FDA Approves trackable Pill

10 hours ago, ARikozuM said:

If you're depressed, find what depresses you and see what it takes to change it.

I highly doubt it's that simple. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

8 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

I highly doubt it's that simple. 

It's not.  Having worked with several people at varying stages of depression, bipolar (used to be called manic depression for a reason), borderline personality disorder, Severe anxiety and social anxiety.  I can assure you there is no cut and dried solution.

It works like this, If your doctor isn't taking you seriously and doesn't ask any questions but just hands out a prescription, then go see another doctor. But if you have been to three doctors and they have all said the same thing, then you probably need to consider if you are giving them the right information or if you are willing to accept the diagnosis.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

4 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

Blame that on the high genetic variability of the flu virus. I would say though that scientists need better tools in predicting the outcome of the next virus strain and I think they need machine learning tools as well to predict the exact protein sequence of antigens that are about to come and rely less on chicken eggs in producing the flu vaccine. But then for the most part, flu vaccines work and most of the people who doesn’t want vaccinations are mostly people who doesn’t understand how the immune system works. 

Current prediction methods are 78% accurate,  that's not bad considering how many flu strains there are and how many variables there are to deal with in such a prediction.

http://jvi.asm.org/content/88/20/12123.full

FTR, I try to get a shot ever year.  It's reassuring when you see someone unable to work for 3 weeks knocked out with the flu and I barely get the common cold

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

14 hours ago, Godlygamer23 said:

"Drugs" is a pretty broad term, which would include alcohol and caffeine. Drugs are a requirement for some people to live, particularly ones with depression or physical medical issues, for example if you have arthritis. 

Study after study has shown that vaccines and GMOs are safe. Preservatives are fine to consume in the right doses. Overdoing anything will cause problems. Drinking too much water at one shot can kill you.

What are your sources?

Just now, TheCherryKing said:

Now you crossed the line! This wasn't personal until you called me a retard!

Sorry, I don't like it when people spread lies, or try to pull underhanded shit like your selective quoting there.  You threw the CDC link in there in an attempt to make the rest of your sources seem more legit, then quoted a portion of the relevant section in hopes that others wouldn't click the link and read what's actually there.  That's deceptive as shit man, have some more respect for your opponent than that.

I gave you the benefit of the doubt, you tried to deceive everyone and insulted our intelligence in the process.

Do you ever stop and wonder about the fact that you can't support your own argument without deception and lies?

The amount of information you're choosing to ignore, while accepting massively flawed sources is pretty amazing dude.  Next you're gonna tell us how Homeopathy isn't bullshit either.

inb4infowars links

SFF-ish:  Ryzen 5 1600X, Asrock AB350M Pro4, 16GB Corsair LPX 3200, Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro -75mV, 512gb Plextor Nvme m.2, 512gb Sandisk SATA m.2, Cryorig H7, stuffed into an Inwin 301 with rgb front panel mod.  LG27UD58.

Aging Workhorse:  Phenom II X6 1090T Black (4GHz #Yolo), 16GB Corsair XMS 1333, RX 470 Red Devil 4gb (Sold for $330 to Cryptominers), HD6850 1gb, Hilariously overkill Asus Crosshair V, 240gb Sandisk SSD Plus, 4TB's worth of mechanical drives, and a bunch of water/glycol.  Coming soon:  Bykski CPU block, whatever cheap Polaris 10 GPU I can get once miners start unloading them.

MintyFreshMedia:  Thinkserver TS130 with i3-3220, 4gb ecc ram, 120GB Toshiba/OCZ SSD booting Linux Mint XFCE, 2TB Hitachi Ultrastar.  In Progress:  3D printed drive mounts, 4 2TB ultrastars in RAID 5.

3 minutes ago, TheCherryKing said:

You are the one spreading false information. You are the one that should be banned for lying and insulting me! 

I literally have screenshots of you attempting to be deceptive in support of your argument, so I'm not sure you are in a position to or if it would be wise to pull on the whole "dishonesty" thread.

Please feel free to explain how or why my criticisms of your sources are unfair, or where I said anything that is not true.  Do keep in mind that I will respond with evidence and multiple sources to back up any claims you attack.

When you responded with these angry short messages, you're being super-vague.  What false information am I spreading here?

