Folding@Home Install Guide and Links - LinusTechTips_Team - 223518

Just joined with win7 (in browser) and Arch Linux...Is here anyone running f@h on Arch? (I need some help...)

Welcome to the Fold :)

i don't think i have heard of anyone here using Arch for f@h

Edit: @Whaler_99 beat me :P

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

c1fc9f61f9.jpg

should the gpu be that much slower than the cpu in folding?

decided i might as well help out with what i can. :)

edit: looks like my cpu oc isn't stable, it'll run all 8 cores at 100% then cores 1, 2, 5, and 6 start faltering. uuughhhhhhh i really don't want to bump voltages

Abigail: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.5GHz 1.170v / EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti Classified  / ASRock Z97 Extreme6 / Corsair H110i GT / 4x4Gb G.Skill Ares 1866MHz @ CAS9 / Samsung 840 EVO 250Gb SSD / Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM / NZXT H440 Blue / EVGA SuperNOVA 750w G2

Peripherals: BenQ XL2411z 24" 144hz 1080p / ASUS VG248QE 24" 144Hz 1080p / Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD650 / Schiit Audio Modi 2 / Magni 2 / Blue Yeti Blackout

Just joined LTT's Team!

I've been folding for a while now, and didn't realize that LTT has a team up until now... I'm such a derp..  :(

fold.PNG?psid=1

Just joined LTT's Team!

I've been folding for a while now, and didn't realize that LTT has a team up until now... I'm such a derp..  :(

Nice :), welcome aboard. 

Just joined LTT's Team!

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

Nice :), welcome aboard. 

Thank you! I know i'm new and all but how do I get the "Folding@Home Member" Icon/badge in my LTT profile?

Thank you! I know i'm new and all but how do I get the "Folding@Home Member" Icon/badge in my LTT profile?

you'll need to complete 21 work units, then pm @Whaler_99 to get your badge.

Is Kakao down for temp or permanently?

MOBO: ASUS X79 Pro CPU: i7 3820 Ram: Corsair Vengence 32Gb 2133mhz (8x4) GPU: 2 x Sapphire R9 290 in X-fire PSU: Seasonic G series 750w Drives: 1 x 750 gig WD black, 3x WD Black 1TB, 1 x Segate Barrcuda 1 TB, 1 x Toshiba 2TB, Intel 520 240gig SSD Case: Enthoo Primo w/ Green and Blue LED lighting.

you'll need to complete 21 work units, then pm @Whaler_99 to get your badge.

Is Kakao down for temp or permanently?

okay, this is what I was able to get. Is this good enough? What else do I need to show to @Whaler_99 to prove/verify that I have worked enough WUs already?

WU.PNG?psid=1

and also, I do not have an idea what Kakao is...  :D

@Maxwit44: Yeah, Kakao seems to be down.

@Jhon Rem: Welcome!

just say hello Whaler_99 (or other mod) via PM.

Let him know what you are looking (badge) for and under what Donor name you are folding.

@Maxwit44: Yeah, Kakao seems to be down.

@Jhon Rem: Welcome!

just say hello Whaler_99 (or other mod) via PM.

Let him know what you are looking (badge) for and under what Donor name you are folding.

Does he handle all badges? Didn't get my office builder badge yet :/

Also Core18 units are intense. Only getting 40k ppd

CPU: Ryzen 5800X | GPU: RTX 3080 FE | Board: x570 Aorus Master | RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ | Case: Phanteks 719

Technically the more devices you have folding the more WUs that you are able to submit right?

Cos I've got my CPU and 2x GTX 660s doing some light folding when i'm working away doing school stuff. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Does he handle all badges? Didn't get my office builder badge yet :/

Also Core18 units are intense. Only getting 40k ppd

Mod's handel the Badges. Mine for Folding is from Whaler_99 (if i member correctly) from time when you get them little lover results ;)

For Office Builder (that i may join too will see) there is note on shop how much time it should take(last time i look it waas every monday they add them).

For folding badges plz look Folding FAQ

Core 18 yeah what i have seen and have for 900 series its demanding for the time it takes. Lets hope nVidias next driver fix this too... But anyways we arent here for points, right. ;)

Edit: i would say Office badges arent on Whaler_99 taple and more on people at head of Linus team that takes the money in, but i may be wrong. Atleast they have lot to do (holidays, news, videos, mooving stuff,...), so give it a time.

