Actors/Actress's that were perfect fit for their roles

Tcrumpen

Throughout the years i've seen a few TV programs / films where some actors/actress's were basically born to play those roles

Here is my short list

Robert Downey Jr - Iron Man

Ryan Reynolds - Deadpool

Hugh Laurie - Dr. House MD

David Hewett - Dr. Rodney McKay

Edit: Also Nathan Fillion - Richard Castle

What are your personal additions?

I can tell you what will never fit for me in particularly which was making L a black dude in that Death Note movie, this urge of the industry to scream "we're not racist" is starting to really break my immersion on stuff I like >_>

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

1 minute ago, Princess Cadence said:

I can tell you what will never fit for me in particularly which was making L a black dude in that Death Note movie, this urge of the industry to scream "we're not racist" is starting to really break my immersion on stuff I like >_>

I wouldn't put that down to the industry i'd say it's political correctness gone mad. I'm all for people being able to get the roles regardless of colour etc. (everyone is equal) but i do see your point

Hugh Jackman - Wolverine

Daniel Radcliff - HARREH POTTAH

Johnyy Depp - Anything (well, Mostly Jack Sparrow or Edward Scissorhands, ignore Willy Wonka and The native american he played in that western movie. He was decent in Alice in wonderland)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Samuel Jackson - Any badass black guy with a deep voice and who screes mother f****r a lot (I really need to see the Hitmans Bodygaurd TBH)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Just now, TVwazhere said:

Hugh Jackman - Wolverine

Daniel Radcliff - HARREH POTTAH

Johnyy Depp - Anything (well, Mostly Jack Sparrow or Edward Scissorhands, ignore Willy Wonka and The native american he played in that western movie. He was decent in Alice in wonderland)

I'd argue against Radcliffe, after watching many interviews of him, he and Harry Potter just have two different personalities; Radcliffe is very charismatic and smart, he is a good fit no doubt but i'd actually argue Alan Rickman was the more 'perfect fit' in teh Harry Potter films

Samuel Jackson - Any badass black guy with a deep voice and who screes mother f****r a lot (I really need to see the Hitmans Bodygaurd TBH)

He is great, he managed to make Mace Windu badass when the writing for his character was cringe bad at times

Just now, Tcrumpen said:

I'd argue against Radcliffe, after watching many interviews of him, he and Harry Potter just have two different personalities; Radcliffe is very charismatic and smart, he is a good fit no doubt but i'd actually argue Alan Rickman was the more 'perfect fit' in teh Harry Potter films

Oh damn, Alan. He was flawless. TURN TO PAGE THREE HUNDRED AND NIN-TEH FOOOUUURRRRR. Favorite line ever, sheerly on the way he delivered it

Oh damn, Alan. He was flawless. TURN TO PAGE THREE HUNDRED AND NIN-TEH FOOOUUURRRRR. Favorite line ever, sheerly on the way he delivered it

His monotonic delivery made the role; although little inside info, he was great at playing villains but he hated being good at playing villains

Also he does the "I'm stoic because i've been heartbroken" thing really well, i really felt for him when i watched/listened to the last 2 HP books

Ewan McGregor as Obi Wan. 

Harrison Ford as any of the roles he has played in every movie I've seen with him in it. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

3 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

He was good but so out of character when comparing to the books, it's astonishing. I think sometimes he had to do whatever he could to salvage the character because the screenwriters took huge liberties when adapting him.

Which made some scenes plainly weird, like the one where he smacks Harry and Ron in the 4th movie because they are talking. I mean, I simply can't picture the book Snape do that - he was extremely vicious towards them, very one sided and took favoritism to the next level but afaik he never ever hit a student. He would've taken hundred points and given them both detention but manhandling them?

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

Patrick Stewart as Professor-x

Most of the harry potter castings. Rickman was perfect, but overall they did a very good job matching actors with their role.  

Heath Ledger as the joker- Seriously that movie would of been bland as hell without him.

Dwayne, "The rock", Johnson in the run down- He made that movie fun to watch and was when i started taking his acting seriously. 

Jack Black in kung fu panda- I am not a fan of his at all, but was perfect for that role.

Christopher Lee- Dracula, Count Duku (sp?), Sarumon (sp?) or pretty much anything else he's done.

Idriss Elba in Pacific Rim,and as Heimdall. 

Mr and Mrs. Smith 

Dumbledore 

The guy from baby driver 

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

13 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

That's how both are canonly characterized in their lore.

This brings up the argument that everything is up to the writer's interpretation and which universe it is set in. Green Lantern and Nick Fury were at some point portrayed as black and white characters. I still remember that episode of the Justice League cartoon when John Stewart (Black Green Lantern) suddenly changed to Hal Jordan (White Green Lantern) because somebody was messing with time.

29 minutes ago, Lathlaer said:

like the one where he smacks Harry and Ron in the 4th movie because they are talking. I

Image result for turn to page 394

Controversial:

Hayden Christensen as Anakin Skywalker. 

Night Fury 2.0:

Spoiler

Intel Core i5-6500 / Cryorig H7 / Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H / Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz / EVGA GTX 1070 SC / Fractal Design Define R5 / Adata SP550 240GB / WD Blue 500GB / WD Blue 1TB / EVGA 750GQ 

Daily Drivers:

Spoiler

Google Pixel XL 128GB / Jaybird Bluebuds X3 / Logitech MX Master / Sennheiser HD 598 / 

2 hours ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

I guess a voice actor is still considered an actor, so Mark Hamill as the voice of the Joker and Kevin Conroy as the voice of Batman, in Batman: The Animated Series. 

Freaking Mark Hamill.... Cannot agree more. I just started replaying Arkham Knight again

Jim Carrey.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Charles Dance as Tywin Lannister, captured him from the books 110%, just a perfect match. 

Tom Holland as Peter Parker. 

Most of the main cast in Black Sails. (Especially Ray Stevenson as Blackbeard)

Tom Ellis as Lucifer in the netflix series.

Benedict Cumberbatch. Pretty much everything he's been in.

Alan Tudyk. Also everything he's ever been in.

Paul Bettany. Jarvis, Vision. Jock, Priest, etc.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

10 hours ago, Princess Cadence said:

I initially saw an ad for the death note movie, and that sparked my interest into the anime, i'm about halfway through it and am cringing rn at the thought of L being played by a black guy. 

This would've been amazing.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580