• That Methylphenidate is a phenethylamine, and not an amphetamine at all?
    • They're completely different chemical structures.
  • That the properties of a compound can and will be wildly different than the individual elements that make them up?
    • Table salt has "noxious chlorine" in it.  The compounds that give mustard, garlic, and onions their flavor have Sulfur in them.  If you're going to deny this one, it's time to sit down and let the adults talk (or anybody that took a single science class).
  • Was it when I pointed out some of the shady shit that Mercola does?
    • I pointed out his tendency to make claims, then cite sources that don't actually support them, knowing that most readers will gloss over 3 lines into the abstract of a scientific paper and won't call him on his BS.
      • Amusingly, you did exactly this yourself
    • I pointed out that the entire basis for his scare tactics centered around an intentional misunderstanding of how chemistry works.
      • Ethylmercury is not only not "50% mercury".  It's not mercury at all.  There is no pure mercury in it at all.  It's just Ethylmercury.
      • Mercola knows this perfectly well.  He's intentionally stating things incorrectly because he knows his readers either don't know or won't check.  He's the one with the medical degree, after all.
  • Was it when I said the daily mail is a shitty tabloid without journalistic standards?

I don't really see how any of what I said is out of line.  Maybe I shouldn't have called you a retard, but if it makes you feel better to imagine I chose a different word to insult your cognitive ability, so be it.

SFF-ish:  Ryzen 5 1600X, Asrock AB350M Pro4, 16GB Corsair LPX 3200, Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro -75mV, 512gb Plextor Nvme m.2, 512gb Sandisk SATA m.2, Cryorig H7, stuffed into an Inwin 301 with rgb front panel mod.  LG27UD58.

Aging Workhorse:  Phenom II X6 1090T Black (4GHz #Yolo), 16GB Corsair XMS 1333, RX 470 Red Devil 4gb (Sold for $330 to Cryptominers), HD6850 1gb, Hilariously overkill Asus Crosshair V, 240gb Sandisk SSD Plus, 4TB's worth of mechanical drives, and a bunch of water/glycol.  Coming soon:  Bykski CPU block, whatever cheap Polaris 10 GPU I can get once miners start unloading them.

MintyFreshMedia:  Thinkserver TS130 with i3-3220, 4gb ecc ram, 120GB Toshiba/OCZ SSD booting Linux Mint XFCE, 2TB Hitachi Ultrastar.  In Progress:  3D printed drive mounts, 4 2TB ultrastars in RAID 5.

9 minutes ago, Phate.exe said:

I literally have screenshots of you attempting to be deceptive in support of your argument, so I'm not sure you are in a position to or if it would be wise to pull on the whole "dishonesty" thread.

Please feel free to explain how or why my criticisms of your sources are unfair, or where I said anything that is not true.  Do keep in mind that I will respond with evidence and multiple sources to back up any claims you attack.

When you responded with these angry short messages, you're being super-vague.  What false information am I spreading here?

• That Methylphenidate is a phenethylamine, and not an amphetamine at all?
    • They're completely different chemical structures.
  • That the properties of a compound can and will be wildly different than the individual elements that make them up?
    • Table salt has "noxious chlorine" in it.  The compounds that give mustard, garlic, and onions their flavor have Sulfur in them.  If you're going to deny this one, it's time to sit down and let the adults talk (or anybody that took a single science class).
  • Was it when I pointed out some of the shady shit that Mercola does?
    • I pointed out his tendency to make claims, then cite sources that don't actually support them, knowing that most readers will gloss over 3 lines into the abstract of a scientific paper and won't call him on his BS.
      • Amusingly, you did exactly this yourself
    • I pointed out that the entire basis for his scare tactics centered around an intentional misunderstanding of how chemistry works.
      • Ethylmercury is not only not "50% mercury".  It's not mercury at all.  There is no pure mercury in it at all.  It's just Ethylmercury.
      • Mercola knows this perfectly well.  He's intentionally stating things incorrectly because he knows his readers either don't know or won't check.  He's the one with the medical degree, after all.
  • Was it when I said the daily mail is a shitty tabloid without journalistic standards?

I don't really see how any of what I said is out of line.  Maybe I shouldn't have called you a retard, but if it makes you feel better to imagine I chose a different word to insult your cognitive ability, so be it.

