Why so much hate about new Intel Processors??!

I understand AMD has finally after so many years done some quality processors, the Threadripper proccesors specially the 1950x looks amazing and for the price its perfomance its the best money/value.

Ok we can be right about that, but why so much hate to intel?

Intel is being building this last years the best technology a user could have for their personal computer in processors, so do they not deserve some respect as a company?

Now people only say this or that about how AMD is way better investment for your money, and again thats true, but still, intel might be expensive, but is still making betteer products than amd, it has on sale the best processor in history with 18 cores, its true that temps are crazy even in the 7820x if you overclockit, well, ok, but i assume that if you spend that much money on this proce4ssors you also can invest a bunch on a proper water cooling system to play with its temps. 

And yeah, maybe its too expensive, ok, because their products even tho they are the best you can get they are still pulling horrible temps and voltages, but i am sure that next year with the ice lake line up they will absolutly crush competence as they have always done. 

So, my point is that is great that AMD has evolved finally, its great for us as consumers because makes everything cheaper and forces intel to make better products but with a cost as well, is not all gold, now that this is happening intel and amd will make their stuff to quick maybe and problems like temps and volts will show up so its a double edge sword.

But to conclude, AMD (best money/value) Intel (still best processors perfomance wise in the world...)

And the worst of all by the way, at the end we are talking about serious high end processors here, and still the people the majority of people are building gaming pcs with the 7700k (a processor that still is only 10% superior to 3 years old 4790k) is that progress? All i read is people talking shit about 8 cores or 10 cores or 16 or 18 core processors intel has made for this new generation for the 2066 socket, and funny enough almost all of this comments come from people that built their system as a gaming machine not as a workstation, this processors have nothing to do with gaming things, thats why youll read a lot of haters saying that 7700k gives better perfomance in games than the 2000$ 7980x, so what? one is design for web browsing and enterteiment prupose such as gaming and the other is designed to render in 3d, render videos and multitasking for a more proffesional aproach. 

And all this silly discussion about fps in games? omg hahah, the most important part about playing games on pc is the graphics card, if you have a 1080ti youll have no problem playing any game with the 7980x or the 7700k, but in one will give you 10 fps more... maybe inside the 130 fps or 140 fps, in those high number unless is an fps who keers? xD

People just find reasons to shit on something. People expected Intel to have proper stock on something they kinda had to rush out onto market in a functional state.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

there is a limited supply of them and they are making people buying new Z307 even thought they have the same chipset of older Z207 and etc boards.

Also some people have been ticked off that I3s now have the similar clock speeds and core counts of the old I7 cpus with only overclocking out.

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

3 minutes ago, Jack Durden said:

cut

The hate do not come by the product, but by management. They lied, they lost transparency, they prevented the market to grow, they stopped to improve, they do not give any chance of upgredability, they just don't care about their costumers.

It's not about their CPU, it's about the company itself. And they built this, so it's totally their fault.

Intel doesn't care about its consumers, it just wants to make the most money. It will overprice things, and cut off support for no reason.

Ion (Main Build)                                                                                        Overall Setup

i5 6500 3.2 GHz                                                                     -Blue snowball (White) thanks goodwill

MSI Mortar Arctic                                                                   -Logitech K120

Asus 1060 6GB Dual                                                             -Logitech Daedalus Prime G302

PNY CS1311 120 GB                                                            -Mousepad I made in 1st grade with my name on it                                                 

WD Caviar Blue 1 TB                                                              

Crucial Ballistix Sport LT White 16GB (8x2GB) 2400

NZXT S340 White

Corsair CXM 450W 

Lenovo H320 (Old Pre-built PC)                                      Possible upgrade for H320          

i5 650 3.2 GHz (heh)                                                                                    Xeon X3470

Motherboard unknown                                                       Same Motherboard

iGPU                                                                                   GT 1030 (MSI Low Profile Half Height)

Crucial 240GB SSD                                                           Crucial 240GB SSD

6GB DDR3 (4+2GB)                                                           8-10GB DDR3 (4+2+2GB/4+4+2GB)

Lenovo H320 case                                                             Lenovo H320 case

Unknown PSU (210W?)                                                     Same PSU (210W?)    

2 words, Anti Consumer

Primary Laptop (Gearsy MK4): Ryzen 9 5900HX, Radeon RX 6800M, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 24 GB DDR4 2400 Mhz, 512 GB SSD+1TB SSD, 15.6 in 300 Hz IPS display

2021 Asus ROG Strix G15 Advantage Edition

Secondary Laptop (Uni MK2): Ryzen 7 5800HS, Nvidia GTX 1650, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 16 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz, 512 GB SSD 

2021 Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 

Meme Machine (Uni MK1): Shintel Core i5 7200U, Nvidia GT 940MX, 24 GB DDR4 2133 Mhz, 256 GB SSD+500GB HDD, 15.6 in TN Display 

2016 Acer Aspire E5 575 

Retired Laptop (Gearsy MK2): Ryzen 5 2500U, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 12 GB 2400 Mhz DDR4, 256 GB NVME SSD, 15.6" 1080p IPS Touchscreen 

2017 HP Envy X360 15z (Ryzen)

PC (Gearsy): A6 3650, HD 6530D , 8 GB 1600 Mhz Kingston DDR3, Some Random Mobo Lol, EVGA 450W BT PSU, Stock Cooler, 128 GB Kingston SSD, 1 TB WD Blue 7200 RPM

HP P7 1234 (Yes It's Actually Called That)  RIP 

Also im happy to answer any Ryzen Mobile questions if anyone is interested! 

