Some must have PS4 games?

Underi

I'm looking to get some use for my PS4 so I'd like to know some good games. I'd preferably buy PS4 exclusive and/or games that aren't 50 euros a piece. I'm fine with games that necessarily aren't exclusives but chances are I already have it on PC or am not interested. Get some suggestions coming guys!

My stuff:

Spoiler

CPU :  Intel i5 8400 | GPU : MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB

RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 3600MHz

Mouse : Logitech G502 HERO SE | Keyboard : Mountain Everest Max w/ Cherry MX Brown

Headset : Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro 250Ω w/ AT2020USB+

Monitor : Acer XF240H @  144Hz

Red Dead Redemption 2

The Last of Us 2

Horizon Zero Dawn

Final Fantasy XV

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

As someone who bought GT Sport at launch, I was mildly miffed it was steeply discounted during Black Friday sales. Maybe it isn't selling as great as they hope, but I find it a reasonable continuation if you like the previous games of the series.

Don't have many games on my PS4 so can't really recommend further...

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Alienware AW3225QF (32" 240 Hz OLED)
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, iiyama ProLite XU2793QSU-B6 (27" 1440p 100 Hz)
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

1 minute ago, Princess Cadence said:

Final Fantasy XV

PC version isn't far off, and if you're waited this long, might as well wait a bit more for that.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Alienware AW3225QF (32" 240 Hz OLED)
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, iiyama ProLite XU2793QSU-B6 (27" 1440p 100 Hz)
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

Just now, porina said:

PC version isn't far off, and if you're waited this long, might as well wait a bit more for that.

Oh trust me I am waiting anxiously for it to put my 1080 Ti to work, but he did ask PS4 and well that is a title that always comes to my mind if you want good games there ^^

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

Oh trust me I am waiting anxiously for it to put my 1080 Ti to work, but he did ask PS4 and well that is a title that always comes to my mind if you want good games there ^^

I was so up on the hype of that game, got it a launch, played it for about 2 hours and haven't touched it since. I'm not a fan of the combat system where you, like, actually have to do stuff now? If I ever have spare time I'll give it another go, but FFXIV is my timesink still. On that note, it is also available for PS4 but I'd still prefer it on PC.

2 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

Well I'm getting a new PC in January, would do sooner, but the availability for i5 8400 is pretty poor. I've always been fascinated by the Final Fantasy series and I've always wanted to play it but last time I did it was subscription based, hella confusing and most of the games were from early 2010's so I didn't bother.

My stuff:

Spoiler

CPU :  Intel i5 8400 | GPU : MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB

RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 3600MHz

Mouse : Logitech G502 HERO SE | Keyboard : Mountain Everest Max w/ Cherry MX Brown

Headset : Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro 250Ω w/ AT2020USB+

Monitor : Acer XF240H @  144Hz

Just now, porina said:

Whilst I also really like the former combat systems I also love the current one, it is like The Witcher 3 in the future xD also I loved the movie Sony made to promote it, I love the worlds story and since I'm a great story-driven single player games whore I know I'll love it... the only major upset I have is that you can't drive the car freely... I honestly thought that was bulls xD

Personal Desktop":

2 minutes ago, Underi said:

Well I'm getting a new PC in January, would do sooner, but the availability for i5 8400 is pretty poor. I've always been fascinated by the Final Fantasy series and I've always wanted to play it but last time I did it was subscription based, hella confusing and most of the games were from early 2010's so I didn't bother.

FFXI and FFXIV are MMORPGs and subscription based. FFXIV does have unlimited time free trial if you wanted to look again, but you need to pay to go past a certain level.

FFXV like other main line story games don't require regular subscription. With XV they have gone the DLC route for more stuff above base game.

Whilst I also really like the former combat systems I also love the current one, it is like The Witcher 3 in the future xD also I loved the movie Sony made to promote it, I love the worlds story and since I'm a great story-driven single player games whore I know I'll love it... the only major upset I have is that you can't drive the car freely... I honestly thought that was bulls xD

If I had known I didn't like the combat system that much (it seemed ok in the demo) I wouldn't have bought it all. I just watch gameplay videos on youtube to get the story. I did that with Nier Automata - tried the demo on PS4, couldn't cope with the combat system, and just got the story from youtube. I did buy the soundtrack so in a way they got some cash off me. Possibly the best game soundtrack ever.

Maybe a weird suggestion, but the last game I completed in PS4 was Life is Stange. Was a free PSN game. Really enjoyed playing it. :)

Another vote on Horizon Zero Dawn.

Okami HD is coming out this month.

Ratchet and Clank

Shadow of the Colossus comes out early next year.

The few I can think of at the moment.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

Horizon Zero Dawn. if you liked Witcher 3 or Zelda BotW you'll definitely like this game. The expansion The Frozen Wilds is good too, it's included in the Complete Edition

Uncharted series. the PS4 collection of the first three are available, then Uncharted 4. I recommend starting at the first if you're new to Uncharted. consider The Lost Legacy if you liked playing Uncharted

Persona 5. Warning! Massive time sink 

Last of Us. Good time to play it now that Part II is announced 

Bloodborne. if you liked Dark Souls and/or difficult games. grab the DLC too if you can

Final fantasy XV. don't need to play the other games

inFamous Second Son. 

Kingdom Hearts PS4 collections. not for everyone, but good prep for KH3 

I don't know your preferences so I'll just pick my not on PC favs, which are RPGs, so if that ain't your thing then I'm not the right person to give suggestions for you haha

- Persona 5. Maybe a hard sell if you're not into its anime style or turn-based combat. A lot of reading.

- Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age. A remaster of a PS2 game. One of my fav FFs. Inspired by western RPGs. Granted you can get RPGs of similar combat in PC games like Dragon Age that arguably better, but I still think this one is fun nevertheless.

1. Blooborne

2. Persona 5

3. Horizon Zero Dawn

4. The Last of Us Remastered

5. Yakuza 0

6. Odin Sphere Leifthrasir (though you should be able to play the PS3 version of this game well on the RPCS3 emulator with your i5-4460 + GTX 970)

6 hours ago, Ithanul said:

Another vote on Horizon Zero Dawn.

Okami HD is coming out this month.

Ratchet and Clank

Shadow of the Colossus comes out early next year.

The few I can think of at the moment.

Okami will also be coming out on PC on Tuesday.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/587620/OKAMI_HD/

How are you not going to recommend Persona 5 though when you got Mona in your avatar? xD

4 hours ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Lots of people recommend Persona 5. I'm only holding off because I know it's a 100+ hour time sink.

There's also the Uncharted series, which the PS4 has the PS3 games on a single collection.

It's $30 today on the PS Store (last day of the sale). You shouldn't hold off, it's incredible.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP2611-CUSA05877_00-PERSONA512345678

Uncharted ([1-2-3]=Nathan Drake collection, 4 & There's Lost Legacy too)

Last of Us

Horizon Zero Dawn

Nioh (But now on PC, so if you can get it there)

Persona 5

Bloodborne

Crash Bandicoot

Driveclub (Getting it (Season pass + Bikes Expansion) on sale is really worth the price, lots of content)

Infamous (+ Second Light)

A few upcoming ones I'm really looking forward to:

Death Stranding (trailers)

God Of War

Spiderman

Last of Us 2

Days Gone

Ghost of Tsushima (Interesting premise, no gameplay yet though)

13 hours ago, Underi said:

I'm looking to get some use for my PS4 so I'd like to know some good games. I'd preferably buy PS4 exclusive and/or games that aren't 50 euros a piece. I'm fine with games that necessarily aren't exclusives but chances are I already have it on PC or am not interested. Get some suggestions coming guys!

If you're interested in the remasters of the first three Uncharted games, the collection is $8 on the Playstation Store. But the sale ends at 8AM PST sharp tomorrow, so act fast if you want the games. It usually sells for $20 and it's a bargain at that price too.

Then Uncharted 4 can be bought used from Gamestop for $10.

On 8.12.2017 at 2:41 PM, Underi said:

You have to look for good deals, sometimes in the Store.

What I'd recommend:
Horizon Zero Dawn

Persona 5

Uncharted - Nathan Drake Collection
Uncharted 4 + Lost Legacy

Final Fantasy XII the Zodiac Age

Ratchet + Clank

God of War III Remastered

Maybe Star Ocean Integrity and Faithlessness, Kingdom Hearts, The Order 1886.

Non Exclusive:
Tales Of Berseria

Tales of Zestiria

Nier Automata

Star Ocean new Hope

On 8.12.2017 at 2:52 PM, Princess Cadence said:

Final Fantasy XV

Not really. And only if it is on sale. 
I bought it for 50€ and it was very disapointing.

FF XII is way way better than that...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

1 hour ago, Stefan Payne said:

You have to look for good deals, sometimes in the Store.

What I'd recommend:
Horizon Zero Dawn

Persona 5

Uncharted - Nathan Drake Collection
Uncharted 4 + Lost Legacy

Final Fantasy XII the Zodiac Age

Ratchet + Clank

God of War III Remastered

Maybe Star Ocean Integrity and Faithlessness, Kingdom Hearts, The Order 1886.

Non Exclusive:
Tales Of Berseria

Tales of Zestiria

Nier Automata

Star Ocean new Hope

Not really. And only if it is on sale. 
I bought it for 50€ and it was very disapointing.

FF XII is way way better than that...

Good list, except he'll probably be better off playing Witcher 3 and NieR Automata on PC since he has a pretty strong system. NieR Automata for sure since it doesn't have any PS4 Pro optimizations AFAIK other than running at 1080p on the Pro vs 900p on the base PS4. Witcher 3 you'd be talking a tradeoff between 60 fps on PC vs higher resolution on PS4 Pro.

37 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Witcher 3

Witcher 3??

And the ones in the 'Non Exclusives' category are all available on Steam. 

Bug I didn't mention Witcher 3. I don't see that as a console game at all.

NieR Automata on PC since he has a pretty strong system.

Nier Automata is a pretty garbage PC Port.

I had to run it with my old Tahiti card, Crossfire doesn't work. 

And many people say something about performance problems (though they seem to have GTX 970 so I'd not rate it too highly)...

NieR Automata for sure since it doesn't have any PS4 Pro optimizations AFAIK other than running at 1080p on the Pro vs 900p on the base PS4.

Yeah, but some things about the Pods an the touchpad that the PC version doesn't have.

Though I've not tried it with the PS4 controller yet.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

1 hour ago, Stefan Payne said:

Witcher 3??

And the ones in the 'Non Exclusives' category are all available on Steam. 

Bug I didn't mention Witcher 3. I don't see that as a console game at all.

Nier Automata is a pretty garbage PC Port.

I had to run it with my old Tahiti card, Crossfire doesn't work. 

And many people say something about performance problems (though they seem to have GTX 970 so I'd not rate it too highly)...

Yeah, but some things about the Pods an the touchpad that the PC version doesn't have.

Though I've not tried it with the PS4 controller yet.

NieR Automata's PC port is indeed terrible, but I played through the entire game on my GTX 970 and could maintain a locked 60 fps with high settings at 1080p using FAR and setting the global illumination quality to medium through FAR. That setting has an enormous impact on performance without changing the visuals very much. But for the quality of graphics any kind of decently optimized port should have run 80-100 fps on ultra on a 970 considering I can do that on much better looking games like GTA V or Dying Light on my 970.

I also played through the entire game on PS4 (though Slim, and to a platinum tropy) and never noticed anything with the PS4 touchpad other than touching the right side was the same as the options button and the left side was the same as touching the share button.