So Anonymous just doxxed Ajit Pai

Master Disaster

Good

Former Bronze Contributor 

CPU: Intel i7-7700K 4.2 GHz / CPU Cooler: Cryorig H7  / Board: ASRock Z270 Taichi / GPU: Nvidia 1060 6gb EVGA SC / GPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken G12 with Thermaltake Water 3.0 120mm RAM: White Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 2666 MHz SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo 250 and 3TB WD blue HDD / PSU: Corasir 550cx / Case: NZXT s340 Elite White 

Im a super Italian. Kapish.

16 minutes ago, Jito463 said:

What is anti-consumer about redacting rules that were only implemented 2 years ago?  No one has been able to answer that for me.

How did the internet ever survive before 2015?

before 2015 companies like Comcast would throttle netflix and youtube, and also started to charge netflix a priority cost. after 2015 Comcast was no longer allowed to throttle competing services.

removing laws that protect consumers is anti consumer.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

5 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

before 2015 companies like Comcast would throttle netflix and youtube, and also started to charge netflix a priority cost. after 2015 Comcast was no longer allowed to throttle competing services.

removing laws that protect consumers is anti consumer.

You have evidence of this?  Proof?

1 minute ago, Jito463 said:

Literally look it up. It was everywhere. 

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

They should have done this the week before the vote. 

i5-4670K ~ RX 470 ~ Z87MX-D3H ~ MX300 525GB ~ CM Hyper 212+ ~ 12GB 1600MHz Ram ~ EarthWatts 650 ~ NZXT GAMMA ~ WD Blue 250GB

6 minutes ago, Jito463 said:

I noticed it personally where I had to turn on a VPN to watch youtube and netflix at highest quality. this has been documented and is the whole reason in 2015 the FCC made it title II. before 2015 the FCC sued a ISP and lost about throttling services, and was told they had to make it title II.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

While i do not agree with the repeal of net neutrality, I think that this is just too much

QUOTE ME TO SEE MY REPLY!:D

45 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

Thanks for the links.  I don't recall even hearing a peep about this before now.  I guess we browse different avenues of the 'intarwebs'.  Still, my point was (and still is) that the FCC implemented the rules the wrong way, which is the reason for it's repeal and why they handed it off to Congress.

16 minutes ago, Jito463 said:

Thanks for the links.  I don't recall even hearing a peep about this before now.  I guess we browse different avenues of the 'intarwebs'.  Still, my point was (and still is) that the FCC implemented the rules the wrong way, which is the reason for it's repeal and why they handed it off to Congress.

What do you mean "the wrong way" ??

From my understanding, all the FCC regulation did was classify ISPs as common carriers, so that some regulation would apply to the ISPs, something about "carriers cannot make any unjust or unreasonable discrimination in charges, practices, classifications, regulations, facilities, or services."

Again, I'm Canadian so I might not be aware of all the details, but seems to me it was the right thing to do seeing all the evidence of what the ISPs were doing.

Edited by wkdpaul

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

5 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

From my understanding, all the FCC regulation did was classify ISPs as common carriers, so that some regulation would apply to the ISPs, something about "carriers cannot make any unjust or unreasonable discrimination in charges, practices, classifications, regulations, facilities, or services."

Again, I'm Canadian so I might not be aware of all the details, but seems to me it was the right thing to do seeing all the evidence of what the ISPs were doing.

It's my understanding that the FCC didn't have the authority to reclassify them as such, which is why it was repealed and kicked over to Congress.

7 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

As an addendum to my previous point, the very fact that we're discussing this proves that it should be handled by Congress, since it was so easy to overturn by the FCC heads.  A policy change from Congress would be more permanent.

On 12/20/2017 at 9:12 AM, WMGroomAK said:

As with any doxxing, this is just stupid and irresponsible.  All it really does is undermine any kind of legal credibility that Anon may have wanted and turns Pai into a victim.  

I think what people don’t really see is Pai is just the face of an organisation and not really the main pusher for the ‘no net nuetrality’. It’s just dissapointing to see an organisation who think they are doing right look very short-sighted and immature. 

What Anonymous need to look to in the future is to gain some credibility and maturity into their deductions and have a greater public image than a bunch of schoolchildren.

At the end of the day Pai is just a figurehead doing his job. Personal information about him being revealed to all these angry people on the internet (Not to mention all the nutters in America who are going to come to his house now) is just despicable. Anonymous has lost any respect it ever had.