Now you are calling me a retard by insulting my cognitive ability. I cannot understand your entire post but that is normal. Me not being able to understand your post doesn't make me retarded or have a limited cognitive ability. Most of the stuff you mentioned the average person wouldn't understand. Not everybody lives by the scientific method. When people don't follow your scientific method and claim that some discoveries in science are false you resort to insulting them. 

On 11/14/2017 at 12:37 PM, arbellason55 said:

I mean the FDA is already pretty bad, hell they approve all the lovely additives that go into processed foods. 

Federal Death Administration bruh. What do you expect?

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

I'm glad to see that we are on the same page.

Well, I'm an American, and distrust of the government is very 'Murican. :P (plus, the US is pretty much the only place that endorses GMOs and all this crap, basically every other country for has banned them. I wonder why?)

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

Now you are calling me a retard by insulting my cognitive ability. I cannot understand your entire post but that is normal. Me not being able to understand your post doesn't make me retarded or have a limited cognitive ability. Most of the stuff you mentioned the average person wouldn't understand. Not everybody lives by the scientific method. When people don't follow your scientific method and claim that some discoveries in science are false you result to insulting them. 

Here's the thing:

• Nothing that I've mentioned is especially high-level
    • 10th grade Chem for chemical structures
    • eleven seconds of google searching to find out the phenethlyamine's and amphetamines are not the same thing.  
    • Elements and chemical compounds having different properties should have been covered in middle school.
  • Not being able to understand parts of my posts doesn't make you retarded.  You actively rejecting the information you are being spoon fed absolutely does.
  • Anybody educated beyond 8th grade should know the difference between compounds and elements.
    • It doesn't matter if an average person understands the issue or not.  We're talking about fucking medicine.  Rejecting the insight of those who actually do know what they are talking about because you think it's too difficult is again, completely retarded.
  • The scientific method doesn't give a shit whether you live by it or not.  It's not "my scientific method.  It's THE scientific method.  It's not about believing that something is true.  It's about testing the shit out of an idea, trying to poke holes it in constantly, and only after failing to prove something wrong can we start to accept something as "true".
    • If a discovery is made following the scientific method, somebody else will be able to repeat it.  That's what's awesome about science.  It works.
    • If a "discovery is made" without following the scientific method, it's not science.
  • Mercola is a snake oil salesman and I saw that he was full of shit within the first few sentences of his Thimerosal article.  I'm an engineer, not a doctor or scientist, and I can tell that this guy is out to deceive you because I didn't fail science class.

Dumbasses acting like their opinions, pseudoscience, and fairytales are just as valid as actual verifiable science do not deserve respect.  They have no background in science, medicine, etc and for some reason feel like they know better after an hour of reading Mercola and hippy blogs than the people who devote their entire lives/careers to studying that specific field.

If you don't want to be insulted, don't say stupid things.  Your ignorance is not as good as my knowledge.

But it's all good fam.  Let's assume you're right for a second.  Don't vaccinate your kids, and be sure they only hang around with a bunch of other kids that haven't been vaccinated either.  Let's see what sort of long-eradicated diseases you guy can bring back.  Sure you might lose a few kids to Polio, but at least they probably won't be autistic.

14 minutes ago, Phate.exe said:

Here's the thing:

• Nothing that I've mentioned is especially high-level
    • 10th grade Chem for chemical structures
    • eleven seconds of google searching to find out the phenethlyamine's and amphetamines are not the same thing.  
    • Elements and chemical compounds having different properties should have been covered in middle school.
  • Not being able to understand parts of my posts doesn't make you retarded.  You actively rejecting the information you are being spoon fed absolutely does.
  • Anybody educated beyond 8th grade should know the difference between compounds and elements.
    • It doesn't matter if an average person understands the issue or not.  We're talking about fucking medicine.  Rejecting the insight of those who actually do know what they are talking about because you think it's too difficult is again, completely retarded.
  • The scientific method doesn't give a shit whether you live by it or not.  It's not "my scientific method.  It's THE scientific method.  It's not about believing that something is true.  It's about testing the shit out of an idea, trying to poke holes it in constantly, and only after failing to prove something wrong can we start to accept something as "true".
    • If a discovery is made following the scientific method, somebody else will be able to repeat it.  That's what's awesome about science.  It works.
    • If a "discovery is made" without following the scientific method, it's not science.
  • Mercola is a snake oil salesman and I saw that he was full of shit within the first few sentences of his Thimerosal article.  I'm an engineer, not a doctor or scientist, and I can tell that this guy is out to deceive you because I didn't fail science class.

