Gauging public interest, what case?

Damascus

Damascus's case survey  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Le case

• Heavily modified H500p (with 400mm rad)
    • Dark base 700
    • Define R5 TG/meshify R5?
    • Scratch build (suggestions?)
    • Other (name in comments)
    • Throwaway
    • Air 740
    • Lian li 550x

The centerpeice of this build is this motherboard, the x99 OC Formula (beastly eatx board)image.thumb.jpg.c2a436dc64273ff04355b5b75e5a4429.jpgso the theme is gold and black, check 

The gpu will be a asus strix 980 ti with a full cover bitspower waterblock 

Now for the watercooling!

What I have:

• SE 240
  • PE 360
  • D5 w/pumptop
  • 10 black bitspower 3/8" 5/8" fittings, 4 90 degree and 4 45 degree angles
  • acrylic, spray paint and power tools
  • D5 5.25" pump/res
  • DDC 5.25" pump/res

I am considering:

• heatkiller glass res, maybe with d5 integration 
  • 400mm phobya radiator (if I get an h500p)
  • hardline fitings/tubing
  • primochill Vue (if there's a gold option?)
  • full cover monoblock from bitspower
  • X99 CPU block - either a gold bitspower EF or an x99 supremacy evo

Now what case should I cram this into?

• Heavily modified H500p (mesh front and cut to fit a 400mm rad)
  • Dark base 700
  • FD R5 if it has TG, maybe a meshify R?
  • maybe a scratch build, Im quite handy so it is an option.
  • something else? Name in the comments what you recommend

added 

• air 740
  • lian li 550x

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

that motherboard...

Bildresultat för orgasmic meme

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

5 minutes ago, Damascus said:

The centerpeice of this build is this motherboard, the x99 OC Formula (beastly eatx board)image.thumb.jpg.c2a436dc64273ff04355b5b75e5a4429.jpgso the theme is gold and black, check 

The gpu will be a asus strix 980 ti with a full cover bitspower waterblock 

Now for the watercooling!

What I have:

• SE 240
  • PE 360
  • D5 w/pumptop
  • 10 black bitspower 3/8" 5/8" fittings, 4 90 degree and 4 45 degree angles
  • acrylic, spray paint and power tools
  • D5 5.25" pump/res
  • DDC 5.25" pump/res

I am considering:

• heatkiller glass res, maybe with d5 integration 
  • 400mm phobya radiator (if I get an h500p)
  • hardline fitings/tubing
  • primochill Vue (if there's a gold option?)
  • full cover monoblock from bitspower
  • X99 CPU block - either a gold bitspower EF or an x99 supremacy evo

Now what case should I cram this into?

• Heavily modified H500p (mesh front and cut to fit a 400mm rad)
  • Dark base 700
  • FD R5 if it has TG, maybe a meshify R?
  • maybe a scratch build, Im quite handy so it is an option.
  • something else? Name in the comments what you recommend

This is a good primo hill vue yellow/gold https://www.primochill.com/collections/vue-unique-visual/products/primochill-vue-pre-mix-32oz-yellow

2 minutes ago, e46 said:

Maybe an Air 540 Case?

Thanks for the reminder, I love its brother the air 740.

added to the list 

3 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

that motherboard...

Bildresultat för orgasmic meme

I know, right?  I only paid 110 used for it too, that's less than what my garbage x370 cost

well, i stuffed about that amount of cooling into Northern Bee, and thats in a Define C, GPU is tight though so id probably go for a Define S

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just now, Damascus said:

I know, right?  I only paid 110 used for it too, that's less than what my garbage x370 cost

end my pain right here and now because the Z97 board goes for twice that at a minimum... :( 

Builds:

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

end my pain right here and now because the Z97 board goes for twice that at a minimum... :( 

My two RAM stick look so lonely xD Maybe when ram prices go down I'll invest in a second kit

Just now, Kitayuan said:

One of my favourite cases is the corsair obsidian 900D http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/obsidian-series-900d-super-tower-case 

a bit costly but it looks really nice

It's a bit big and I have some concerns in regards to build quality 

1 minute ago, Damascus said:

