Gauging public interest, what case?

Damascus

Damascus's case survey  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Le case

• Heavily modified H500p (with 400mm rad)
    • Dark base 700
    • Define R5 TG/meshify R5?
    • Scratch build (suggestions?)
    • Other (name in comments)
    • Throwaway
    • Air 740
    • Lian li 550x

5 minutes ago, Damascus said:

Sooomedaaayy, over the rainbow!  

When I make more than minimum wage I'll probably invest in a caselabs, or mill something comparable for myself.  For now I think I'll need to cap myself at $200

No worries and I completely understand. 

5 minutes ago, Damascus said:

TBH I expected this response, what do you think of using a modified h500p for 400mm in the front and 360 up above?

When modifying a case, the sky is the limit, but with that said, you are still limited to the interior volume of the case, unless you were to go really nuts.  xD  If you were to do a 360mm up top and a 400 mm up front, I think you might find the width (200mm) to be a bit much to deal with for the entire length of the rad (~450mm).  The 200mm fan mounting locations would also definitely have to change as I'm sure that weren't configured for use with a 400mm rad.  

Then there's the fact that on top of installing a GPU and all of its plumbing, you still need to squeeze a pump in there somewhere.  

8 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

When modifying a case, the sky is the limit, but with that said, you are still limited to the interior volume of the case, unless you were to go really nuts.  xD  If you were to do a 360mm up top and a 400 mm up front, I think you might find the width (200mm) to be a bit much to deal with for the entire length of the rad (~450mm).  The 200mm fan mounting locations would also definitely have to change as I'm sure that weren't configured for use with a 400mm rad.  

Then there's the fact that on top of installing a GPU and all of its plumbing, you still need to squeeze a pump in there somewhere.  

Thinking 400mm on the front with 360 up above with the pump either tucked into the basement or part of the tube res.  

Fun thing, the radiators use the same fan hole locations as the included fans

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

Other: Case-Labs

There a new SMA8 going to be released soon.

I personally love my case, THW10. Which I consider to be god tier, There is allot of space to fit anything you want inside of it.

Most Cases have pedestals if you need even more space.

Current Build: Project Frost
Gaming Rig Build: Project Ice Dragon

@Revan654 again the answer is "if I had a grand for cases that's the one I'd get"

anything to else to recommend?

11 minutes ago, Damascus said:

Thinking 400mm on the front with 360 up above with the pump either tucked into the basement or part of the tube res.  

Fun thing, the radiators use the same fan hole locations as the included fans

That's great.  I would not have expected the fan holes to line up with a 400mm rad since it's not a common rad size and not technically supported by the case.  Good for you bud!

Another fun fact.  A 400mm radiator is about 85% more surface area than the 360mm rad that you will use up top and 178% more surface area than the 240mm rad that you already have. 

You will get 71% more overall surface area when using a 360mm + 400mm compared to a 360mm + 240mm.  Hope that helps in deciding if the 400mm is worth it over the 240mm.  :D

Just now, done12many2 said:

You will get 71% more overall surface area when using a 360mm + 400mm compared to a 360mm + 240mm.  Hope that helps in deciding if the 400mm is worth it over the 240mm.  :D

Oh, it's absolutely worth it!  Especially with the included fans being on par with noctua's offerings it's no competition to a low performance slim 240

3 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

That's great.  I would not have expected the fan holes to line up with a 400mm rad since it's not a common rad size and not technically supported by the case.  Good for you bud!

The current rgb fans are based off of an older design from when this stuff was more popular, the phobya rad was built to be compatible with those fans and it transferred over (according to a CM rep)

10 minutes ago, Damascus said:

@Revan654 again the answer is "if I had a grand for cases that's the one I'd get"

anything to else to recommend?

Case-Labs do have Bullet cases if you want something Small, There only 200 dollars and you can fit a 280 radiator inside one.

InWin 509 looks nice.

1 minute ago, Damascus said:

The current rgb fans are based off of an older design from when this stuff was more popular, the phobya rad was built to be compatible with those fans and it transferred over (according to a CM rep)

That's pretty damn awesome.  Well, it's looks like you have a case picked.  :D

8 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

That's pretty damn awesome.  Well, it's looks like you have a case picked.  :D

Yup, this is my current first place (despite 0% votes)

the db 700 is what I'll get if I run out of budget :P

btw do you think a monoblock is worth it?  Specifically a bitspower block that's actually a CPU block + vrm blocks in a neat looking package 

3 hours ago, Damascus said:

Yup, this is my current first place (despite 0% votes)

the db 700 is what I'll get if I run out of budget :P

btw do you think a monoblock is worth it?  Specifically a bitspower block that's actually a CPU block + vrm blocks in a neat looking package 

Bitspower blocks are not that Great, If you want a MonoBlock I suggest looking at EK.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Damascus said:

@Bananasplit_00 @For Science! @done12many2 @Revan654

GG fractal, looks like I know what case I'm getting

im legit  thinking il sell my Define C for it too.... its so good

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

9 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

im legit  thinking il sell my Define C for it too.... its so good

It's got E-ATX SUPPORT!!!

4 hours ago, done12many2 said:

@Damascus Sweet case for sure.  Not sure is it has enough room for storage though. :)

Just invested in 1tb of m.2 nvme storage (Woooo!) so if I need more space I throw some 2.5" ssd's or hdd's on the back