1 year old hacker

Jtalk4456

I'm apparently completely doomed, guys. I have kids and they are all dangerously clever, but one in particular is training to be a computer hacker. My 1 year old daughter has been caught several times opening the source code page for websites, so we're calling her our hacker. But a recent incident is more than random clicking and key hitting. We had hulu open, and we went into a different room for one second. When we came back out, hulu was closed, a different browser was open and netflix was open to sarah and duck, her favorite show. She was the only one in the room

We're doomed...

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

3 minutes ago, Jtalk4456 said:

I'm apparently completely doomed, guys. I have kids and they are all dangerously clever, but one in particular is training to be a computer hacker. My 1 year old daughter has been caught several times opening the source code page for websites, so we're calling her our hacker. But a recent incident is more than random clicking and key hitting. We had hulu open, and we went into a different room for one second. When we came back out, hulu was closed, a different browser was open and netflix was open to sarah and duck, her favorite show. She was the only one in the room

We're doomed...

The rise has begun!

Malachi.jpg

“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
― Charles Bukowski

Desktop | Intel Core i5 - 7600k | ASUS Strix B250F | MSI GeForce GTX 1080Ti x Gaming 11G | 256GB Samsung Evo | x2 WD Blue 1TB | Corsair Vengeance LPX (2x8GB)

Mini Desktop | Mac Mini | Core i7 2.3GHz | 8GB RAM | 1TB HDD x2

Laptop | MacBook Pro 13in w/Touch bar (2016) | Intel Core i7 | 8GB LPDDR3 | 1TB SSD

Laptop | Lenovo Thinkpad Edge | Intel Core i5 | 16GB DDR3 | 256GB SSD

Peripherals | Razer Chroma Orbweaver | Magic Mouse 2 | Corsair K70 RGB | Logitech G402 | Blue Snowball | Logitech G922 | Logitech Artemis Spectrum G933

Galaxy Tab S2 - used as a media streamer, more often abused by my 1 year old son.

Oh no, kids clicking random things and then continuing when things happen... Oh nooooooo

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

8 minutes ago, tmcclelland455 said:

Oh no, kids clicking random things and then continuing when things happen... Oh nooooooo

all i'm saying is if she can figure out how to get her show open in a different browser before she even knows how to use sentences, then were in trouble. how long before she can hack our router and turn off parental controls?

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

2 minutes ago, Jtalk4456 said:

all i'm saying is if she can figure out how to get her show open in a different browser before she even knows how to use sentences, then were in trouble. how long before she can hack our router and turn off parental controls?

I'd give it a couple of months. It also won't be long until she hacks your Amazon account and you find a wide assortment of items being delivered.

“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
― Charles Bukowski

Desktop | Intel Core i5 - 7600k | ASUS Strix B250F | MSI GeForce GTX 1080Ti x Gaming 11G | 256GB Samsung Evo | x2 WD Blue 1TB | Corsair Vengeance LPX (2x8GB)

Laptop | MacBook Pro 13in w/Touch bar (2016) | Intel Core i7 | 8GB LPDDR3 | 1TB SSD

Peripherals | Razer Chroma Orbweaver | Magic Mouse 2 | Corsair K70 RGB | Logitech G402 | Blue Snowball | Logitech G922 | Logitech Artemis Spectrum G933

Galaxy Tab S2 - used as a media streamer, more often abused by my 1 year old son.

Just now, HunterScott said:

I'd give it a couple of months. It also won't be long until she hacks your Amazon account and you find a wide assortment of items being delivered.

our other daughter at around the same age was trying to order owl plushies off amazon, so been there done that

the clickest of bait thread title

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

9 minutes ago, Sierra Fox said:

the clickest of bait thread title

i didn't realize i made that clickbait... You're right though

Also love the profile pic, what's it from

6 minutes ago, Jtalk4456 said:

i didn't realize i made that clickbait... You're right though

Also love the profile pic, what's it from

Just random art of Ninetales

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

10 minutes ago, Sierra Fox said:

Just random art of Ninetales

that's what i was thinking, but i couldn't tell for sure. That was in my top ten favorite pokemon

52 minutes ago, Jtalk4456 said:

I was able to get a 6 star wanted level and survive for half an hour in Vice City before I could tie my own shoes. I think you're fine.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

1 hour ago, HunterScott said:

The rise has begun!

Malachi.jpg

i can't quite tell what the funko pops on your desk are

15 minutes ago, Jtalk4456 said:

i can't quite tell what the funko pops on your desk are

These are just a few I had laid out until I fitted some shelves. I have, Alduin; Dwarven Colossus, Ceri, Geralt, Garruk Windspeaker, C3P0, Corvo and Nissa Revane! I also have a Mogwaw and a 3D printed Skyrim Vampyre Lord. My son loves them!

― Charles Bukowski

52 minutes ago, HunterScott said:

These are just a few I had laid out until I fitted some shelves. I have, Alduin; Dwarven Colossus, Ceri, Geralt, Garruk Windspeaker, C3P0, Corvo and Nissa Revane! I also have a Mogwaw and a 3D printed Skyrim Vampyre Lord. My son loves them!

cool!

I must be the only one that finds it sad that a 1 year old has a favorite show :P

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Just now, Prqnk3d said:

not quite, you can include me in that aswell

why is it sad for a 1 yr old to have a favorite show?

3 minutes ago, Jtalk4456 said:

why is it sad for a 1 yr old to have a favorite show?

A kid that old having been exposed to enough media that they have a favorite. I don't think kids that young should be that into staring at a screen for everything. 

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Just now, Prqnk3d said:

cannot agree more

i didn't give any indication as to how much media they are exposed to... Favorite just means she likes it best, not that she watches it all day. It only takes one time viewing to determine you like it better than anything else you've seen. To make it into a sad story, you're assuming her to be watching it alot, which she doesn't. she simple loves it best the few times she is exposed to it