Is this game dead?

niofalpha

I haven't heard anything about this game since early 2016. Is this game dead?

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

What is this game?

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

1 minute ago, Damascus said:

What is this game?

Look at subforum ;)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I honestly didnt knew anythin about star citizen but isnt this game not yet released? why there's a subforum for it then?

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

Yeah, I haven't played it in one year until a few days ago, and it's still the exact same from then, except that it seems like some of my stuff is gone, you have to put your ships back in your hangar, and all the other accessories. The Website's still the same, the ships are still ridicously overpriced, even Apple's gonna tip their hats to them, and the graphics are even more inefficient, now that there's games like destiny 2 and the are less resource consuming.

I love Small Form factor ITX rigs.

2 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

not yet released

It's been in "beta" for over two years.

43 minutes ago, fredih said:

It's been in "beta" for over two years.

It's actually still in alpha but its slowly coming together, hell of a lot more content now than there was.

Ryzen 7  2700x | 16GB RAM | GTX 2080ti EVGA | Noctua LTT Edition D15 | Inwin 303 White | Roccat Suora | Logitech G903 Wireless| AKG K92 |

Star Citizen Linus Tech Tips Conglomerate Wolf Pack, Bane Wing Commander | LTTC Discord Chat | About the UOLTT | Referral Code Randomiser

There may or may not be a mop in my profile picture, don't ask about the mop... Just Look Here

1 hour ago, niofalpha said:

I haven't heard anything about this game since early 2016. Is this game dead?

Far from it, though it is having a nice slow development its moving along nicely. Check out the year review one of our other members posted here:

Ryzen 7  2700x | 16GB RAM | GTX 2080ti EVGA | Noctua LTT Edition D15 | Inwin 303 White | Roccat Suora | Logitech G903 Wireless| AKG K92 |

Star Citizen Linus Tech Tips Conglomerate Wolf Pack, Bane Wing Commander | LTTC Discord Chat | About the UOLTT | Referral Code Randomiser

There may or may not be a mop in my profile picture, don't ask about the mop... Just Look Here

On 12/30/2017 at 10:01 AM, fredih said:

Yeah, I haven't played it in one year until a few days ago, and it's still the exact same from then, except that it seems like some of my stuff is gone, you have to put your ships back in your hangar, and all the other accessories. The Website's still the same, the ships are still ridicously overpriced, even Apple's gonna tip their hats to them, and the graphics are even more inefficient, now that there's games like destiny 2 and the are less resource consuming.

Meanwhile, around these parts:

I mean it's still absolutely "the exact same", isn't it... Derek! :D

6 hours ago, Corwin111 said:

Meanwhile, around these parts:

I mean it's still absolutely "the exact same", isn't it... Derek! :D

Haha nah it's just from what I saw... Apparently you can visit planets and stuff, but I didn't really have muc htime to get into it again. I still gotta say that the ships are too damn expensive. Maybe I'll play it some more when I have time again.

5 hours ago, fredih said:

I still gotta say that the ships are too damn expensive. 

Well if you think of it in those terms, of course it's gonna be crap. :D 

But do me a favor and imagine something for me. Imagine Star Citizen was not "selling ships", but developing a game by crowd funding. Imagine that they didn't have ANY corporate investors and instead, set a number of crowd funding pledge tiers, tied to different amounts of money. Imagine you could, if you liked the project, pick the amount of money that is comfortable for you and donate that amount in support of the project's completion, because that's how crowd funding works, right? Now imagine that in exchange for your pledge, you got a ship or piece of other in-game hardware, that you could use in the alpha and get to keep once the game is finished... again, because that is how crowd funding works, right? 

Would you be opposed to this entirely hypothetical system? 

On 30/12/2017 at 8:01 AM, fredih said:

???????

You keep up with the development you know what they are working on

Yes, this is outrageous! I haven't heard anything about this game since LAST YEAR! PAH, humbug. /s

I think my org mates explain the situation very well and with a bit more looking around, there's plenty to find :)

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

So its a fail after all. 

Elite dangerous just fulfills the niche of the galaxy exploring games and it runs smooth with low system requirements. 

The game will be boring after release. 

8 hours ago, Nedkely said:

So its a fail after all. 

Elite dangerous just fulfills the niche of the galaxy exploring games and it runs smooth with low system requirements. 

The game will be boring after release. 

Yes, after listening to the community and keeping the ones that listen up to date, after deciding to extend the scope of the game as per the majority of the backers want and after releasing a SQ42 demo/vertical slice it's a failure.

As for Elite, we all know that every SC backer hates it so I suggest you don't bring it up unless you want a wave of angry people paying attention. I could never accept Elite as a game, there is nothing to do and I'd rather go play No Man's Sky.

12 hours ago, rentaspoon said:

???????

You keep up with the development you know what they are working on

As I said before, I haven't had much time keeping up, and I forgot about it. Now, when I came back, it felt all (nearly) the same. Same hangar, same menus, etc. Now pls don't all hate on me for not seeing the vid or something... That was just my humble opinion. :)

1 hour ago, rentaspoon said:

Yes, after listening to the community and keeping the ones that listen up to date, after deciding to extend the scope of the game as per the majority of the backers want and after releasing a SQ42 demo/vertical slice it's a failure.

As for Elite, we all know that every SC backer hates it so I suggest you don't bring it up unless you want a wave of angry people paying attention. I could never accept Elite as a game, there is nothing to do and I'd rather go play No Man's Sky.

Nice bait :P

Those darn Elite players are ruining the Star Citizen communities!

26 minutes ago, fredih said:

As I said before, I haven't had much time keeping up, and I forgot about it. Now, when I came back, it felt all (nearly) the same. Same hangar, same menus, etc. Now pls don't all hate on me for not seeing the vid or something... That was just my humble opinion. :)

Can I ask when you played last? A few weeks ago, the big Alpha 3.0 patch went live to all backers, which changed a lot in the game. New launcher, new mechanics, new interface and new bugs

I would recommend trying the new update, it can be a lot of fun when you have the right conditions.

4 hours ago, fredih said:

Dude, I haven't got time to hate anyone on the internet.

• 2 months later...
On 1/5/2018 at 1:42 AM, rentaspoon said:

As for Elite, we all know that every SC backer hates it so I suggest you don't bring it up unless you want a wave of angry people paying attention. I could never accept Elite as a game, there is nothing to do and I'd rather go play No Man's Sky

I actually like both Elite Dangerous and Star Citizen.

Elite Dangerous is like the best of where we have come from in the Space Sim area, and Star Citizen is where we are going... Eventually lol

Top-Tier Air-Cooled Gaming PC

Current Build Thread:

The new 3.1 update should be going public soon - now they're working on 3.2 for the next quarter. 3.2 is going to be more "Quality of Life" improvements, with less emphasis on huge new features. They're going to put more resources into optimizations/bug fixes and into improving how existing features work. We should ideally return to bigger feature additions in 3.3 and 3.4.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

On 7-4-2018 at 5:14 PM, dalekphalm said:

The new 3.1 update should be going public soon - now they're working on 3.2 for the next quarter. 3.2 is going to be more "Quality of Life" improvements, with less emphasis on huge new features. They're going to put more resources into optimizations/bug fixes and into improving how existing features work. We should ideally return to bigger feature additions in 3.3 and 3.4.

This link will help a bit when you're looking for what is coming next ;)

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/roadmap/board/1-Star-Citizen