Would you buy this bag?

Worth buying it in your opinion, at least based on what they mention on their funding page?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Should i buy it right now and wait until it arrives next year?

• Yes
    • No

Hey guys, girls.

I was wondering if you could provide with an opinion of yours on this "potential" purchase. Now obviously i wouldn't be asking if this product is worth it without knowing it would bring some benefit to me and my father, but i still feel like i should ask for you opinion since this is a crowdfunding project and there are no realistic, long term user reviews available of it yet (won't be shipping until April 2018 in theory but it is cheaper as of now than when released). I never bought an item that was but a mere concept, however, this company already made other gear focused items and i'm willing to try it out if you folks agree it might be worth it or if you've supported such campaigns in the past.

Have you ever gotten any of the bags Alpaka sells and if so how was the experience (if you'd like to share your opinion)?

Regardless, here's the website if you'd like to check it for yourself and maybe even gain interest i presume. Thanks again.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/air-sling-the-world-s-first-cutproof-sling-bag-travel#/

Groomlake Authority

Shit like this exists already. Don't buy this one.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

I wouldn't be caught dead wearing that thing.

Nah, I'd recommend a mini messenger bag instead. Otherwise known as gadget/organiser bags, you can get good quality ones for less than half the price of that indiegogo campaign one, with guaranteed delivery and manufacture too!

Speedtests

WiFi - 7ms, 22Mb down, 10Mb up

Ethernet - 6ms, 47.5Mb down, 9.7Mb up

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

OS              Windows 10 Pro

CPU             i5-4430S

RAM             8GB CORSAIR XMS3 (2x4gb)

Cooler          LC Power LC-CC-97 65W

Motherboard     ASUS H81M-PLUS

GPU             GeForce GTX 1060

Storage         120GB Sandisk SSD (boot), 750GB Seagate 2.5" (storage), 500GB Seagate 2.5" SSHD (cache)

Spoiler

Type            Server

OS              Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

CPU             Core 2 Duo E6320

RAM             2GB Non-ECC

Motherboard     ASUS P5VD2-MX SE

Storage         RAID 1: 250GB WD Blue and Seagate Barracuda

Uses            Webserver, NAS, Mediaserver, Database Server

Quotes of Fame

On 8/27/2015 at 10:09 AM, Drixen said:

Linus is light years ahead a lot of other YouTubers, he isn't just an average YouTuber.. he's legitimately, legit.

On 10/11/2015 at 11:36 AM, Geralt said:

When something is worth doing, it's worth overdoing.

On 6/22/2016 at 10:05 AM, trag1c said:

It's completely blown out of proportion. Also if you're the least bit worried about data gathering then you should go live in a cave a 1000Km from the nearest establishment simply because every device and every entity gathers information these days. In the current era privacy is just fallacy and nothing more.

1 hour ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

Hey guys, girls.

I was wondering if you could provide with an opinion of yours on this "potential" purchase. Now obviously i wouldn't be asking if this product is worth it without knowing it would bring some benefit to me and my father, but i still feel like i should ask for you opinion since this is a crowdfunding project and there are no realistic, long term user reviews available of it yet (won't be shipping until April 2018 in theory but it is cheaper as of now than when released). I never bought an item that was but a mere concept, however, this company already made other gear focused items and i'm willing to try it out if you folks agree it might be worth it or if you've supported such campaigns in the past.

Have you ever gotten any of the bags Alpaka sells and if so how was the experience (if you'd like to share your opinion)?

Regardless, here's the website if you'd like to check it for yourself and maybe even gain interest i presume. Thanks again.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/air-sling-the-world-s-first-cutproof-sling-bag-travel#/

Here's the thing - depends on why you want it. If you are specifically buying it for the "cut proof" feature, I'd be cautious, and wait for reviews.

Why? Because in most cases, "cut proof" means "you'll still bleed". Most "cut proof" clothing, materials, etc, are straight up lying to you.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

14 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Here's the thing - depends on why you want it. If you are specifically buying it for the "cut proof" feature, I'd be cautious, and wait for reviews.

Why? Because in most cases, "cut proof" means "you'll still bleed". Most "cut proof" clothing, materials, etc, are straight up lying to you.

