WB hide Shadow of Wars true ending behind a choice, grind for 40 - 50 hours or pay

Master Disaster

Wish we had more Publisher/studio hybrids like CD PROJEKT RED.

So Forza 7 got screwed up
Shadow of War got screwed up

And Battlefront got screwed up

Is this the worst quarter for games?

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

3 minutes ago, Castdeath97 said:

So Forza 7 got screwed up
Shadow of War got screwed up

And Battlefront got screwed up

Is this the worst quarter for games?

Nba 2k18 gkt screwed the most. Its literally pay to win, and not possible to win without paying 

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

I’ll just speak with a wallet and not buy this game until it comes out in a GOTY Edition or something like that for $5 like what I did with Shadow of Mordor. At least I still have like other 10 games I haven’t played on my Steam account.

ZamoRIG 2.0:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.9GHz

Cooling: DeepCool Captain 240 RGB + 2x Corsair ML120 fans

Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming x2 

Motherboard: Asrock X370 Gaming K4 

RAM: 2x8GB DDR4 G Skill Ripjaws V Grey @ 2800MHz 

SSDs: 2xPatriot Ignite M.2 240GB

HDD: WD Black 1TB + WD Green 2TB

PSU: Corsair RM750

Case: Corsair Carbide 400C

ZamoRIG “Portable”:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @ 4GHz

Cooling: Corsair H80i 

Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming 

Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350N Gaming WiFi

RAM: 1x16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance  @ 2400MHz 

SSD: Patriot Ignite M.2 240GB 

HDD: 2TB 2.5” Seagate HDD 

PSU: Corsair TX650M 

Case: Siverstone SG13

41 minutes ago, goodtofufriday said:

Nba 2k18 gkt screwed the most. Its literally pay to win, and not possible to win without paying 

Makes this quarter even worse!

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

i really hope that the cracked version will have enough currency added in, sadly it uses denuvo.

its not the first time WB screws over the customers and it wont be the last.

10 minutes ago, Castdeath97 said:

Makes this quarter even worse!

Wolfenstein II coming up very quickly, it's not all bad.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

11 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Well that's a good way to ensure crap launch sales and foster a "wait for a deep discount" mentality.

Which they'll proceed to blame on piracy, rather than recognizing their own stupidity.

30 minutes ago, apm said:

i really hope that the cracked version will have enough currency added in, sadly it uses denuvo.

its not the first time WB screws over the customers and it wont be the last.

Not biggie, that nut had been cracked open for a while now....

/ON

One more Game and publisher on my do not buy list...:dry:

i dont see what the big problem is. Patience and hard work is giving you the real ending. you are not being forced to pay money. like many things in life if you spend more money things can happen faster. is it bullshit that amazon prime offers 2 day shipping, when if you dont pay you have to wait 3-4 days instead of 2?

Main Rig | Personal Build | Windows 10 | R7 2700x 3.7~4.3ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B450-I | 16gb DDR4 3200mhz | GTX 1080 FE | Coolermaster Elite 130 | Corsair H60 | WD Blue SN500 500GB NVMe SSD + 1tb WD Green HDD + 1tb WD Blue HDD

Laptop | HP m6-w102dx | Windows 10 | i7-5500u 2.4~3.0ghz | 8gb DDR3L | GT 930m 2gb| 120gb Sandisk SSD

Phone | Pixel 3 | Verizon | 64gb

18 minutes ago, Jito463 said:

Which they'll proceed to blame on piracy, rather than recognizing their own stupidity.

To be fair it will increase the ratio of piracy to purchase on this game but that shouldn't be much of a surprise if you fuck up a game like this people will modify it to not be such shit, look at denuvo games they drop in sales since no one wants a game with that crap on it so they get a version that the garbage is removed. (which takes only ~2 hours to remove now XD)

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

2 minutes ago, SlipperyPete said:

Patience and hard work is giving you the real ending. you are not being forced to pay money

Purposely putting in a blatant grind mechanic for the sole purpose of selling microtransactions isn't the same as a game requiring effort to complete

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

17 minutes ago, SlipperyPete said:

i dont see what the big problem is. Patience and hard work is giving you the real ending. you are not being forced to pay money. like many things in life if you spend more money things can happen faster. is it bullshit that amazon prime offers 2 day shipping, when if you dont pay you have to wait 3-4 days instead of 2?

Then have fun doing the exact same thing for 50 hours. You would bail out pretty quickly IMO....

I was considering getting this game. But if they're pretty much just doing what they did with the recent mobile game, I'll pass.

42 minutes ago, Jito463 said:

They'll try but this is the same publisher that actually had to recall a fucking game because it was so shit so yeah, I don't mind if they try that they actually undermine the hard anti piracy arguments.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I got a very good deal on the pre-order (almost 50% off) and I really liked shadow of mordor so i went for it. I plan to ignore all microtrasnactions and honestly if the game's "true ending" is a grindfest I'll just youtube it.

Edit: Forgot to point out that I only pre-ordered because of the crazy deal I got, I am otherwise against pre-ordering video games.

MOAR COARS: 5GHz "Confirmed" Black Edition™ The Build
AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

1 hour ago, jagdtigger said:

Then have fun doing the exact same thing for 50 hours. You would bail out pretty quickly IMO....

what are you basing that opinion on?

Main Rig | Personal Build | Windows 10 | R7 2700x 3.7~4.3ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B450-I | 16gb DDR4 3200mhz | GTX 1080 FE | Coolermaster Elite 130 | Corsair H60 | WD Blue SN500 500GB NVMe SSD + 1tb WD Green HDD + 1tb WD Blue HDD

Laptop | HP m6-w102dx | Windows 10 | i7-5500u 2.4~3.0ghz | 8gb DDR3L | GT 930m 2gb| 120gb Sandisk SSD

Phone | Pixel 3 | Verizon | 64gb

I'll probably still get the game since I like management-type games. Still have to see how the orc army setup is done, but hopefully the various orc camps have different goals for their conquest. 

Hopefully, they also allow me to bring a graug to an orc encampment once more. #GoodTimes

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

Honestly the only issue I see here is this, You can play the game or you can cheat an pay to finish... :| 

If you pay to finish well that is your loss in both not playing something you paid for (well I guess you paying twice so why buy it to start?)  and cheating. 

Now if the thing is that you have to pay in game money to finish the game well that is stupid, the game should finish when you finish the story line, side quests are just that - side quests; optional in the grand scheme of things.

I am a (whatcha call those that finish the entire game?) so I have no issue grinding the game to accomplish this goal but if the in game is super expensive making you grind unnecessarily to finish the game that is epic stupidity.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Just now, Jito463 said:

Completionist.

Thanks I was having a brain fart moment .. :D 

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER