Have You Replaced Your Wallet Yet?

Which major E-wallet do you use?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which major E-wallet do you use?

• Google Wallet
    • Apple Wallet
    • Other
    • I Dont Use One
  2. 2. Which major E-Payment system do you think is better?

• Andriod Pay
    • Apple Pay
    • Samsung Pay
    • Other
    • I Don’t Use One

I lost my wallet yesterday. I have looked everywhere. Had help looking for it too. All I can think is that it was taken out of my coat at work when I left my coat there. I'm frustrated because I always lose my wallet and then find it after tracing my steps. This time I can't find it which got me thinking; I never lose my phone, so should I get a phone wallet? I'll never lose my wallet again, but I hate phone wallets. I think they look tacky and I don't want to hold my phone in a case that has some cards sticking out of it. I'm thinking about going fully digital, but I need to know if it is still too early to do so.

Here's some questions:

What E-wallet do you use and why? 

Were you able to get rid of all your cards except your driver's license / State ID / FOID card?

If you went full digital with the few exceptions of identification, what were the difficulties? 

Thanks!

[EDIT]: More options to poll have been added

Edited by ThorThe1
Added more Polling choices.

Well while Android pay was nice i still carry wity me my wallet. Plus you kinda are out of luck with any cash

Primary Laptop (Gearsy MK4): Ryzen 9 5900HX, Radeon RX 6800M, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 24 GB DDR4 2400 Mhz, 512 GB SSD+1TB SSD, 15.6 in 300 Hz IPS display

2021 Asus ROG Strix G15 Advantage Edition

Secondary Laptop (Uni MK2): Ryzen 7 5800HS, Nvidia GTX 1650, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 16 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz, 512 GB SSD 

2021 Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 

Meme Machine (Uni MK1): Shintel Core i5 7200U, Nvidia GT 940MX, 24 GB DDR4 2133 Mhz, 256 GB SSD+500GB HDD, 15.6 in TN Display 

2016 Acer Aspire E5 575 

Retired Laptop (Gearsy MK2): Ryzen 5 2500U, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 12 GB 2400 Mhz DDR4, 256 GB NVME SSD, 15.6" 1080p IPS Touchscreen 

2017 HP Envy X360 15z (Ryzen)

PC (Gearsy): A6 3650, HD 6530D , 8 GB 1600 Mhz Kingston DDR3, Some Random Mobo Lol, EVGA 450W BT PSU, Stock Cooler, 128 GB Kingston SSD, 1 TB WD Blue 7200 RPM

HP P7 1234 (Yes It's Actually Called That)  RIP 

Also im happy to answer any Ryzen Mobile questions if anyone is interested! 

29 minutes ago, silentprototipe said:

Well while Android pay was nice i still carry wity me my wallet. Plus you kinda are out of luck with any cash

I almost never carry cash on me, so it wouldn’t be a huge game changer in that aspect. Is there anything you carry in your wallet that can’t be digitized yet? 

Us danes already have a thing called mobilepay which is very common, a lot of stores have support for it, and most people have it so it is generally very used when you buy used stuff.

Though it is not even close to replacing my wallet, there are still places that don't accept mobilepay or for that sake any credit cards, so physical cash is needed, plus I would also need my wallet to store my drivers license, student ID card, credit card and other cards. 

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

15 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

Us danes already have a thing called mobilepay which is very common, a lot of stores have support for it, and most people have it so it is generally very used when you buy used stuff.

Though it is not even close to replacing my wallet, there are still places that don't accept mobilepay or for that sake any credit cards, so physical cash is needed, plus I would also need my wallet to store my drivers license, student ID card, credit card and other cards. 

Not to mention that the electronic Dankort is pretty much the worst piece of garbage.

Oh, and ApplePay, which was just introduced, has been reported to the authorities for suppossed noncompliance with both Danish and EU law.

I also don't see myself replacing my wallet any time soon.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

2 minutes ago, Volbet said:

Not to mention that the electronic Dankort is pretty much the worst piece of garbage.

Oh, and ApplePay,, which was just introduced, has been reported to the authorities for supposs3e noncompliance with both Danish and EU law.

I also don't see myself replacing my wallet any time soon.

What hat type of non-compliance?

3 hours ago, ThorThe1 said:

What hat type of non-compliance?

Skewing of the competition in favor of a more expensive solution.

The problem is that there are two slightly different models for card payments: the aforementioned Dankort and the normal cards like Visa and Mastercard.