Yeah, i had that in mind in regards to aquiring it. You are right, nothing is really cut proof - just cut resistant - and i shouldn't take their claims that serious in the 1st place.

The features it offers and the style is appealing to me but like others have said it isn't a given product and will take a long time to ship\arrive (if it even does so) and waiting so long for something that can be found elsewhere, maybe just not with as many features, won't do us any good nor to our wallets.

I haven't really found designs that are interesting nor combine the usability and size this particular product promises to give and that is why i even thought of it (modern design, quality construction and plenty of features) but without reviews i can't plea towards anything.

If i only i knew other brands that offered durable and cozy bags with similar composition i would go for them but at the moment i haven't come across any online :( (searching for the best of the year isn't yielding any positive results either).

Money isn't really the issue but availability and quality, me and my father want and expect quality from a product (but i just haven't been able to find anything and he liked this bag once i showed him). Wonder what to do when i can't find anything else :|...

Groomlake Authority

But why? It holds barely anything. It's an expensive handbag that looks to be more designed towards men. 

Waste of money, plus you can probably find something already similar to that already. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

I need a normal back pack, plan on getting the One plus backpack

Image result for Oneplus backpack

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

I'd like to see the "needs a laser cutter to cut it" claim put to the test. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

14 hours ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

Hey guys, girls.

There are plenty of better alternatives to this, I wouldn't buy it as it isn't really functional, it's so small and if I understand correctly the strap used to hang it on your shoulders is magnetic, so it just makes it easier for someone to rip it right off your back and be gone.

4 hours ago, mr moose said:

I'd like to see the "needs a laser cutter to cut it" claim put to the test. 

Sounds like total marketing BS to me. Something that is laser resistant vs slice resistant can be so different as to make the comparison nonsense and has no meaning.

You could make cloth that is "laser resistant" that would be sliced open by a dollar store steak knife.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

A backpack is cheaper and holds more stuff. Also doesn't make you look like a foreign student lost in the city kek.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

If you want a "cut-proof" bag, get the Bobby from XD-Design. bigger better faster stronger.

“I like being alone. I have control over my own shit. Therefore, in order to win me over, your presence has to feel better than my solitude. You're not competing with another person, you are competing with my comfort zones.”  - portfolio - twitter - instagram - youtube

Dont know if forum rules allow to post YB links.

But hey.

Here's the vod about this stuff.

Agree about waiting for the reviews.

14 minutes ago, SLCH said:

Dont know if forum rules allow to post YB links.

But hey.

Here's the vod about this stuff.

Agree about waiting for the reviews.

I mean, if you were secretly Skal, sure... that would be against the rules as you can't self advertise.

But generally, if it's on topic, it's fine.

Yeah, everyone is right here; it would be a terrible purchase considering what it promises for which price and time of distribution.

I suppose aquiring a smaller bag when compared to a backpack or satchel would still be the goal (seldom i find something really good in-between them).

Whew, finding a quality product that focuses on durability\convenience but doesn't come with a "deluxe or, as linus says, ethereal brand status" sure is incredibly difficult :|!

Groomlake Authority

If you're looking for something between a satchel and a backpack, I picked up one of these a while back and it's served me well:

https://www.amazon.com/OutdoorMaster-Sling-Bag-Crossbody-Backpack/dp/B015OFQIS8/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1513356491&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=OutdoorMaster+Sling+Bag&psc=1 

Large enough for a few changes of clothes, small enough to classify as a "personal item" on an airline.

29 minutes ago, Blasteque said:

If you're looking for something between a satchel and a backpack, I picked up one of these a while back and it's served me well:

https://www.amazon.com/OutdoorMaster-Sling-Bag-Crossbody-Backpack/dp/B015OFQIS8/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1513356491&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=OutdoorMaster+Sling+Bag&psc=1 

Large enough for a few changes of clothes, small enough to classify as a "personal item" on an airline.

Yeah looks nice and the price is really appealing... but it costs 40$ for shipping alone :|...

Groomlake Authority

11 minutes ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

Yeah looks nice and the price is really appealing... but it costs 40$ for shipping alone :|...

That's because it's on Amazon.com (US site). Check your local Amazon. Check other online retailers for the same bag.