eBay 1$ Mouse scam review

OK, you know when you have a deal like this: THIS and the specs seems too good to be real? So I bought this and hoped for the best. It arrived after 3 weeks of shipping (I expected that, obviously...), and I think they want to ship the mouse in 3 weeks or later because we can't get a refund after 30 days...

So, this is my review about this 1$ mouse.

1. DIDN'T F@(k!N& WORK, I had to resolder the wireless transmitter INSIDE the mouse to make it work.

2. They lied about the specs. They said the mouse was 2400DPI, but in my impression, wasn't higher than 200.

3. The left/right click buttons were trash. It's just a spring and a piece of metal shorting 2 pins.

4. Sensor was wierd. Did 360s sometimes when I shake it.

5. Scroll whell didn't work. Actually , there is a scroll wheel, but there is no sensor to detect if it was scrolling or not...

6. Macro/DPI buttons didn't work. In fact, they were just there for decorations purposes only...

7. Signal get blocked by most of solid materials.

8. Paint went off after 20 minutes of using (my hands are sweatty, but even extremely dry hands could make the paint go off)

Overall:

Well, I think you get it, if you didn't: DON'T BUY IT. Its extremely cheap and build quality was horrible (what do you expect???). However, it looks good and you can just ook it to your walla and use it as decoration...

Spoiler

anyone tell me how can i remove this ?????????

how do they even make money tho everthings gotta cost more then 1 $

nm its actually 5$ butt still there only making like 1$ per mouse 

My Personal Computer

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz (OC 3.8) 6-Core Processor

Cpu cooler DEEPCOOL Gamer Storm CAPTAIN 240EX WHITE 
Motherboard: MSI - B350 TOMAHAWK ARCTIC ATX AM4 Motherboard 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz RAM 8x3

Storage: SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 256GB SATA III

Storage:SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 500GB SATA III
Video Card: RTX 2060
Case: NZXT - S340 Elite (White) ATX Mid Tower Case 
Power Supply: EVGA 550 B3 550W

Peripherals

Monitor: Acer XF240H 24" TN Free-Sync ,144 Hz 

Keyboard: Corsair k95 RGB platinum

Mouse: Razer basilisk

Headset: Hyperx cloud alpha pro

3 minutes ago, Vernw3 said:

i personally don't know... I think they just want the feeling you get when you scam someone... It actually feels great, you can trsut me...

so you expected to get a working mouse for a buck? 

i really wanna call you names rn.

3 minutes ago, Vernw3 said:

they just order the parts in bulk.

I actually bought one of these chinese mice and it also happens to have the same logo on it. I use it on my laptop at school and so far no issues except for poor build quality.

My stuff:

Spoiler

CPU :  Intel i5 8400 | GPU : MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB

RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 3600MHz

Mouse : Logitech G502 HERO SE | Keyboard : Mountain Everest Max w/ Cherry MX Brown

Headset : Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro 250Ω w/ AT2020USB+

Monitor : Acer XF240H @  144Hz

I bought a $15 dollar wireless mouse a while back, and it was just horrible. There was no on/off switch, so it ran 24/7 even when the receiver was unplugged, battery life sucked, and the scroll wheel broke after 4 months.  In contrast, the $5 iHome wired mouse I got 5+ years ago still works to this day.

Computer engineering grad student, cybersecurity researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

13 minutes ago, Vernw3 said:

Rejected plastic molds due to various imperfections

, factory overruns,

surface mount components that fall from pick and place machines and sold by the bucket by factory which can't be bothered to sort through them ,

circuit boards made on the extra pcb around actual commercial pcbs (they make 60 cm by 20 cm panels or something like that and they fit only 2-3 small circuit boards for a client  per panel , and use the wasted pcb around those small circuits  for such projects, so they're basically free boards.

Shipping is basically free, subsidized by the chinese government.

wireless transmitter chips that are picked from trash or bought at heavy discount because they fail validation (too low transmit power, or glitches or random resets or too high power consumption)

Basically, the whole thing may cost pennies to make, so they probably make 20-50 cents off a mouse.

25 minutes ago, Intel-is-$h!t said:

OK, you know when you have a deal like this: THIS and the specs seems too good to be real? So I bought this and hoped for the best. It arrived after 3 weeks of shipping (I expected that, obviously...), and I think they want to ship the mouse in 3 weeks or later because we can't get a refund after 30 days...

1. DIDN'T F@(k!N& WORK, I had to resolder the wireless transmitter INSIDE the mouse to make it work.

2. They lied about the specs. They said the mouse was 2400DPI, but in my impression, wasn't higher than 200.

3. The left/right click buttons were trash. It's just a spring and a piece of metal shorting 2 pins.

5. Scroll whell didn't work. Actually , there is a scroll wheel, but there is no sensor to detect if it was scrolling or not...

6. Macro/DPI buttons didn't work. In fact, they were just there for decorations purposes only...

8. Paint went off after 20 minutes of using (my hands are sweatty, but even extremely dry hands could make the paint go off)

Overall:

Well, I think you get it, if you didn't: DON'T BUY IT. Its extremely cheap and build quality was horrible (what do you expect???). However, it looks good and you can just ook it to your walla and use it as decoration...