Core 18 yeah what i have seen and have for 900 series its demanding for the time it takes. Lets hope nVidias next driver fix this too... But anyways we arent here for points, right. ;)

Yeah some stupid opengl bug is making maxwell run like crap on Core18. Newest Geforce beta that came out the other day doesnt fix it either.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X | GPU: RTX 3080 FE | Board: x570 Aorus Master | RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ | Case: Phanteks 719

man!

as core18 is only for Windows with nVidia, i would think theyalready know about it by now and are doing something for it or it is what it is... not good for us.

I almost forgot about this. I haven't been doing this for a long time.

Since I got a new cpu, I might as well burn it in  ;)

Just started folding again. Been folding for little more than a day. Finished over 40 WU's thus far, half of which from the Chrome thing, that one goes through WU's like nobody's business. I'm guessing it just goes through many easy ones, instead of what the desktop client goes through.

As of now I'm at 50+ WU's, and 75k+ points towards LTT's Folding Team. :)

From here on out I will be trying to Fold as much as I can. We'll see where it goes from here.

Welcome to the new members of folding. Once you've done the required 21 work units, please pm Whaler_99 for your F@H badge

MOBO: ASUS X79 Pro CPU: i7 3820 Ram: Corsair Vengence 32Gb 2133mhz (8x4) GPU: 2 x Sapphire R9 290 in X-fire PSU: Seasonic G series 750w Drives: 1 x 750 gig WD black, 3x WD Black 1TB, 1 x Segate Barrcuda 1 TB, 1 x Toshiba 2TB, Intel 520 240gig SSD Case: Enthoo Primo w/ Green and Blue LED lighting.

man!

as core18 is only for Windows with nVidia, i would think theyalready know about it by now and are doing something for it or it is what it is... not good for us.

Probably, its not whether it's good or bad for us that is the 

problem or topic at hand :P, it's how it affects the project. 

I don't think nvidia is all that fussed about folding, so it

probably isn't their top priority...it will likely take a while

if anything is done at all. 

Just started folding again. Been folding for little more than a day. Finished over 40 WU's thus far, half of which from the Chrome thing, that one goes through WU's like nobody's business. I'm guessing it just goes through many easy ones, instead of what the desktop client goes through.

As of now I'm at 50+ WU's, and 75k+ points towards LTT's Folding Team.  :)

From here on out I will be trying to Fold as much as I can. We'll see where it goes from here.

Awesome, fold on! and welcome to the team :)

Yeah, the chrome wu's are just very very small. 

The chrome plugin is more aimed at convenient

light folding as opposed to the regular client, the

chrome plugin doesn't support gpu folding either. 

Awesome, fold on! and welcome to the team :)

Yeah, the chrome wu's are just very very small. 

The chrome plugin is more aimed at convenient

light folding as opposed to the regular client, the

chrome plugin doesn't support gpu folding either. 

Left the browser with the plugin on overnight. Added another 50 WU's or something. I'm asking myself which is better to use my CPU for, the plugin or the desktop utility.

I'm using my GTX 780 for folding all the time whenever I'm not  gaming.

Left the browser with the plugin on overnight. Added another 50 WU's or something. I'm asking myself which is better to use my CPU for, the plugin or the desktop utility.

I'm using my GTX 780 for folding all the time whenever I'm not  gaming.

It kinda depends on what's practical on a case by case basis.

But i would just stick with the desktop client. The plugin

is easier to deal with for a lighter workload. But if you are 

not worried about that, i would stick to the desktop client. 

Been folding for couple more days now. Helping LTT folding score up more and more.

600k+ towards our group, will probably reach the 1 million mark during the weekend. :)

EDIT: Hit the 1 million point milestone :D

I joined! We have so much points :o

For now, I will be folding using the Chrome Plugin. When I get a newer PC ill use the Desktop Application 

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Pentium B980 | 500GB WD Blue | Intel HD Graphixxx | 4Gegabeytes of REHAM

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

We have a better score than Apple Inc. :D And INTEL.

http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=teamstats

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Pentium B980 | 500GB WD Blue | Intel HD Graphixxx | 4Gegabeytes of REHAM

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

FYI for those that have been asking, as of Jan 1st, Kakao Stats site will be going down...

http://forum.kakaostats.com/index.php?topic=1114.0

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99