AMD is 0/3 in good purchase experiences.

It's been a decade since I last bought anything AMD or ATi related. I've been staying away precisely because of the 100% failure rate they and their partners had after I made just two purchases.

Since it's been 10 years now, I figured I was being unreasonable to still be shutting AMD out, and I thought I'd take my chances again. Well, bad f**** idea.

Just bought an AMD-based mini-ITX system. The motherboard (MSI FM2-A75IA-E53) is DOA. EVERYTHING I've EVER bought (not just PC hardware either) that has been DOA has been AMD/ ATi or one of their partners.

Not a single one out of over three dozen Intel or Nvidia related products I've bought have been DOA. How is that possible? Is this just me?

Now I have to start RMA-ing a damn christmas present the 12th of December and there is no way it will be here in time.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

MSI make boards for Intel and AMD. I see no way you can blame AMD at all for that. Sure it sucks, but failure rate of AMD parts has never been a big issue. Millions of people could testify to having AMD parts that aren't DOA, lol.

Current rig: i5 4670K | GTX 670 | Asus Z87I-Pro | Silverstone Strider Plus 600W | Custom mITX case | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Samsung 840 120GB | G430 | CM Storm Quickfire Pro - MX Red | LG 21.5"

Did you use wrist straps or at least ground yourself?

Did you grab your delicate components by the heat sink or by the PCB?

Did you read the instructions manual?

Did you line the triangle on the CPU with the one on the motherboard?

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

It's just you, not us or anyone else. Please don't blame someone else.

i think the problem may lie elsewhere..... i have had perfect luck with all of the AMD stuff ive purchased ( around 12 items) even won the silicon lottery once in a while.

or maybe you are just unlucky

That MSI mITX motherboard is probably the worst motherboard made in the past 5 years. The vrm explodes if you attempt to overclock at all.

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

Completely off topic: So there is more norwegian people here... interesting :3

Still using 24/7 a 10 years old Athlon XP 2100+ as a file server. So, yeah, I dont think your AMD vs Intel thing is well based-

AMD Phenom II x6 1055T @ 3.8 GHz | Gigabyte 870A-USB3 | Kingston ValueRAM 2x2GB 1333 MHz | ASUS nVidia ENGTX460 1 GB | Corsair H60 

Cooler Master HAF 912 Advanced Edition | Toshiba 1 TB HDD | Logitech G300 | Cheapo Keyboard | Genius GX Gaming Lychas | SteelSeries Qck Mass Le White

That MSI mITX motherboard is probably the worst motherboard made in the past 5 years. The vrm explodes if you attempt to overclock at all.

Then explain how it has a better rating on Newegg than it's only competitor, AsRock. (It's also cheaper than the AsRock and has Wi-Fi)

I also do not intend to overclock it, nor can I, as I got the Athlon II X4 740.

Did you use wrist straps or at least ground yourself?

Did you grab your delicate components by the heat sink or by the PCB?

Did you read the instructions manual?

Did you line the triangle on the CPU with the one on the motherboard?

Save that shit for the beginners, please.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Have you been buying your stuff from the same place in the past 10 years ? Maybe the store hates amd and damages them for lol.

On a side note, WOW so many people here buys stuff from places that have slooooooooow ass support! If i get a DOA i just go back to the store and get a new one (pre tested to ensure it works) later that day or the next if they have in stock, worst case it takes one week, but that is if im just lazy and wont go to there next shop in the town next door.

Post order is just a valid excuse if your buying from outside the continent.

Have you been buying your stuff from the same place in the past 10 years ? Maybe the store hates amd and damages them for lol.

On a side note, WOW so many people here buys stuff from places that have slooooooooow ass support! If i get a DOA i just go back to the store and get a new one (pre tested to ensure it works) later that day or the next if they have in stock, worst case it takes one week, but that is if im just lazy and wont go to there next shop in the town next door.

Post order is just a valid excuse if your buying from outside the continent.