Reveal hidden contents

How was this an ebay scam? Did you actually expect a working wireless mouse for $1? It seems like you are upset that it didn't work, but then you also say in your conclusion "what do you expect???" I feel like that's a question you should have asked yourself before writing this review. 

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂

34 minutes ago, Theguywhobea said:

How was this an ebay scam? Did you actually expect a working wireless mouse for $1? It seems like you are upset that it didn't work, but then you also say in your conclusion "what do you expect???" I feel like that's a question you should have asked yourself before writing this review. 

ok, its not considered as a scam, but it is a sort of scam, but not a lot of people fall in to it.

1 hour ago, Intel-is-$h!t said:

a

it was just factory rejected parts, and its done all the time. Instead of throwing boxes of that junk away in the trash, they put up for sale for someone gullible enough to buy.

maybe 2400dpi was the name of the device

the paint is probably lead paint

I hate to be the pooper on this, but i'm using a $15 ergonomic mouse from DELUX and i won't change it for anything else out there. I've tried!

Had it for 2 years and its still going well except for the backpage button on it being a little hard to actuate sometimes.

Not all cheap things are bad, more like a lottery. 

it is selling at a price less than the cost to ship. These cheap sellers always surprise me. Economy of scale, capitalism at work eh? 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

15 hours ago, mariushm said:

Rejected plastic molds due to various imperfections

, factory overruns,

surface mount components that fall from pick and place machines and sold by the bucket by factory which can't be bothered to sort through them ,

circuit boards made on the extra pcb around actual commercial pcbs (they make 60 cm by 20 cm panels or something like that and they fit only 2-3 small circuit boards for a client  per panel , and use the wasted pcb around those small circuits  for such projects, so they're basically free boards.

Shipping is basically free, subsidized by the chinese government.

wireless transmitter chips that are picked from trash or bought at heavy discount because they fail validation (too low transmit power, or glitches or random resets or too high power consumption)

Basically, the whole thing may cost pennies to make, so they probably make 20-50 cents off a mouse.

And i am assuming they use slave labors too? 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

47 minutes ago, wasab said:

And i am assuming they use slave labors too? 

In some places people are willing to work for 1-2$ a day, for 10 to 12 hours a day. Companies can hire 100 such workers and keep them on site in dormitories and they can sit on a production line, each worker taking care of placing a single component (or a few of them) on a circuit board and passing the board to next worker and so on... it's often cheaper than renting pick and place machine time and all that.

Here's some examples of how they do things :

20 hours ago, Intel-is-$h!t said:

i personally don't know... I think they just want the feeling you get when you scam someone... It actually feels great, you can trsut me...

Dude, if you know what the feeling of scamming some one is like, you've probably scammed someone before, so then asking for trust makes zero sense xD

I once did the unthinkable, back many headphones ago...

I split an audio split, again

Why even buy a 1 dollar mouse when you know that a good mouse should cost at least 25 dollars....

On 1/31/2018 at 8:16 PM, Intel-is-$h!t said:

Overall:

Reveal hidden contents

Well, I mean, for one, it's a $1 mouse from China. Of course it doesn't work.

Two, eBay's protection extends from the day you receive the item, not the date of purchase.

Three, it's a $1 mouse from China. What did you expect?

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

• 1 month later...
On 2/2/2018 at 1:07 AM, mariushm said:

In some places people are willing to work for 1-2$ a day, for 10 to 12 hours a day.

What the frag??

For real?

I can't buffer the thing cause i am using data.

I mean why in the world would people willing to work their butt for $2? for 12 freakin hour?

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

Yeah, see https://www.worlddata.info/average-income.php

Average income :

$688 China

$470 Thailand

$298 Phillipines

$139 India

$125 Pakistan

Note that these are AVERAGE, those people assembling these things don't get paid average income, in China they'd probably get paid 3-400$ a month or around 10$ a day like I said.

But often, the factory includes mid day lunch in the salary and at some more decent factories they also have 10-15 minute breaks every few hours or so, and at some factories they can sleep in dormitories near the factory (and the company may take some money out of their monthly pay for that), but that works for a lot of women who come from smaller villages and send part of their paycheck home to their families.

On 1/31/2018 at 7:19 PM, Vernw3 said:

They make the mouse for like 10-30 cents and sell it for $1 hoping to sell a ton and fast to make money, otherwise the other Tatic is to make a $5 mouse and sell it for $20 and it works like a normal mouse

so my thinking is this person didn’t have a ton of money to fund the mouse makin so he had to do it cheap. Or he bought a ton of mice in bulk for under $1 each and are selling them for profit.

On 01/02/2018 at 1:16 AM, Intel-is-$h!t said:

Overall:

Reveal hidden contents

Linus needs to laser cut a cardboard Titan XP with his kit... paint it, and put it in a "hacked" PC, that shows fake stats and performance (IIRC there was a CPU clock hack to make it think time had slowed down, so it counted 10fps at 100...)

Or make a PC out of this junk, the fake 770tis, fake mouse, fake CPU (relided) etc.