FDA Approves trackable Pill

So I do not believe anyone ahs posted anything about this yet but the FDA has approved the integration of a small tracker in Abilify MyCite aripiprazole tablets that is activated by stomach acid.

Abilify MyCite (aripiprazole tablets with sensor) has an ingestible sensor embedded in the pill that records that the medication was taken. The product is approved for the treatment of schizophrenia, acute treatment of manic and mixed episodes associated with bipolar I disorder and for use as an add-on treatment for depression in adults.

They claim this is to track the progress of  ingestion and said data is sent to the patient's smartphone and the doctor if they consent to send it. Here is what the FDA has to say about the pills.

“Being able to track ingestion of medications prescribed for mental illness may be useful for some patients,” said Mitchell Mathis, M.D., director of the Division of Psychiatry Products in the FDA’s Center for Drug Evaluation and Research. “The FDA supports the development and use of new technology in prescription drugs and is committed to working with companies to understand how technology might benefit patients and prescribers.”

It is important to note that Abilify MyCite’s prescribing information (labeling) notes that the ability of the product to improve patient compliance with their treatment regimen has not been shown. Abilify MyCite should not be used to track drug ingestion in “real-time” or during an emergency because detection may be delayed or may not occur. 

In the clinical trials for Abilify, the most common side effects reported by adults taking Abilify were nausea, vomiting, constipation, headache, dizziness, uncontrollable limb and body movements (akathisia), anxiety, insomnia, and restlessness. Skin irritation at the site of the MyCite patch placement may occur in some patients.

Personally this is kinda scary for the implications that this tracker could be put into anything meant to be ingested and the fact that it could be used for purposes other than what they state. Granted a patch is currently needed to be worn to relay the information but that could be worked out with sensors in the future.

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-41980836  

https://www.fda.gov/newsevents/newsroom/pressannouncements/ucm584933.htm

System

Case- Thermaltake Core V21 / CPU - i7 4790 / GPU - Asus Strix GTX 1070 / Mobo - Gigabyte Z97 mx / Ram - 4x4 gb GSkill Sniper DDR3 1866 / Storage - 2x WD Black 1tb drives, 1x 120gb OCZ SSD / Cooler - Cooler Master TX3 / PSU - EVGA G2 650w / Audio - Sennheiser PC 350 SE / Monitor - Asus 1920X1080 @60hz / Keyboard & Mouse - Cooler Master Devastator II / OS - Windows 10 Enterprise

4 minutes ago, arbellason55 said:

So I do not believe anyone ahs posted anything about this yet but the FDA has approved the integration of a small tracker in Abilify MyCite aripiprazole tablets that is activated by stomach acid. They claim this is to track the progress of  ingestion and said data is sent to the patient's smartphone and the doctor if they consent to send it. Personally this is kinda scary for the implications that this tracker could be put into anything meant to be ingested and the fact that it could be used for purposes other than what they state. Granted a patch is currently needed to be worn to relay the information but that could be worked out with sensors in the future.

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-41980836  

https://www.fda.gov/newsevents/newsroom/pressannouncements/ucm584933.htm

I knew this was coming. The FDA and the government is out of control!

You know, this would be a great thing for marketing. Just put a tracker in a specific product to see who is buying your product and where they get said product.

System

Case- Thermaltake Core V21 / CPU - i7 4790 / GPU - Asus Strix GTX 1070 / Mobo - Gigabyte Z97 mx / Ram - 4x4 gb GSkill Sniper DDR3 1866 / Storage - 2x WD Black 1tb drives, 1x 120gb OCZ SSD / Cooler - Cooler Master TX3 / PSU - EVGA G2 650w / Audio - Sennheiser PC 350 SE / Monitor - Asus 1920X1080 @60hz / Keyboard & Mouse - Cooler Master Devastator II / OS - Windows 10 Enterprise

Just now, ACEHACK said:

thats nice is fda becoming worse than fcc now.

I mean the FDA is already pretty bad, hell they approve all the lovely additives that go into processed foods. 

System

Just put that pill in the microwave for a few seconds to EMP it. Careful, medicine may be hot. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

8 minutes ago, MyName13 said:

Or slightly cancerous, still safer than internet, CS go, LOL and DotA 2.

These medications are probably what's causing most of our issues at this point. 

"Take this pill! It'll help with whatever is hurting your throat! Don't change your diet though. Eating twelve double cheese & bacons a day isn't harming you in any way!"  

High cholesterol? Take a pill!

Anxiety? Take a pill!

Dog is aggressive? Take its balls (neuter, not the tennis kind) out! 

Spoiler

God FDA forbid that we exercise, eat healthier, or socialize. 

image.jpeg.2ea8c23a370d93a7bce8f15e251aa48d.jpeg

Choose one! Just make sure you take the pill!

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

2 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

These medications are probably what's causing most of our issues at this point. 

"Take this pill! It'll help with whatever is hurting your throat! Don't change your diet though. Eating twelve double cheese & bacons a day isn't harming you in any way!"  

High cholesterol? Take a pill!

Anxiety? Take a pill!

