President Obama calls on every American to learn code

loganryan99

Must create more NSA hackers

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

"Learning these skills isn't just important for your future, it's important for our country's future."

You know what else is important? Bringing the 'change' that you promised years ago.

It's good that he's at least supporting this, though.

One of the rare occasions Obama said something that wasn't plagued with political motivation that I agree with.

cool i started learning HTML and wanted to start learning java and others. We need more focus on this stuff in school there is only 1-2 classes that teach any coding.

My rig  case- Graphite 600t white CPU-i5 3570k OC 4.0Ghz RAM- 8gb Vengeance memory HDD-WD Black 1tb PSU-tx650 GPU- MSI 770 gameing edition 2gb , gtx 650 1gb Motherboard- asrock extreme 3 z77 Fan controller- NZXT sentry lx CPU cooler- H60 Peripherals- g300 mouse G630 headset k70 silver cherry mx red switches  my free nas nas Case- Dell something.. Ram- 8 gb ecc ddr 2 CPU - Pentium D 3.0ghz HDD currently 160 gb adding 3tb wd red “Sucking at something is the first step to being sorta good at something” –Jake the Dog

Is he trying to take my job? I guess I can at least say Obama took ma Jerb!

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

Isn't the industry already saturated?

(or so I was under the impression)

There's always a demand for programmers (at least where I live)

Specs: CPU: AMD FX 6300 Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A DS3P RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz GPU: MSI R9 270 OC edition Case: Sharkoon VS3-S SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB HDD: 1TB Caviar Blue PSU: Corsair CX500W

*If I say something that seems offensive, please don't take it seriously, it was most likely meant as a joke/sarcastically*

If you're good there's jobs, most of the time though unless you know people at a place it's fairly difficult to find a place that needs a programer.

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

America striving towards the "American dream" to which I don't even know what that statement could potentially mean at this present moment :(

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

I'm learning arduino and learning to program java for FIRST Robotics to code the robot. I want to be in the video game industry or engineering field when I'm older. I've looked at easy C and C++ and sort of understood it. 

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

I HATE OBAMA

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

Not at all, (literally) 99% of Computer Scientists have a job in the field within 6 months after graduating here in Denmark, the last 1% being jobless by choice.

I find I funny how he pushes this after the healthcare.gov fail

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Must. Take. All. App. Ideas.

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

Not at all, (literally) 99% of Computer Scientists have a job in the field within 6 months after graduating here in Denmark, the last 1% being jobless by choice.

President of Denmark is Obama... I like that ring a lot better then "President of the USA, Obama"

Not to sound or be offensive, but this is specifically for "Americans" and while we have many abroad, I'm pretty sure this is for those residing in the US. To my knowledge, coders are pretty well saturated here. On the bright side - it looks like if we want to go abroad we can go to Denmark and get a job as a coder there!

EDIT: Wow that was a long run-on sentence. Should be better now.

Edited by Zeo2002

President of Denmark is Obama... I like that ring a lot better then "President of the USA, Obama"

Not to sound or be offensive, but this is specifically for "Americans" and while we have many abroad, I'm pretty sure this is for those residing in the US, where to my knowledge, coders are pretty well saturated. But, on the bright side - it looks like if we want to go abroad we can go to Denmark and get a job as a coder there!

That's odd, many of our CS graduates actually move to the US to work. Maybe your market is saturated because we're stealing your jobs. In an case I definitely intend to move to the US when I'm done in 1½ years.

Around Pittsburgh companies are screaming for computer science and software engineers. Plenty of jobs, not enough skilled people to fill them. For instance at one internship they needed 10 programmers for a rework of internal software tools. They got 23 applicants, only two people out of the entire lot had the required knowledge, Myself and one of my buddies that I roomed with. The others just didn't have the right skill-set (which was most of them), didn't present themselves well (about 1/3) or came from "Generation Entitlement" where they believed they could just get a job by walking through the front door and saying "Im Taking Programming Courses!!".

What got me and my buddy the job was basic skills in communication ( interview skills), skills in C# and Agile Development and what no other applicant even had.....a software portfolio filled with tons of different little projects either for classes or just for enjoyment ranging from small games using game engines like unity, to file browsers and keyloggers created with C#. Sure they were tiny and were rather simplistic but it shows that you knew your stuff and that you are actively learning something.

It's a good thing to learn. More and more of the things around us are being computerized in one way or another, so there will be more and more things that require someone to program them.

Wait a president that might understand the importance of technology? Perhaps this might save us from this horrible fate: http://www.coding2learn.org/blog/2013/07/29/kids-cant-use-computers/

He can't even get a website working after 3 years and millions of dollars.The only tech Obama knows is the teleprompter as he can't do anything without that guiding his every move.

post-14027-0-75606200-1386645183.jpg