Having the best performance doesn't matter if an opportunity cost is present.  Most consumers and most companies have a finite budget.

PC Build: R5-1600.  Scythe Mugen 5.  GTX 1060.  120 GB SSD.  1 TB HDD.  FDD Mini C.  8 GB RAM (3000 MHz).  Be Quiet Pure Wings 2.  Capstone-550.  Deepcool 350 RGB.

Peripherals: Qisan Magicforce (80%) w/ Gateron Blues.  Razer Naga Chroma.  Lenovo 24" 1440p IPS.  PS4 Controller.

Audio: Focusrite (Solo, 2nd), SM57, Triton Fethead, AKG c214, Sennheiser HD598's, ATH-M50x, AKG K240, Novation Launchkey

Wishlist: MP S-87, iPad, Yamaha HS5's, more storage

People like to root for the underdog, and root for the "righteous" company. Most people see it as AMD has "helped" them and is working for the consumer by giving these higher core count CPUs to the mainstream, and that Intel didn't do it out of "the goodness of their heart" but rather brought 6 core to mainstream because of competition.

TBH, I think all this bull crap is dumb. Just get the best CPU you can get within your budget for the stuff you'll be doing. 

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

Just now, ErrantNyles said:

The hate do not come by the product, but by management. They lied, they lost transparency, they prevented the market to grow, they stopped to improve, they do not give any chance of upgredability, they just don't care about their costumers.

It's not about their CPU, it's about the company itself. And they built this, so it's totally their fault.

Pretty much this.  It's not hating the product it's hating the company.  With AMD actually putting competitive products on the board we saw some true colors of Intel and it really looks like they were not as consumer friendly as they should be.

1 minute ago, QuantumBit said:

Intel doesn't care about its consumers, it just wants to make the most money. It will overprice things, and cut off support for no reason.

1 minute ago, silentprototipe said:

2 words, Anti Consumer

My question is, does AMD really care about consumers then?

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Spoiler

1 minute ago, DocSwag said:

My question is, does AMD really care about consumers then?

More than Intel I'm assuming.

Ion (Main Build)                                                                                        Overall Setup

i5 6500 3.2 GHz                                                                     -Blue snowball (White) thanks goodwill

MSI Mortar Arctic                                                                   -Logitech K120

Asus 1060 6GB Dual                                                             -Logitech Daedalus Prime G302

PNY CS1311 120 GB                                                            -Mousepad I made in 1st grade with my name on it                                                 

WD Caviar Blue 1 TB                                                              

Crucial Ballistix Sport LT White 16GB (8x2GB) 2400

NZXT S340 White

Corsair CXM 450W 

Lenovo H320 (Old Pre-built PC)                                      Possible upgrade for H320          

i5 650 3.2 GHz (heh)                                                                                    Xeon X3470

Motherboard unknown                                                       Same Motherboard

iGPU                                                                                   GT 1030 (MSI Low Profile Half Height)

Crucial 240GB SSD                                                           Crucial 240GB SSD

6GB DDR3 (4+2GB)                                                           8-10GB DDR3 (4+2+2GB/4+4+2GB)

Lenovo H320 case                                                             Lenovo H320 case

Unknown PSU (210W?)                                                     Same PSU (210W?)    

Why would a supercomputer buy 500 i9's when they could buy 750 Threadrippers?

PC Build: R5-1600.  Scythe Mugen 5.  GTX 1060.  120 GB SSD.  1 TB HDD.  FDD Mini C.  8 GB RAM (3000 MHz).  Be Quiet Pure Wings 2.  Capstone-550.  Deepcool 350 RGB.

Peripherals: Qisan Magicforce (80%) w/ Gateron Blues.  Razer Naga Chroma.  Lenovo 24" 1440p IPS.  PS4 Controller.

Audio: Focusrite (Solo, 2nd), SM57, Triton Fethead, AKG c214, Sennheiser HD598's, ATH-M50x, AKG K240, Novation Launchkey

Wishlist: MP S-87, iPad, Yamaha HS5's, more storage

Intel has only has very marginal preformance boost like you said, because FX had no high end cpu's from amd's side. The consumers were pissed because intel started to make a bunch of new and confusing lines (like the x and 8th gen) to combat ryzen, while continuing to push back 10nm

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 MOBO: MSI Tomahawk B350 GPU: Reference cooled GTX 980 Storage: Intel SSD5 256Gb RAM: 8gb Geil EVO Potenza Case:  Phanteks p300 PSU: EVGA 500 watt CPU Cooler: AMD wraith spire

Steam: maxarooni4

Battle.net: MAX

If you have an Oculus HMU in dead and buried   

Just now, QuantumBit said:

IMO, neither does. They only care about money.