Dog is aggressive? Take its balls (neuter, not the tennis kind) out! 

Reveal hidden contents

God FDA forbid that we exercise, eat healthier, or socialize. 

image.jpeg.2ea8c23a370d93a7bce8f15e251aa48d.jpeg

Choose one! Just make sure you take the pill!

Sssh, don't let them know that you are on to them.

System

Everybody at the FDA needs to be fired! They are approving things that are NOT safe such as drugs, vaccines, microchip implants, GMO's, preservatives, and more!

15 minutes ago, arbellason55 said:

It's hard to say, that being said vaccines are important and everyone should get vaccinated since they do work most of the time. 

I don't think so!

I don't think the FDA has any real power to say no anymore...

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X | RAM - 64 GB DDR4 3200MHz | GPU - Nvidia GTX 1660 ti | MOBO -  MSI B550 Gaming Plus

Well personally speaking I find it pretty cool, especially as it might help me. I suffer from IBS and stomach problems in a BIG way, have had these problems for around 14 years now, without my medication my life is a misery, well more of a misery than it is anyway. And no, before anyone questions it I do not eat much fast food, barely any actually as I am pretty much housebound most of the time owing to me having fibromyalgia and IBS amongst other things.

I agree it should always be "by authorization" of the patient/person though... Everything can be used in a non-standard way that could be bad for others, but look at booze/cigs etc, even cars and you can see how the advertisements and lobbying of governments and so on affect that. Just because it COULD be used badly, doesn't mean it should be banned. I am taking many pharmaceuticals at the moment that could possibly be discontinued if cannabis was legalized here in the UK for pain etc as prescribed by doctors, but because of the "nanny" state and possibly lobbying/backhanders from pharma it's not looking likely that'll happen. So instead I have to decide if I want to get the cannabis from elsewhere and be labelled a criminal if caught using it, or to take many many pills that are lining the pharma and governments pockets. Sometimes being a "criminal" is necessary, despite what the governments think.

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

To play devils advocate, this can really be helpful for brain trauma/damaged people, and people with Retro and Antrograde Amnesia and Alzheimer. I still think that this is a scary tool in the wrong hands. 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

Abilify already has a monthly depot injectible form that doctors use with patients with poor compliance so there isn't a major need, but it could be handy for other medication without these long term depot options.

~~Kuroneko~~

- Ryzen Threadripper 1950X 16-Core

- Corsair H115i Pro 280 Liquid Cooler

- Asus X399 ROG Zenith Extreme MB

- 2x Nvidia Titan V

- Corsair 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3000MHz

- Samsung 960 Pro Series 1TB M.2 SSD

- Western Digital RED Pro 6TB 64M SATA

- Corsair AX1500i Titianium PSU

- Fractal Design Define R6 Blackout

- 3x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial 140mm 3000RPM Fans

~~Chibineko~~

- Ryzen 7 2700X 8-Core

- Corsair H115i 280 Liquid Cooler

- Asus X470-F ROG Strix  MB

- 2x MSI Vega 64 Wave Liquid Cooled

- G.Skill Sniper X 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3600MHz

- Samsung 960 Pro Series 512GB M.2 SSD

- Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

- Corsair AX1200i 80+ Platinum

- Fractal Design Define R5

- 5x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial 140mm 3000RPM Fans

2 hours ago, SansVarnic said:

@arbellason55 Your post does not meet the guidelines for posting in the News and Reviews Section.

Please update your post to comply. Thanks.

updated

System

This might help me. I forget to take my needed medication sometimes even with a stupid granny pill box. It's a serious issue tbh because I feel fine. 

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Revolver Microphone: Razer Seiren X

Don'tcha just love Big Brother?  It's honestly like slowly boiling a frog, what is happening to us.  Over time, they slowly add more and more ways to intrude on us and track us and as a society, we won't be able to see it as a problem until it's too late.

On 11/14/2017 at 2:11 PM, ARikozuM said:

Funny, but sad: My co-worker, a surgeon, took the flu vaccine two months ago when they were recommending it and ended coming down with the flu until the end of October. xD We should give kids vaccines to protect them from danger, but not once they have their full immunity. 

The flu vaccine did not cause the flu.Vaccines are a requirement for everyone, even if one's immune system is strong as it protects people that cannot get vaccines.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

On 11/14/2017 at 1:37 PM, arbellason55 said:

I mean the FDA is already pretty bad, hell they approve all the lovely additives that go into processed foods. 

Consumed in the right doses, there's nothing wrong with additives that are in food. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

On 11/14/2017 at 2:04 PM, TheCherryKing said:

Everybody at the FDA needs to be fired! They are approving things that are NOT safe such as drugs, vaccines, microchip implants, GMO's, preservatives, and more!

"Drugs" is a pretty broad term, which would include alcohol and caffeine. Drugs are a requirement for some people to live, particularly ones with depression or physical medical issues, for example if you have arthritis. 

Study after study has shown that vaccines and GMOs are safe. Preservatives are fine to consume in the right doses. Overdoing anything will cause problems. Drinking too much water at one shot can kill you.