How do I benchmark GTA5 without buying the game

Just now, Max_Settings said:

Look for a Youtube video of someone using the same hardware

^

As long as your parts is not like 10 years you should be fine. 

Magical Pineapples

Why not use one of those websites? Just look at the recommended specs and if you meet or exceed the requirements then you'll run the game just fine.

i5 12600k | ASRock Z690M-ITX 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA 2080 Super Black | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB + 980 1TB | Corsair RMx 650W | Thermaltake Tower 100 White

Buy it on steam, run the benchmark in under 2 hours, refund it.

Check if steam refunds applies in your country first though

Long live Stalin, he loves you; sing these words, or you know what he’ll do!

Why not just buy it, test it, then refund it?

You can request a refund for nearly any purchase on Steam—for any reason. Maybe your PC doesn't meet the hardware requirements; maybe you bought a game by mistake; maybe you played the title for an hour and just didn't like it.

It doesn't matter. Valve will, upon request via help.steampowered.com, issue a refund for any reason, if the request is made within fourteen days of purchase, and the title has been played for less than two hours. There are more details below, but even if you fall outside of the refund rules we’ve described, you can ask for a refund anyway and we’ll take a look.

2 minutes ago, Gamessys said:

Why not use one of those websites? Just look at the recommended specs and if you meet or exceed the requirements then you'll run the game just fine.

The requirements are rarely ever accurate or letting you know what frame rate they expect you will be playing at on certain settings. I would say looking at videos would be a better option. 

what is the computer specs? I can tell you 

If you want to argue with me, and you probably will please PM me, no need to ruin threads becase you dont like how I am.

Ask me how I made 100k selling illegal narcotics!

Spoiler

and you think im joking, Did a lot of wrong to get my money right.

I look up to Larry Hoover.

Your homies loyal 'til the one time you tell 'em no

1 hour ago, xEmuu said:

They are in my profile (I know my pc sucks)

Considering how much horsepower GTA V needs I sincerely doubt an 8800 GTX will be able to run it at even remotely playable framerates.

Get yourself a 1050 Ti or even a 750 Ti and overclock your cpu to the wall and you can probably run it at a decent clip.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

3 hours ago, ApolloX75 said:

Considering how much horsepower GTA V needs I sincerely doubt an 8800 GTX will be able to run it at even remotely playable framerates.

Get yourself a 1050 Ti or even a 750 Ti and overclock your cpu to the wall and you can probably run it at a decent clip.

Believe it or not, GTA V will run on an 8800 GTX: https://youtu.be/bRFnwmqUp9Y?t=6m15s

Primary: CPU Core i7-4790K  |  MOBO Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H   |  RAM 24GB Crucial DDR3-1600 CL9  |  GPU XFX Radeon RX 580 GTS Black Edition  |  CPU Cooler Thermaltake Frio Silent 14  |  Case Cooler Master N400  |  PSU Corsair CXM 750 Watt |  Boot Drive 500GB Samsung 850 Evo  |  Storage 500GB WD Laptop HDD + 2TB Toshiba HDD + 250GB WD Laptop HDD + 250GB WD Laptop HDD + 4TB WD Blue HDD  |  Monitor Acer XG270HU  |  Secondary Monitor Nixeus VUE-24  |  Tertiary Monitor Sony SDM-HS53  |  OS Windows 10

Secondary: (down for maintenance) CPU Core 2 Quad Q9300  |  MOBO (Asus P5N-E arriving soon)  |  RAM 8GB DDR2-800  |  GPU Visiontek Radeon R9 270  | CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper T2  |  Case Rajintek Arcadia  |  PSU EVGA 500 BV  |  Boot Drive 240GB PNY SSD  |  Storage 120GB Seagate PATA HDD  |  Removable Drives Sony PATA DVD RW Drive + 3.5 inch Floppy Drive  |  Monitor HP S2031  |  OS Windows 10

7 hours ago, Vroooom said:

Believe it or not, GTA V will run on an 8800 GTX: https://youtu.be/bRFnwmqUp9Y?t=6m15s

Damn. Those two cards were beasts in their day and they still manage to keep going somehow. I stand corrected.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.