I think build quality is good, but there's no debate on its size 

Just now, Damascus said:

My two RAM stick look so lonely xD Maybe when ram prices go down I'll invest in a second kit

i snatched up 4x4GB of 2133MHz DDR3 for €55 with shipping just today, but not for that reason mainly :P 

2 minutes ago, Damascus said:

Now to spam tag some peeps with nice wc builds :D

@For Science! @done12many2 @NavyChief

y i no in dat list >:( 

/s

Builds:

Spoiler

10 minutes ago, Damascus said:

8 minutes ago, Kitayuan said:

I think build quality is good, but there's no debate on its size 

I think the build quality of the 900D is indeed rather questionable. The steel bends quite easily and things like the enforced 5.25" bays annoyed me when I built mine. I also don't think for a simple build its justified (too big, as Damascus already said).

H500P is you fix the airflow situation or FD gets my vote. Depends on the looks you're after (I personally prefer the FD case)

3 minutes ago, For Science! said:

I think the build quality of the 900D is indeed rather questionable. The steel bends quite easily and things like the enforced 5.25" bays annoyed me when I built mine. I also don't think for a simple build its justified (too big, as Damascus already said).

H500P is you fix the airflow situation or FD gets my vote. Depends on the looks you're after (I personally prefer the FD case)

Biggest issue with the Define R5 is that there just isn't a meshify/TG version out.  I'm hoping for one but if it doesn't exist I can't buy it

Just now, Damascus said:

Biggest issue with the Define R5 is that there just isn't a meshify/TG version out.  I'm hoping for one but if it doesn't exist I can't buy it

Or go for the Meshify C, it'll mean you're limited to slim rads, but it'll be good enough for a single 980Ti I think

Just now, For Science! said:

Or go for the Meshify C, it'll mean you're limited to slim rads, but it'll be good enough for a single 980Ti I think

I could fit the radiators in there, bigger issue is the mobo.  It's eatx and that kinda wrecks the meshify

Image result for meshify C eatx

25 minutes ago, Damascus said:

Now to spam tag some peeps with nice wc builds :D

@For Science! @done12many2 @NavyChief

Buddy, I think you already know that I am a Caselabs junky.  xD

They are expensive as all hell, but it will be the last case you buy for a really long time.  Even when new tech is released, Caselabs updates the removable parts such as rad, HDD, and misc water cooling mounts along with I/O ports to accommodate the new stuff like changes in USB standards.  Tons of room for activities and specifically designed for full custom loops.  

You may spend a lot up front, but like I said, you won't be buying another for a very long time.  

2 minutes ago, Damascus said:

I could fit the radiators in there, bigger issue is the mobo.  It's eatx and that kinda wrecks the meshify

With the PE360 the rad + fan will likely collide in with a full length graphics card. But yes, the E-ATX is a larger problem...The Air740 is a good case too, there is ample space for the setup. Although I find there is too much space in the back wasted.

Just now, done12many2 said:

Buddy, I think you already know that I am a Caselabs junky.  xD

Sooomedaaayy, over the rainbow!  

When I make more than minimum wage I'll probably invest in a caselabs, or mill something comparable for myself.  For now I think I'll need to cap myself at $200

TBH I expected this response, what do you think of using a modified h500p for 400mm in the front and 360 up above?

4 minutes ago, For Science! said:

got a 45mm rad in the front, only limited to a slim rad up top, unless you have a longer than 270mm long GPU

3 minutes ago, Damascus said:

i think that motherboard would fit that, but yah it would be really tight

Builds:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

got a 45mm rad in the front, only limited to a slim rad up top, unless you have a longer than 270mm long GPU

8 minutes ago, Damascus said:

305mm

3 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

i think that motherboard would fit that, but yah it would be really tight

Nah EATX wouldnt work in the Define C series, unless you want to hammer out the cable management area. Bitwit's build on the boat is a good referenfce.

Just now, Damascus said:

305mm

well thats GG Define C frame out of the question basically, like i said the Define S would be a good pick IMO, seeing as its mainly just a thiccer Define C with more room for watercooling, sadly has no PSU shroud though but nor does the R5

Builds:

Spoiler