Um, I live in Northern Norway in a town with 20K people, my closest etailer is 1,408 kilometers away, and I'm pretty sure actual physical shops with computer hardware all went the way of the dodo and mammoths once the internet got widespread...

Then explain how it has a better rating on Newegg than it's only competitor, AsRock. (It's also cheaper than the AsRock and has Wi-Fi)

I also do not intend to overclock it, nor can I, as I got the Athlon II X4 740.

Save that shit for the beginners, please.

I always bought intel, but I recently switched to the AMD side of cpus. It does take a little common sense when buying a motherboard though, you should have done more research on the motherboard outside of newegg. If you would have looked into it further, you would have seen that the vrm is highly volatile and hardly reliable. As for gpus, I am staying with the green team simply because of stability. I have never had a nvidia product arrive DOA, die after use, or act glitchy. I have had numerous bad experiences with Ati/AMD gpus when using them in friends' pc's.

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

mITX & AMD...?

Not exactly what I would call "high quality"

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

Um, I live in Northern Norway in a town with 20K people, my closest etailer is 1,408 kilometers away, and I'm pretty sure actual physical shops with computer hardware all went the way of the dodo and mammoths once the internet got widespread...

Damn, i keep hearing good stuff about Norway but thats news for me! damn, for your sake i hope Webhallen expands even more and comes to norway! They are already in Denmark.

FYI its very common for any board to arrive DOA, its just the sensitive parts + shipping..It happens with every damn board even msi mpower which are physically ran under stress test by real people before they leave the factory.

I still miss my Barton chip, that thing was a tank...

@syrazpc - for all my rambles about PC's -- My Gallifreyan Build In Progress

AMD hates you.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

I've had opposite luck Intel hates me. and so do SSD's and western digital hard drives. i had a hard drive start on fire, had a cap explode in a older corsair power supply "sounds like a shotgun if u haven't heard that before"  2 mobo's die, 3 cpu's all intel, i've ran AMD since Amd Athlon x64 i've had 8 amd cpu's not one gave me a single issue. video cards i've had 4 nvidias total. all 8800 and older started on ATi with HD 3450 and im currently slacking cuz i still have a 5000 series. but not once has my luck been bad with AMD.

i have burned up a MSI board i currently and running a warrantied board. MSI GD70 790FX. cant say its anyones fault but my own. i like to overclock allot. and i never turn off my computer. so lots of hours on my hardware.

It's been a decade since I last bought anything AMD or ATi related. I've been staying away precisely because of the 100% failure rate they and their partners had after I made just two purchases.

Since it's been 10 years now, I figured I was being unreasonable to still be shutting AMD out, and I thought I'd take my chances again. Well, bad f**** idea.

Just bought an AMD-based mini-ITX system. The motherboard (MSI FM2-A75IA-E53) is DOA. EVERYTHING I've EVER bought (not just PC hardware either) that has been DOA has been AMD/ ATi or one of their partners.

Not a single one out of over three dozen Intel or Nvidia related products I've bought have been DOA. How is that possible? Is this just me?

Now I have to start RMA-ing a damn christmas present the 12th of December and there is no way it will be here in time.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Pretty much everything I own is AMD. Never had a DOA part, hell every part I have (tons of old spare parts) all still work...

CPU Overclocking Database <------- Over 275 submissions, and over 40,000 views!                         

GPU Overclocking Database                                                    

First mistake was buying an AMD part from MSI.

They are absolutely horrible when it comes to their AMD parts.

First mistake was buying an AMD part from MSI.

They are absolutely horrible when it comes to their AMD parts.

Again, personal opinion and experience.... I have 2 HD 7950s from MSI, and their 990fxa GD80 board. Both are running just fine, and all three overclock very well.

CPU Overclocking Database <------- Over 275 submissions, and over 40,000 views!                         

GPU Overclocking Database                                                    

Again, personal opinion and experience.... I have 2 HD 7950s from MSI, and their 990fxa GD80 board. Both are running just fine, and all three overclock very well.

I should have said AMD motherboards. They have more problems them not it seems when you compare it to Asus and Gigabyte.