. (Or Mac OS, but why would anyone want to make themself suffer?)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

3 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Windows 10, functionally, is almost exactly similar to Windows 7. Your problem is you're just aboard the hate train because you don't want to learn how a few things have changed, even if it was for the better.

If you have a problem with auto-updates you should have gotten the Pro version if you hadn't already and set your connection as a metered one. That stops updates almost all together.

to me it isnt your just making your self think its similar to windows 7 it isnt similar its worse than windows 8.1 pro

Just now, billyhatcher643 said:

to me it isnt your just making your self think its similar to windows 7 it isnt similar its worse than windows 8.1 pro

Windows 10 is basically a reskin of 7 but without a surprising amount of issues that 7 had.

Just now, AlwaysFSX said:

Windows 10 is basically a reskin of 7 but without a surprising amount of issues that 7 had.

A reskin that also adds a dash of telemetry and sprinkle of forced updates*

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W