Dumbasses acting like their opinions, pseudoscience, and fairytales are just as valid as actual verifiable science do not deserve respect.  They have no background in science, medicine, etc and for some reason feel like they know better after an hour of reading Mercola and hippy blogs than the people who devote their entire lives/careers to studying that specific field.

If you don't want to be insulted, don't say stupid things.  Your ignorance is not as good as my knowledge.

But it's all good fam.  Let's assume you're right for a second.  Don't vaccinate your kids, and be sure they only hang around with a bunch of other kids that haven't been vaccinated either.  Let's see what sort of long-eradicated diseases you guy can bring back.  Sure you might lose a few kids to Polio, but at least they probably won't be autistic.

HA! You just admitted that vaccines have ties to Autism! "Sure you might lose a few kids to Polio, but at least they probably won't be autistic." Your ignorance and disrespect doesn't make you appear any smarter. You're wasting your time arguing with me I won't give. I know what is RIGHT.

2 hours ago, TheCherryKing said:

First off I can say whatever I want. I have done research on many of the topics discussed in this thread on a variety of websites. Perhaps you should practice what your preach. "

"Diversity of thought" does not mean accepting people who's ideas are dangerous and not based on factual evidence, but I'll play ball." You're not accepting that my ideas that drugs, vaccines, and GMOs are dangerous. These ideas are based on factual evidence. My ideas are widely accepted but not on this forum because nearly everybody here has a left wing bias. Even the CDC admits what damage will occur from vaccines. 

• Serious allergic reaction (less than 1 out of a million doses)
  • Several other severe problems have been reported after a child gets MMR vaccine, including:
    • Deafness
    • Long-term seizures, coma, or lowered consciousness
    • Permanent brain damage

Sources:

https://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2013/08/06/genetic-modification.aspx

http://www.shirleys-wellness-cafe.com/Vaccines/Vaccines

https://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/10/31/flu-vaccination-epa-safety-limit-for-mercury.aspx

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/columnists/article-229996/This-baby-suffered-brain-damage-epilepsy-MMR-jab-So-did-doctors-ignore-warnings-unsafe-mmr-THE-TRUTH.html

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vac-gen/side-effects.htm#jeixiaro

Bloody hell,  mercola is such waste of space, he lies flat out to pay for his mansion, he sells so much bogus science to maintain his income it is basically fraud.   

Shirley's wellness cafe? 

Mate you are reading some of the dodgiest sources on the internet,  I can't believe you think that shit is anything other than clickbait. 

And as for the CDC link, I don't think you even know what they are saying.

Besides all that your logic is astoundingly backwards,  pointing to 1 in millions and saying see vaccines are dangerous is like me pointing to people getting shocked when putting together a pc and claiming see PCs are dangerous, don't build your own or even use one.   Forget the fact they have saved millions more lives than the 3 people who "might" have had a reaction.

12 minutes ago, TheCherryKing said:

Yet, you continue to insult me. You are admitting that you are disrespectful. I am old enough to vote and I always vote for the right candidate. You admitted you have zero respect for me as well. I have given much more respect than I should have. 

As Phate.exe said, spreading the BS you are is dangerous and does not deserve respect.  Here is what happens when those tropes go unchallenged:

http://www.news.com.au/world/breaking-news/unvaccinated-boy-dies-of-diphtheria/news-story/038c1ce3511b7063e22937e44d22870f

https://honey.nine.com.au/2017/07/31/09/37/mum-dies-after-catching-disease-from-unvaccinated-toddler

http://www.euronews.com/2017/06/23/childs-death-from-measles-caught-from-unvaccinated-brother-reignites-debate-in

https://news.vice.com/article/these-anti-vaccine-parents-found-guilty-in-the-death-of-their-toddler

http://www.abc.net.au/local/stories/2013/06/06/3776327.htm

http://www.ansa.it/english/news/general_news/2017/06/28/unvaccinated-girl-9-died-of-measles-5_56a94875-92e2-47ec-8dae-a104b110c2a2.html

That's a whole lotta death from telling people that vaccines are dangerous.

- Thread Cleaned -

- Unlocked -

Keep the conversation ON TOPIC or it will be locked permanently.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER