NSA still doesn't know the size of Snowden's unveiling

joppetie

The American intelligence services have concluded that they may possibly never determine the amount of documents that Edward Snowden has copied from the NSA's systems.

There are even rumours to give Snowden amnesty in exchange for not yet unveiled secrets.

According to sources quoted by The New York Times, the NSA-office where Edward Snowden worked was not equipped with the latest security software.

With that software, the NSA is able to keep a close look on all its employees. Snowden would also have hacked firewalls and used log in data from colleagues to gain access to the secret data.

Security experts would have researched the attack methods that Snowden had used, but they have not made an estimation on how many documents he has stolen.

As a system admin, Snowden had access to large amounts of secret data. The NSA, however, has concluded that Snowden worked alone.

In the NSA there are rumours to give Snowden, who lives in Russia now, amnesty in exchange for him not publishing some documents.

The question is if the government wants to do this. Until now, the United States has asked Russia for extradition of Snowden.

Intel Core i7-3770k @4.4GHz. 1.170V - Noctua NH-D14 - 8GB (2x4) G.Skill RipjawsX @1866 MHz. CL8 - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H - Samsung 840 250GB - XFX HD7970 DD GHz. @1125MHz - CM 690 II - Seagate Barracuda 2TB + WD RED 3TB - Corsair RM750X

FiiO E10 - Sennheiser HD 598 - Edifier R1600T - Sony MHC-EX50 - Razer Blackwidow Ulitmate 2013 - Razer Deathadder 2013 - LG IPS237L - Dell P2314H - Philips 237EQPH - LG 47LB561V

LG G2 - HP Spectre X360 - Audio Technica ATH-M50X - Sennheiser IE 60

He no doubt would have only released a small percentage of all the data he copied. The reasons why he did it make me think he's probably vacuumed up everything he could physically get access to and it's not like he would of had time to pick and choose.

One man bringing a US Federal agency to their knees.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

Snowden is my hero. He has exposed the corrupt in this country and I hope he leaks more information about this considering how idiotic the NSA is.

PC Specs:

New Compact Build

CPU: i7 8700k (Delidded)  |  GPU: EVGA GTX 1070Ti ACX 3.0 Black  |  Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming  |  Case: EVGA Hadron Air    

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3000MHz  |  SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB  |  Monitor: ASUS PB287Q

OS: Windows 10  |  Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB  |  Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus  |  Headphones: Steelseries Arctis 5

Surface Book 2 15"

CPU: i7 8650U  |  GPU: GTX 1060M  |  RAM: 16GB DDR3

Snowden is showing how America isn't the "best country". Never has been, and never will be.

If there is a contestant, which there isn't, it'd be Austria or Finland IMO.

Intel Core i7-3770k @4.4GHz. 1.170V - Noctua NH-D14 - 8GB (2x4) G.Skill RipjawsX @1866 MHz. CL8 - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H - Samsung 840 250GB - XFX HD7970 DD GHz. @1125MHz - CM 690 II - Seagate Barracuda 2TB + WD RED 3TB - Corsair RM750X

FiiO E10 - Sennheiser HD 598 - Edifier R1600T - Sony MHC-EX50 - Razer Blackwidow Ulitmate 2013 - Razer Deathadder 2013 - LG IPS237L - Dell P2314H - Philips 237EQPH - LG 47LB561V

If there is a contestant, which there isn't, it'd be Austria or Finland IMO.

hdi-top10.png

Just for reference. Human development index has always been the best measure of 'best' IMO.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Just for reference. Human development index has always been the best measure of 'best' IMO.

Netherlands!!!

I just hope he has everything backed up in the cloud and on loads of HDD's with someone else who can leak it, as I would not be surprised if he "accidentily" got hit by a car or drone. He should started leaking more stuff though, bring the NSA to their knees and then continue.

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

hdi-top10.png

I do agree, and ultimately, I feel that The Netherlands belongs in the list, but I didn't want to be patriotic about my country. I just thought of Austria and Finland of the top of my head.

Also, I didn't have the Human development index on me and didn't feel like googling it. btw the included picture you posted says "top 10 economics", which is different from quality of life:

t1Tt79F.png

I do agree, and ultimately, I feel that The Netherlands belongs in the list, but I didn't want to be patriotic about my country. I just thought of Austria and Finland of the top of my head.

Also, I didn't have the Human development index on me and didn't feel like googling it. btw the included picture you posted says "top 10 economics", which is different from quality of life:

t1Tt79F.png

But the US has the highest avergae wage.

And the avergage person in the US has not only more money , but everything in the US is dirt cheap.

Food and Gas costs 3x more in Germany then in the US while the average German citizen only has the halph income of an US citizen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_average_wage

RTX2070OC 

Snowden a hero? If you are a citizen of the US and just a little bit of a patriot, you shouldn't say that. He exposed your countrys cyber espionage plans and caused a whole bunch of organisations and governments to rethink their digital vulnerabilities, some even taking such extreme steps as going back to paper documents for sensitive information.

Let me give you a little example: at the end of 1950s the US constructed a huge network of underwater hydrophones that were able to hear noisy Soviet subs 1000s of km away. The Soviets did not know about the importance of silence on subs, US did and held a massive advantage in that regard. Until someone in the US sold out. Then the billions of dollars, invested in that network, were suddenly practically useless. Because of 1 traitor. Same goes for Snowden.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

And the avergage person in the US has not only more money , but everything in the US is dirt cheap.

Food and Gas costs 3x more in Germany then in the US while the average German citizen only has the halph income of an US citizen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_average_wage

While that may be true, I don't believe the average is the only thing you should focus on.

I think that we can all agree that on average, countries like The Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Norway have per 1000 people less "poor" people.

While the average in the USA might be higher, wealth is not shared as equally as in some other countries.

For example: If you have ten people and 9 of them have $10, and the tenth one has $1,000,000, the average is $100,009, which sounds really good, doesn't it?

But it isn't. It's just not fair and equal. In a perfect "example world", all ten people would have $100,009, but they don't.

USA has some of the most wealthy people in the world, but there are lots of poor people too, you can't ignore that.

Snowden a hero? If you are a citizen of the US and just a little bit of a patriot, you shouldn't say that. He exposed your countrys cyber espionage plans and caused a whole bunch of organisations and governments to rethink their digital vulnerabilities, some even taking such extreme steps as going back to paper documents for sensitive information.

Let me give you a little example: at the end of 1950s the US constructed a huge network of underwater hydrophones that were able to hear noisy Soviet subs 1000s of km away. The Soviets did not know about the importance of silence on subs, US did and held a massive advantage in that regard. Until someone in the US sold out. Then the billions of dollars, invested in that network, were suddenly practically useless. Because of 1 traitor. Same goes for Snowden.

Just because he started all this, doesn't mean it's his fault. I believe that if he hadn't done it, it would have been worse.

Everything was already wrong before he leaked the documents. The United States government is the one who's wrong here,

Snowden only showed the world what they've done.

I'll be honest, I dislike comparing averages of anything. Average means jack all when 1% of the population is making $120/hr and a significant portion of the population is making $5/hr. From an average standpoint. If the outliers had a wage orders of magnitude higher, it can really skew the average to much higher values. 

Averages are meaningless without looking at the distribution. 

The US is far from a magical country where everything is awesome. You only have to spend a little time getting to know American citizens to figure that out. 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Let me put it in perspective, your wife is sleeping with another bloke and old mate bloke B who knows you finds out and tells you. Who is the tosser here, your cheating wife or the bloke who told you?

i5-3570k @ 4.4ghz (1.240v) || Asrock extreme 4 || CM Hyper 212 evo

Samsung 840 || WD blue 1tb || WD green 1tb || Powercolor 7870 xt @ (1200 mhz core : 1500 mhz mem)