These are companies we are talking about. Not people. They care about the profits they're getting. If amd believes they're gonna get more profits by bringing more cores to the mainstream (which they were, since if they priced their CPUs higher they wouldn't be as competitive), then that's what they're gonna do. If they think that they'll get more profits by seeming "consumer friendly" then that's what they're gonna do. If they're gonna make more money by not being "consumer friendly" that's what they're gonna do.

If AMD really did care about consumers, why would they have blatantly lied to their shareholders about Llano? AMD has done anti consumer stuff in the past as well.

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

First thing that comes to mind is wanting 80€ more for a 8700k over a 8700. Like seriously, you pay 25% more just to be able to OC. AMD does that for free. 

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

Intel is anti-consumer (though not saying AMD doesnt have bad history either). I'd let AdoredTV in Youtube do the talking

4 minutes ago, Eduard the weeb said:

there is a limited supply of them and they are making people buying new Z307 even thought they have the same chipset of older Z207 and etc boards.

Also some people have been ticked off that I3s now have the similar clock speeds and core counts of the old I7 cpus with only overclocking out.

To be fair, Coffee Lake has changed the function of pins, specifically more and different pins are used for power delivery, so it's normal for chips to not be compatible. Besides, chipsets only lasting 2 generations is already the norm for Intel, so those who bought Z270 can only blame those who spread info that Z270 can support Coffee Lake.

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

Just now, FloRolf said:

First thing that comes to mind is wanting 80€ more for a 8700k over a 8700. Like seriously, you pay 25% more just to be able to OC. AMD does that for free. 

You also pay for higher out of the box clocks.

R7 1700 and R7 1800X have a big price difference as well because of that.

Just now, Jurrunio said:

Intel is anti-consumer (though not saying AMD doesnt have bad history either). I'd let AdoredTV in Youtube do the talking

To be fair, Coffee Lake has changed the function of pins, specifically more and different pins are used for power delivery, so it's normal for chips to not be compatible. Besides, chipsets only lasting 2 generations is already the norm for Intel, so those who bought Z270 can only blame those who spread info that Z270 can support Coffee Lake.

yeah and honestly idk because I am with ryzen but people he asked so I answered xD

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

Because platform wars make the world go 'round.

21 minutes ago, WereCat said:

You also pay for higher out of the box clocks.

R7 1700 and R7 1800X have a big price difference as well because of that.

Thats true, however you can still easily OC the 1700 to an 1800x. Or at least close. 

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

2 hours ago, minervx said:

Why would a supercomputer buy 500 i9's when they could buy 750 Threadrippers?

This just reminds me of downloading ram

The geek himself.

to be honest, its all about business & companies are there to earn profit. sadly intel is greedier than other & I dont hate intel, i just dont like the fact that they had the opportunity to do what they did. Intel is better optimized platform to me but anyway, since there were no competition, like it is said they established "monopoly" & played dirty, consumers didnt have any other good option so had to pay the price whatever they charged. Gladly Amd's ryzen brought a revolutionary change (in my word) for consumers which forced intel to come down to earth thus we see coffeelake line up. I hope Amd keep pushing more harder & keep the competition going on. that will bring a huge benefit for us consumers again & ensure there wont be anymore monopoly happening again :D 

2 hours ago, QuantumBit said:

yh that's why they made up dated for the vega cards to allow better mining even though they said they wouldn't and would make it harder but here is an update to help you all anyway, don't matter if any one else wants to buy them you miners just buy them all to rocket the price up, who does that help

I7 7700K @5.0ghz, Asus Z270-P, Corsair H115i, hyperX 16gb, Asus duel 1070, Nzxt H440

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/ZTsYD8

19 minutes ago, Fardin said:

to be honest, its all about business & companies are there to earn profit. sadly intel is greedier than other & I dont hate intel, i just dont like the fact that they had the opportunity to do what they did. Intel is better optimized platform to me but anyway, since there were no competition, like it is said they established "monopoly" & played dirty, consumers didnt have any other good option so had to pay the price whatever they charged. Gladly Amd's ryzen brought a revolutionary change (in my word) for consumers which forced intel to come down to earth thus we see coffeelake line up. I hope Amd keep pushing more harder & keep the competition going on. that will bring a huge benefit for us consumers again & ensure there wont be anymore monopoly happening again :D 

Its All About The Money, Money, Money :D also why would a company not want to make money ? oinly sell atr just above a loss to please the consumer..... even though they doid what they do people will ALWAYS go with Intel and that's were the issue lies...

I7 7700K @5.0ghz, Asus Z270-P, Corsair H115i, hyperX 16gb, Asus duel 1070, Nzxt H440

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/ZTsYD8