Do you use a cracked or legit Windows, or Linux? Poll

Legit, I occasionally dualboot to Ubuntu 13.04 but eh, couldn't put 2 votes.

How you find dual boot, i keep meaning to do it, but meh the hassle...

AMD 8350 // 8 GB Corsair Ram // PNY 780 Ti // Asus 1080p Monitor // Antec 120mm AIO // CM Quickfire TK w/ Custom Caps  // RAT 5 mouse // Audio Technica m50x // Behringer 4-line + Line6 8-line Audio Interfaces

Legit, because Windows, for what it does, especially if you understand how and OS works, is bargain.

Windows, at every release recently, have crazy discounts, like Windows 8 Pro for 40$, or Windows 7 at 50or 60% off depending on the edition. PLUS Windows 7 Family Pack. 3 licenses of Windows 7 Home Premium for 150$ total (so 50$ each). PLUS, you you are a student you have crazy deals, or even free if your school or school department is registered to MSNDAA/DreamSpark Premium. Really, there is no excuse to get a pirated version.

It's cheaper than a game, and the OS took more people to work on, more time, and significantly more complex and difficult to achieve than a game. Turning useless circuit boards, into this amazing tool, creativity and entertainment hub.

LOL I wonder where we can buy Some Editions of Windows without being a Microsoft OEM or Customer Assurance partner.Like Enterprise,Windows Thin PC,Windows Embedded Industry,Windows Embedded Standard.Stop telling me we are not supposed to get these editions,because Microsoft reserves some features specifically for these Editions.

Windows 8 Pro for 40$ because Windows 8 sucks period.It Deserves that price for such a horribly made OS.

Stop trying to tell me I never used Windows 8 and just followed the trend,I have used both 8 and 8.1 extensively since I got my POS Surface RT.

Also how ironic it is that Classic Shell which fixes Windows 8 (kind of) is free.

Windows 7 was the same thing.No reason to risk when XP was there.

Well you may argue again that the surface RT had overheating problems thus the bad experience and is my own problem,but Microsoft designed it in hoping to deliver a good Windows experience.So this argument invalid,and you do not need to rebut me with this crappy reasoning.

it's not really the same analogy. I mean if you buy a prebuilt with no windows, yes. But PC building is essentially the same as building a car from the ground up, and this is just one of the most important parts.

Now that i think about it, i guess you're right :D 

Legit at the moment because I can get it for free from college, but in the past it might not have been legit :D

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

my kubuntu is legit (obviously; it's free) and so is my windows, but my osx lion is cracked, I'm not paying for that crap.

Legit i dont trust the cracked/free copy of windows

Legit i dont trust the cracked/free copy of windows

Its just legit Windows, but using an activator.

Not that.....I would know.....

Folding for LTT since April 2016.

Legit windows, it's not like an os breaks because a new one comes out and it is only like 700 kr.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

You can get an 8.1 key as well.

Unfortunately, I've finished there now. They stop your access pretty much instantly. The keys are still active as you purchase them, just for £0. :P

So I just got them all and jotted down the keys and downloaded all the ISO's for them though the (aweful) DreamSpark download client.

LOL I wonder where we can buy Some Editions of Windows without being a Microsoft OEM or Customer Assurance partner.Like Enterprise,Windows Thin PC,Windows Embedded Industry,Windows Embedded Standard.

You go to a retail store that sales computers, or computer parts, weather online or not, you can buy Windows there.

Stop telling me we are not supposed to get these editions,because Microsoft reserves some features specifically for these Editions.

Huh? All editions mentioned are available for all. The only one that you can't get, is Enterprise, which is really the highest edition at the consumer level. So Pro for Windows 8, and Ultimate for Windows Vista and 7.

Windows 8 Pro for 40$ because Windows 8 sucks period.It Deserves that price for such a horribly made OS.

Ignorance is bliss. Maybe you should get a book on how to use Windows 8, before taking, if you have trouble using Windows Help documentation, or understanding youtube videos.

Stop trying to tell me I never used Windows 8 and just followed the trend,I have used both 8 and 8.1 extensively since I got my POS Surface RT.

Point of Sale Surface RT? Microsoft doesn't have any Point of Sale device.

Also how ironic it is that Classic Shell which fixes Windows 8 (kind of) is free.

It is not a Microsoft product.

Windows 7 was the same thing.No reason to risk when XP was there.

Well you may argue again that the surface RT had overheating problems thus the bad experience and is my own problem,but Microsoft designed it in hoping to deliver a good Windows experience.So this argument invalid,and you do not need to rebut me with this crappy reasoning.

I think you are high, or a troll. I vote for troll. So I'll stop.

You go to a retail store that sales computers, or computer parts, weather online or not, you can buy Windows there.Huh? All editions mentioned are available for all. The only one that you can't get, is Enterprise, which is really the highest edition at the consumer level. So Pro for Windows 8, and Ultimate for Windows Vista and 7.Ignorance is bliss. Maybe you should get a book on how to use Windows 8, before taking, if you have trouble using Windows Help documentation, or understanding youtube videos.Point of Sale Surface RT? Microsoft doesn't have any Point of Sale device.It is not a Microsoft product.I think you are high, or a troll, so I'll stop.

You stop because you cannot keep up with your stunt that does not show how amazing you are,instead it make you look like a fool.

Go read up about Windows Enterprise,Windows for Thin Clients and Windows Embedded before you continue to make a fool of yourself.

I read tons of toturials.The problem is it is buggy,the animation frequently become choppy,many steps needed for simple tasks.

POS-read it up in the urban dictionary.I know you are pretending to not know anything since the start of your comment.

So you did a Wikipedia look up, I see. Sadly Windows for Thin Clients and Windows Embed is not available to retail stores, only direct from Microsoft, or, for Windows Embedded, Dream Spark Premium/MSDNAA, which either aren't designed to run your programs that you use everyday, despite having some program, potentially work, due to the shared API. They are apart. It is no choice for general consumer, nor should be even considered at a general consumer level, even you are a business (unless your business is building embedded system devices). Therefore, not mentioned.

I don't know what you did with your Surface, but my vote is that you never touched one in reality, because no one, not even anti-Microsoft bias review, will confirm what you are experiencing with Windows 8 RT on it. And everyone, without exception, here, are experiencing anything similar.

Cracked ! Coz costof 1 windows pro=1 year worth of upgrades .

FX 6300 @ 4.2 Gigahurtz 1.325V ,  ASRock 970 Extreme 4 mobo  ,  Kingston Hyperx Blu 2X4GB @1600Mhz  , Asus GTX 960 DCU ii Black OC  , Hyper 212 Evo , Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB , WD 1 TB caviar Green , Xonar DG sound card , Seasonic M12ii Evo 620W PSU , Corsair 200R case ,4 random case fans.

Got my key from @ChillKyle

FX 6300 - MSI 7870 Ghz - M5A97 R2.0 - Team Vulcan 8GB - WD Caviar Blue 1TB - Rosewill HIVE 550w - NZXT Source 210 (white) - Loud Fans

Peripherals - Logitech G105 - Cobra mouse - Acer G236HL - Logitech desktop mic - Logitech LS21 - Audio Technica ATH-M30

Laptop - Acer Aspire V3 - A84500m - 7670m - 15.6" screen (1366x768) - 3.5GB DDR3  - 500GB Scorpio Blue

Legit via. the Microsoft Dreamspark program and my University. Will probably switch to Linux once that becomes invalid.

I have a legit win8 license on my main pc, which i bought as an upgrade for 30€. On my laptop i have a win8 license that i got in school for free.

I'm running with Windows 7 for the desktop and Linux Mint 15 for the netbook. Switching to Linux on the desktop would totally be an option for me if I didn't do programming on Windows-specific things. At least I've got some minor gaming and general usage experience for Linux from the netbook.

Cracked currently since my legit Winders key went missing when I had to reformat. My current install needs a reformating again and next time around, I will use a legit key a forum member graciously gave to me.

If I didn't get a windows for free through my university I'd figure a way to get Windows for free.

Windows

• Windows 7 Pro
  • Windows 8 Pro
  • Windows Server 2008 R1 & R2

Mac OS X

• OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
  • OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)

Linux

• SteamOS (Gnome Mod)
  • Ubuntu 13.10
  • Mint 16

\

windows 7 ultimate sp1 64 bit CRACKED AND ALL UPDATES ARE INSTALLED IF ANY AND STILL GENUINE ;)
legit is for those who dont know about google and too scared to actually try
inb4donttrustypiratePROGstealKey

Real programmers don't document, if it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
I've learned that something constructive comes from every defeat.

Legit.

Have Windows 7 64bit Pro and Enterprise editions, and Windows 8 64bit Pro as well.

Oh, and A LOT of Windows recovery discs for HP and Dell laptops :P

I get Windows for free through my university and I dual boot with Linux Mint.