Google security checkup tells me LTT is insecure

ItsMitch

So I got a email this morning letting me know that LTT is a insecure website and recommends me no longer to sign in via Google signin, any way to resolve it @colonel_mortis

2 minutes ago, SC2Mitch said:

So I got a email this morning letting me know that LTT is a insecure website and recommends me no longer to sign in via Google signin, any way to resolve it @colonel_mortis

What does the email say? is it real? it could be some fake email. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

could you post a screenshot of it?

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

I knew Google had started flagging basically everything that uses their APIs as insecure, but emailing everyone to denounce it as insecure is a bit overboard IMO.

I had filled in the form to get it verified, so I'm guessing it was rejected. I don't have direct access to the email used so I will try to follow that up. We barely get any information from Google signin, so I'm not sure why they are doing this.

HTTP/2 203

57 minutes ago, Abdul201588 said:

What does the email say? is it real? it could be some fake email. 

very much legitimate

53 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

could you post a screenshot of it?

image.png.c72c81a3a0f6a9b654f98c664b512546.pngimage.png.a655ce621e1894a30c99b2eaaa404540.png

52 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

I knew Google had started flagging basically everything that uses their APIs as insecure, but emailing everyone to denounce it as insecure is a bit overboard IMO.

I had filled in the form to get it verified, so I'm guessing it was rejected. I don't have direct access to the email used so I will try to follow that up. We barely get any information from Google signin, so I'm not sure why they are doing this.

40 minutes ago, LMG Ivan said:

We're looking into this, thanks for the heads up!

Thanks

google does this more often.. it was telling me microsoft outlook is insecure.. 

She/Her

Just now, firelighter487 said:

it was telling me microsoft outlook is insecure

i dont think it was lying tbf

I think they just hate external things. It keeps flagging my access to gmail via Thunderbird as a security risk.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

Just now, SC2Mitch said:

i dont think it was lying tbf

yeah okay, but come on... such a mainstream email client. 

the stupid thing is i coudn't sign into outlook with my gmail for ages until i found out that google blocked it.. 

She/Her