When you buy stuff within the Danish territories the Dankort is a much cheaper solution, but Apple decided to remove the option to use the Dankort within ApplePay, thereby making it more expensive to use for the consumer to use it.

https://www.dr.dk/nyheder/penge/forbrugerraadet-anmelder-apple-pay-til-konkurrencestyrelsen

Samsung Pay is missing from here lol

Not that I use that as my primary mobile payment source even tho I do have a Samsung phone.

I use Android pay whenever I can as I think it's easier and quicker than using the EMV chip in my card.

But effectively there's not much in the way of the difference of Apple pay and Android pay it literally comes down to what platform you're on and while you can waste your time arguing which one is better. Both OSes serve a purpose and it's up to the consumer to decide which one is the better fit for them, it does more harm than good to project your own preferences on to them because you've got a hard-on for Company X but the customer is interested in something from Company F, unless that thing from Company F is objectively shitty then it's stupid to act like an unofficial spokesperson for Company X.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

You cannot just not have a wallet, You need it for ID, plus some cards, such as public transport cards that do not allow you to use the NFC on your phone with them.

If I had a phone with NFC, I'd still need my licence, Medicare Card, Myki Card (Public Transport Card), private health insurance card, a debit card for stores that do not accept paywave, and cash, for stores that don't even support card.

2 hours ago, CUDA_Cores said:

Here's the reason I don't use a digital wallet:

Last month my itunes account was hacked. I had used a very old password on it so it's no surprise it was hacked but that's beside the point. I had my discover credit card inside my apple wallet but that was it. Well apparently the hacker got ahold of my credit card information and started racking up charges worth hundreds of dollars to my card. The good news is I caught all this before my statement came in, so it was very easy to deal with, but I just really don't want to have to deal with that again. I will stick to a wallet filled with plastic cards that can only be physically stolen for now. 

That and I also don't trust the companies that provide these services to not fuck up security at some point.

I deal in shitposts and shitpost accessories.

7 hours ago, ThorThe1 said:

I almost never carry cash on me, so it wouldn’t be a huge game changer in that aspect. Is there anything you carry in your wallet that can’t be digitized yet? 

Just my state ID 

Primary Laptop (Gearsy MK4): Ryzen 9 5900HX, Radeon RX 6800M, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 24 GB DDR4 2400 Mhz, 512 GB SSD+1TB SSD, 15.6 in 300 Hz IPS display

2021 Asus ROG Strix G15 Advantage Edition

Secondary Laptop (Uni MK2): Ryzen 7 5800HS, Nvidia GTX 1650, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 16 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz, 512 GB SSD 

2021 Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 

Meme Machine (Uni MK1): Shintel Core i5 7200U, Nvidia GT 940MX, 24 GB DDR4 2133 Mhz, 256 GB SSD+500GB HDD, 15.6 in TN Display 

2016 Acer Aspire E5 575 

Retired Laptop (Gearsy MK2): Ryzen 5 2500U, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 12 GB 2400 Mhz DDR4, 256 GB NVME SSD, 15.6" 1080p IPS Touchscreen 

2017 HP Envy X360 15z (Ryzen)

PC (Gearsy): A6 3650, HD 6530D , 8 GB 1600 Mhz Kingston DDR3, Some Random Mobo Lol, EVGA 450W BT PSU, Stock Cooler, 128 GB Kingston SSD, 1 TB WD Blue 7200 RPM

HP P7 1234 (Yes It's Actually Called That)  RIP 

Also im happy to answer any Ryzen Mobile questions if anyone is interested! 

Never used any of the E-wallets.

I still use a wallet.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

You need ID on you. I don't know of any typically-acceptable ID that you can have on your phone.

Or you could just use a wallet case for your phone I've used those before pretty convenient I can carry my ID, a credit card, and debit card without having to carry an extra wallet.

What if i told you there's a little piece of plastic that can make purchases at any eftpos terminal, that doesn't rely on a cellular network and you don't have to worry about the battery dying and therefore unable to make payments, because it doesn't have one? and it's much thinner and lighter than a phone.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

1 hour ago, Sierra Fox said:

What if i told you there's a little piece of plastic that can make purchases at any eftpos terminal, that doesn't rely on a cellular network and you don't have to worry about the battery dying and therefore unable to make payments, because it doesn't have one? and it's much thinner and lighter than a phone.

I’m guessing it’s that kick starter that allows you to have a multitude of your cards on just one card? 

6 hours ago, Urishima said:

That and I also don't trust the companies that provide these services to not fuck up security at some point.

That’s always a concern. But there is a point where if you think that way about a lot of things, you could never trust banks with keeping track of your money, or government with your ss/card, You can’t take advantage of the benefits. 

