Bit coin hit 17,500 thousand

Message added by vanished

With the number of "Bitcoin hits $____!" threads lately, a decision has been made to not allow them in the Tech News section anymore.  It's no different than posting the value of any other random thing on a daily basis, which I think you will agree is something that should not be done.  Additionally, this creates an issue where there is a new thread made every time it hits a new high, thus splitting the conversation across multiple threads, which we try to avoid with any topic.  Ideally, these threads will stop altogether as it just starts to become clutter after a while, but if you must, please keep them to the folding subforum which this has now been moved to.

in the past month the price off bit coin has gone up extremely fast and Making a article about it is almost guaranteed to be outdated a day later and the price has gone from 9885 to above 1700 in a week

and all current articile are already out dated saying it is only 15000 or 16000

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2017/12/07/bitcoin-tops-15-000-and-its-259-b-market-value-tops-home-depot/929962001/

Bitcoin — which many Wall Street pros claim is a speculative frenzy and financial bubble — has boosted the digital currency's market value so much that it's now worth more than 488 of the 500 U.S. companies in the Standard & Poor's 500 stock index. So only 12 companies in the large-cap stock index have market values greater than Bitcoin, S&P Dow Jones Indices data through Dec. 6 show. 

BithumbBitcoinPrice17000_CCN_12.7.2017.png

yesterday ( december 6th 2017 ) it rose 1300 dollars 

FYI I going to try and keep this thread up to date.

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

Yeah wish I had mined some bitcoins way back when... not that I'd know what to do with the bitcoins anyway xD

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

Oh my. :o Can someone build me a time machine so that I can go back in time and buy a ton of bitcoins?

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

Bruh the best part is that SpectroCoin doesn't want to look at my verification process so I can't buy BitCoin at the moment.

Just now, PCGuy_5960 said:

Oh my. :o Can someone build me a time machine so that I can go back in time and buy a ton of bitcoins?

Be honest, if that was possible, how many would you buy :D ?

Don't trust it, something shady is definitely afoot. 

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

can we not have multiple threads about the same continuing spike?

and this is slower then stuff in the past it just so happens to be a big number.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

3 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

can we not have multiple threads about the same continuing spike?

and this is slower then stuff in the past it just so happens to be a big number.

Why do you care how many threads are up?

9 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Unfortunately this would create a paradox; the events would never transpire that would make you want to go back in time and change the events

Bad luck there :(

1 minute ago, Spenser1337 said:

because is spam, and reposts basically. why fill up the front page of news with the same thing?

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

Just now, Spenser1337 said:

Because the forum would become a mess with the same discussion going on in 3 different threads.

15 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

because is spam, and reposts basically. why fill up the front page of news with the same thing?

Does this change your life in any way, shape or form?

15 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

Because the forum would become a mess with the same discussion going on in 3 different threads.

Oh no my Internet forum is cluttered!!

17 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

yeah I should have put in The Mining and folding thread sorry :( Also @The Benjamins

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

23 minutes ago, Tcrumpen said:

Unfortunately this would create a paradox; the events would never transpire that would make you want to go back in time and change the events

Bad luck there :(

who said he would then be on the same timeline :)

Just now, cj09beira said:

who said he would then be on the same timeline :)

That's the point i'm making, the events won't happen the same way which could be and alternate timeline

Just now, Tcrumpen said:

That's the point i'm making, the events won't happen the same way which could be and alternate timeline

this him would not be rich, but the him that went back would 

Just now, cj09beira said:

this him would not be rich, but the him that went back would 

"This is hot tub time machine all over again" - sorry couldn't resist a Big Bang Theory Reference

41 minutes ago, paddy-stone said:

Yeah wish I had mined some bitcoins way back when... not that I'd know what to do with the bitcoins anyway xD

Change them back to cash?  if you bought $5,000 worth even when bitcoin hit $1,000 youd be comming up on  85,000.00 and if you did it before then it would be massively more. 

Hindsight is 20/20 Just like the stock market Some jump and you can look back and show exactly how you could of Made 10x your money. Doing this and putting real money bets/investments in it and getting it right and then even timing your exit at the right time is 1000 times easier said then done. 

you guys need to takes this guys stuff he has over 1 million bit coin ahead of the FBI

Satoshi Nakamoto

image.jpeg.06ea93d1323bc39369b3a5477551e650.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Eduard the weeb said:

you guys need to takes this guys stuff he has over 1 million bit coin ahead of the FBI

Satoshi Nakamoto

image.jpeg.06ea93d1323bc39369b3a5477551e650.jpeg

he is also unnamed just what he goes by, and probably not his actual picture

37 minutes ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

Don't trust it, something shady is definitely afoot. 

Nahhhhhhhhh.....

1382A09A-19EE-42F3-8FFA-B52106B21FBA.jpeg

7656745D-ADD6-4C86-AB8B-F259E09B4194.jpeg

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.1v / Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P / Ram: 32GB 3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 Team Vulcan (4x8GB) / Storage: 1x 1TB Lite-on EP2, 2x 128GB PM851 SSD, 3x 1TB WD Blues / Gpu: GTX Titan X (Pascal) / Case: Corsair 400c Carbide / Psu: Corsair RMi 750w / OS: Windows 10

Spoiler

I'm lonely, PM me to be my friend!

3 minutes ago, Eduard the weeb said:

he is also unnamed just what he goes by

so is that why people call, 0.00000001btc one satoshi?

3 minutes ago, Ashiella said:

Nahhhhhhhhh.....

1382A09A-19EE-42F3-8FFA-B52106B21FBA.jpeg

7656745D-ADD6-4C86-AB8B-F259E09B4194.jpeg

I made this an hour ago ok fam.