Most Wanted Upcoming Games

chilicheeseburger

So, just like every year we're looking at a lot of upcoming games to be released this fall/winter.

Which ones are you looking forward to the most?

For me it's

• Wolfenstein II

The Wolfenstein reboot was one of the best shooters in recent memory. In my opinion it combined the best elements of classic and modern day FPS. I enjoyed The Old Blood as well, so I'm excited to play the sequel.

• Middle Earth - Shadow of War

I liked the first game and Shadow of War seems to build and improve upon a lot of the same gameplay mechanics. Let's hope all that micro-transaction bullshit won't ruin the game.

• CoD WWII (Not too sure about this one yet)

Played the beta and found it quite enjoyable. A slight return to form of sorts. Haven't found a multiplayer FPS to get into in years, maybe this will work for me.

The game I'm looking forward to the most right now is only scheduled for release in february of 2018:

• Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Been following the development ever since it was announced and it's looking really good. Can't wait to play it.

I hope that sometime in the future, some big company makes a high-quality, open-world driving game (procedurally generated levels would be great). BeamNG.drive is the closest thing to that.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

I'm not really looking out for any games that are announced at the moment. Kinda lost interest in many game series I loved years ago. Well, I'm only somewhat looking out for Sonic Forces: but I don't have any high hopes.

Some games I would be excited for is a new Elder Scrolls game, really a series (well, game.. I only really played Skyrim) I have loved for a couple of years. Also somewhat looking out for the remakes of Morrowind and Oblivion in the Skyrim engine. Does that count? (those are the reason I haven't played the previous Elder Scrolls games.. much at all).

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

What about Ashes Of Creation? 

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

2 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

I hope that sometime in the future, some big company makes a high-quality, open-world driving game (procedurally generated levels would be great). BeamNG.drive is the closest thing to that.

Well, BeamNG.drive is more of sandbox. Haven't touched it in a while, it is fun to play around with but it kinda got old really fast.

1 hour ago, Minibois said:

I'm not really looking out for any games that are announced at the moment. Kinda lost interest in many game series I loved years ago. Well, I'm only somewhat looking out for Sonic Forces: but I don't have any high hopes.

Some games I would be excited for is a new Elder Scrolls game, really a series (well, game.. I only really played Skyrim) I have loved for a couple of years. Also somewhat looking out for the remakes of Morrowind and Oblivion in the Skyrim engine. Does that count? (those are the reason I haven't played the previous Elder Scrolls games.. much at all).

Looking forward to Skywind and Skyblivion myself but seeing as they're large scale mods I don't think they'll be out any time soon. Although there's clearly a lot of progress being made on Skywind in particular and it looks really promising. You're gonna need to have the original games installed anyway so grabbing them on a sale on Steam is basically a no-brainer. They haven't aged all that well but there are mods and you can make even Morrorwind look really nice.

You should check out the Kingdom Come: Deliverance game I mentioned, think Skyrim without the fantasy elements, set in medieval Bohemia.

1 hour ago, Simon771 said:

What about Ashes Of Creation? 

Never heard of it before, I checked to see what it's about but I can never really get into MMOs.

1 minute ago, chilicheeseburger said:

Well, BeamNG.drive is more of sandbox. Haven't touched it in a while, it is fun to play around with but it kinda got old really fast.

I like it. It would get old very fast if it was not for the huge modding community.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

My list goes sorta like this (by release date):

Destiny 2 (October 24)
Assassin's Creed Origins (October 27) - Maybe meh, not sure I like the new approach. The combat is sort of off-putting.
Wolfenstein II (October 27)
Star Wars: Battlefront II (November 17)
Far Cry 5 (Febuary 27, 2018)

Red Dead Redemption 2 (Spring 2018) - The only PS4-exclusive game in my list, and the only game I'd want to purchase a PS4 for.
Anthem (Fall, 2018)

FAR OUT:
Cyberpunk 2077 (CD Projekt Red)
Death Stranding (That one with Mads Mikkelsen)

c u r r e n t  /  ROG MAXIMUS Z690 FORMULA  /  I7-12700K  /  2080TI  /  32GB DDR5  /  LIAN LI PC-O11 DYNAMIC

Z170 STINGER  /  6700K  /  TITAN X  /  32GB DDR4  /  NZXT MANTA  /  j u i c e b o x  build log

nohasslemods 

1 hour ago, chilicheeseburger said:

Never heard of it before, I checked to see what it's about but I can never really get into MMOs.

MMORPG are the only type of games I play.

Well Overwatch is exception to that list, but otherwise only mmorpg.

Started with KalOnline and moved to Guild Wars 2, then WoW, Archeage, BDO ... all games have problems with stable fps, so I'm hoping Ashes of Creation will be the first MMORPG to finally fix those problems and utilize 100% of GPU/CPU before it starts dropping frames.

I don't understand why people can't get into MMORPG. What's not to like there? Besides unstable fps problems of course xD 

Tons of players playing it, massive battles, PvP, PvE, sieges, wars, boss fights. It's just hard to get bored from those games. At least that's my opinion.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

1 minute ago, Simon771 said:

I don't understand why people can't get into MMORPG. What's not to like there? Besides unstable fps problems of course xD 

Tons of players playing it, massive battles, PvP, PvE, sieges, wars, boss fights. It's just hard to get bored from those games. At least that's my opinion.

I used to play Silkroad and Flyff back in the day. Played TES:O when it was in Beta...

The thing I don't like about MMORPGs is that, at least for me, they get repetitive really quick. It feels like all you ever do is killing monsters or doing fetch quests in order to level up. It's also very time consuming. I like RPGs, but I like them for the story they're telling and in MMORPGs the story is often very shallow and just feels shoehorned in. 

2 hours ago, chilicheeseburger said:

Looking forward to Skywind and Skyblivion myself but seeing as they're large scale mods I don't think they'll be out any time soon. Although there's clearly a lot of progress being made on Skywind in particular and it looks really promising. You're gonna need to have the original games installed anyway so grabbing them on a sale on Steam is basically a no-brainer. They haven't aged all that well but there are mods and you can make even Morrorwind look really nice.

You should check out the Kingdom Come: Deliverance game I mentioned, think Skyrim without the fantasy elements, set in medieval Bohemia.

I got Oblivion and Morrowind GOTY for this exact reason (Skywind and Skyblivion). Once I have time, I might play and mod these two, but I intend to play them once those 'remakes' come out.

It's also not really the looks of the game that kinda make me hesitant to play the original games, but more the game mechanics. 

Also, I mostly like Elder Scrolls games because of their fantasy setting. I like the different kinds of fantasy creatures, magic, etc.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Wolfenstein 2

Anthem

Cyberpunk 2077

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Resident Evil 2 Remake

Fallout 5 (not like shit 4)

and of course..., the one and only......

Half Life 3............................................ i know......................

METRO EXODUS!!!

its going to be amazing to get another beautiful campaign written by an international best selling author with astonishing graphics, an immersive world of survival. The gameplay has been refined over 2 games and a redux yet to receive playtesting again for this release. The graphics shimmer awe upon all gazing upon the glory!! This game will be magnificent!!!!

edit:

A new obsidian Fallout game. Let's get an fps rpg created by competent people please. 

Need For Speed Payback

Glad EA listened and it wont be always online like NFS 2015, i hate paying 60 $ for a game i have no control over.

Games releasing this Fall and Winter that I'm aware I'm looking forward to:

Assassin's Creed: Origins
ELEX
SpellForce 3

Dragon Ball FighterZ

Monster Hunter World

Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Games further off in the distance that I'm looking forward to:

Pillars of Eternity 2
Anthem
Cyberpunk 2077
Metro Exodus
Psychonauts 2
MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries

BattleTech
Apeiron
Next Battlefield game (around November 2018)
Red Dead Redemption 2 (PC version, probably over a year away)
Age of Empires 4 (probably over a year away)
Diablo II Remaster
Warcraft III Remaster

Wasteland 3

Some additional games that I'm modestly intrigued by:

Mount & Blade II
Far Cry 5
System Shock Remastered

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

The only games I'm really looking forward to are Star Citizen and Cyberpunk 2077... it's gonna be a long wait.

south park 2

destiny 2

okami HD (yes on pc)

no no kuni 2

kingdom come deliverance

secret of mana

farcry 5

On 10/10/2017 at 8:38 AM, Delicieuxz said:

Games releasing this Fall and Winter that I'm aware I'm looking forward to:

Assassin's Creed: Origins
ELEX
SpellForce 3

Dragon Ball FighterZ

Monster Hunter World

Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Completely forgot about ELEX! I looked at some gameplay footage on YouTube and while the graphics look a bit outdated, it still has that typical Piranha Bytes spirit gameplay-wise. Are you a fan of their older games as well?

7 minutes ago, chilicheeseburger said:

Completely forgot about ELEX! I looked at some gameplay footage on YouTube and while the graphics look a bit outdated, it still has that typical Piranha Bytes spirit gameplay-wise. Are you a fan of their older games as well?

i wonder how fucking broken that game will be on release.

19 minutes ago, chilicheeseburger said:

:D Hopefully not as broken as Gothic 3 when it came out. But that was an incredibly rushed release.

their last games (risen 1 and 2) were broken af too.