9 hours ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

You cannot just not have a wallet, You need it for ID, plus some cards, such as public transport cards that do not allow you to use the NFC on your phone with them.

If I had a phone with NFC, I'd still need my licence, Medicare Card, Myki Card (Public Transport Card), private health insurance card, a debit card for stores that do not accept paywave, and cash, for stores that don't even support card.

That’s why I excluded ID cards, so far, no states have an app that allows you to keep your card on it. There are a few in the USA that are testing out this method but, who knows if it will succeed. 

9 hours ago, wcreek said:

Samsung Pay is missing from here lol

Not that I use that as my primary mobile payment source even tho I do have a Samsung phone.

I use Android pay whenever I can as I think it's easier and quicker than using the EMV chip in my card.

But effectively there's not much in the way of the difference of Apple pay and Android pay it literally comes down to what platform you're on and while you can waste your time arguing which one is better. Both OSes serve a purpose and it's up to the consumer to decide which one is the better fit for them, it does more harm than good to project your own preferences on to them because you've got a hard-on for Company X but the customer is interested in something from Company F, unless that thing from Company F is objectively shitty then it's stupid to act like an unofficial spokesperson for Company X.

I’ll most likely never use Samsung pay. Does it offer anything the other two don’t? Like better compatibility? 

Then there is me who regularly exchanges paper money for pennies and then sort through them to find the full copper ones and then exchange the copper zinc ones for more pennies to repeat the process. The moral of the story is that I like to keep my money in a form that has universal physical value regardless of whatever money standard is in place.  

System

Case- Thermaltake Core V21 / CPU - i7 4790 / GPU - Asus Strix GTX 1070 / Mobo - Gigabyte Z97 mx / Ram - 4x4 gb GSkill Sniper DDR3 1866 / Storage - 2x WD Black 1tb drives, 1x 120gb OCZ SSD / Cooler - Cooler Master TX3 / PSU - EVGA G2 650w / Audio - Sennheiser PC 350 SE / Monitor - Asus 1920X1080 @60hz / Keyboard & Mouse - Cooler Master Devastator II / OS - Windows 10 Enterprise

9 hours ago, Volbet said:

Skewing of the competition in favor of a more expensive solution.

The problem is that there are two slightly different models for card payments: the aforementioned Dankort and the normal cards like Visa and Mastercard.

When you buy stuff within the Danish territories the Dankort is a much cheaper solution, but Apple decided to remove the option to use the Dankort within ApplePay, thereby making it more expensive to use for the consumer to use it.

https://www.dr.dk/nyheder/penge/forbrugerraadet-anmelder-apple-pay-til-konkurrencestyrelsen

From what I read, no one is forcing people to use the Apple Pay services, correct? That they can still use their other card without Apple?

27 minutes ago, ThorThe1 said:

From what I read, no one is forcing people to use the Apple Pay services, correct? That they can still use their other card without Apple?

The problem is that ApplePay allows you to register your card but forces you to use the most expensive option.

A Dankort is also a Visa card, and ApplePay refuse to use the cheapest option of the two, which is supposedly against competitive laws in Denmark and the EU.

I've never used Android Pay before, so I cannot comment if it's "better" or "preferred". Therefore, because my experience has exclusively been Apple Pay, I chose that for both voting options.

@ThorThe1 perhaps adding an option in the 2nd vote for "I've only used one and cannot objectively make a choice" or something?

I like Apple Pay. However, my Credit Card company doesn't work with Apple Pay yet - only my Debit Card from my bank.

It's convenient, but never the less I would always carry my wallet anyway, due to Government ID (Drivers License, Health Card, etc), along with the few times I need hard cash.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I don't use any kind of e-wallet nor do i care about that. I don't even like using my debit card and only use my credit card maybe once a year for booking a hotel room.

I prefer cash, everything else feels like outsourcing control over my funds.

Also if cash goes away the government will be able to track each and every transaction you ever made... so don't let convenience fool you into surrendring your privacy and control over your hard earned money.

1 hour ago, ThorThe1 said:

I’ll most likely never use Samsung pay. Does it offer anything the other two don’t? Like better compatibility? 

From my experience with Samsung pay it can work in more places as it uses something Called MST (Magnetic Secure Transmission) basically it's able to fool older pinpads and pinpads with NFC disabled into thinking a card was swiped. It might work on terminals where the card reader is integrated into the terminal, however I am not totally sure as I haven't tried it yet. The only time it won't work is where the card needs to be physically inserted into the slot or the reader has too much plastic surrounding it.

Here's an article from Samsung talking about MST.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00043865/

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization